We should learn to assess our players honestly

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We should learn to assess our players honestly

Post by Scipio Africanus »

1naija wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:54 pm Nonsense. He didn't get service for 3 ganes? What service did Sadiq get that he almost equalized for us ? You have to put yourself in position to get service in the first place.
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:45 pm
1naija wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:35 pm 1. Awonyi was a waste of space
2. Akpeyi is the best Nigerian goalkeeper, followed by Uzoho.
3. Sadiq belongs in the SE. Call him clumsy or whatever.
4. I am not sure what value Olayinka adds to the team.

We must stop rattling off names of every player that occasionally scored a goal for his club.
1. Nonsense. he didn't get any service. We have no reliable attacking system.

2. Utter nonsense. I guess Neuer is a rubbish 'keeper because he has been beaten form distant many times

3. Agreed. sadiq would do MUCH better with decent service. See #1.

4. The jury is out on that one.
Correct. He didn't get service for 4 games. How many accurate crosses did our wingers make in 4 games? How many key passes did our midfielders make? Answer those questions. Those who understand football, this is what they look for, not who is using ball to do body movement ...

Wha choo looking at?!
Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: We should learn to assess our players honestly

Post by Enyi »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:23 pm
Enyi wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:00 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:52 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:45 pm
1naija wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:35 pm 1. Awonyi was a waste of space
2. Akpeyi is the best Nigerian goalkeeper, followed by Uzoho.
3. Sadiq belongs in the SE. Call him clumsy or whatever.
4. I am not sure what value Olayinka adds to the team.

We must stop rattling off names of every player that occasionally scored a goal for his club.
1. Nonsense. he didn't get any service. We have no reliable attacking system.

2. Utter nonsense. I guess Neuer is a rubbish 'keeper because he has been beaten form distant many times

3. Agreed. sadiq would do MUCH better with decent service. See 31.

4. The jury is out on that one.
But I'm sure you can also find many videos of Neuer saving his country with outrageous saves, I pray you to find one (just one) of Okoye making anything other than routine saves. Yes a keeper can make a mistake, but Okoye has NEVER shown to be more than a routine save making keeper for the SE. He's never show he can be the difference maker back there. That is what you need as a NT GK, means you are the best of the best available and it should show. Yes you can make a mistake here or there, but there should still be a body of work showing why you are the best....Okoye doesn't have that, Uzoho does, even Akpeyi does...
Save against Salah wasn’t routine bro
It wasn't an intentional save, he made himself as big as he could and then hoped the attacker didn't beat him which luckily he didn't and the shot was so tame even if it went past Okoye's foot the retreating defenders would have cleared it before it crossed the line. Its a good save none the less, but is not what I'm talking about. I'm asking for shots where he pulls off an incredible reflex diving save showing he's more than just a routine keeper. I don't think he has any for the SE. Almost every low shot against him has been a goal, look at all the Salone goals. He simply doesn't have a body of work showing he can actually SAVE us consistently to now pardon this gaffe. IMO, if you think the Salah save is enough for you then fine, but I don't...
Mace04, you may be right in terms of the SE but I have watched this guy for Spartak and he has made saves that gained them points - to the extent that he was their player of the season last year and Ajax wanted him….

Remember he just came back from injury….ppl forget that as well….

He is a good keeper and can be great
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........