Why was Rohr sacked

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Why was Rohr sacked

Post by john12 »

Please, I am trying to be neutral as much as possible. Why was Rohr sacked?? He met his Target which were
Qualify us for the nations cup and reach at least semi final =
Qualify us for the World Cup? = Met

If he met all these target, why was he terminated? Was “beautiful football” written anywhere on his contract?? They problem is that, Nigerians overrate their players, disregard History and doesn’t learn their lesson. I just want someone to give me a good reason why Rohr was sacked.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why was Rohr sacked

Post by Riche007 »

Dude, give it a rest.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

he didnt play sexy football
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Riche007 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:55 pm Dude, give it a rest.
It’s actually a genuine question
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

ANC wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:55 pm he didnt play sexy football
Was sexy football written on his contractual clause?? Sir, are you privy to his contract
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

FEELINGS

Simple as that.

He was sacked because some people didn't feel right even though all targets were being met.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Losing at home to Central African Republic while playing dreadful football is enough to warrant termination. Let's move on. Rohr would not have taken us to the promised land in this tournament.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

mystic wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:59 pm Losing at home to Central African Republic while playing dreadful football is enough to warrant termination. Let's move on. Rohr would not have taken us to the promised land in this tournament.

Football isn’t a mathematical equation bro. The end supersede the beginning. Where was losing to CAR documented as a terminable offense? He still qualified at the end
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Rohr was rightfully sacked IMO

But I despise the way the anti-Rohr brigade attacked every little thing he did or said and downplayed his achievements and expected miracles of him.

Yet a local coach fails miserably and they go hiding or the pathetic excuses are concocted. They will continue to tell us "local coach only"

Yet the last 3 local coaches have FAILED MISERABLY.

Rohr needs to be respected for what he achieved. Not my cup of tea, but I appreciate what he did.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:06 pm Rohr was rightfully sacked IMO

But I despise the way the anti-Rohr brigade attacked every little thing he did or said and downplayed his achievements and expected miracles of him.

Yet a local coach fails miserably and they go hiding or the pathetic excuses are concocted. They will continue to tell us "local coach only"

Rohr needs to be respected for what he achieved. Not my cup of tea, but I appreciate what he did.
He wasn’t rightfully sacked. You cannot sack someone for meeting their target. It is a basic principle
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Lol. One of those local coaches won the AFCON and got to the WC 2nd round after being with the team for a shorter period than Rohr. Only one foreign coach achieved the same.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

john12 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:53 pm Please, I am trying to be neutral as much as possible. Why was Rohr sacked?? He met his Target which were

If he met all these target, why was he terminated? Was “beautiful football” written anywhere on his contract?? They problem is that, Nigerians overrate their players, disregard History and doesn’t learn their lesson. I just want someone to give me a good reason why Rohr was sacked.
Menh, please this is NOT the time for bringing coach Rohr into the discussion. I am HURTING. We lost to Tunisia? When we didn't score in the first half, I knew there is a problem. When we lost a player, it was all over, I suspected
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Odas wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:12 pm
john12 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:53 pm Please, I am trying to be neutral as much as possible. Why was Rohr sacked?? He met his Target which were

Menh, please this is NOT the time for bringing coach Rohr into the discussion. I am HURTING. We lost to Tunisia? When we didn't score in the first half, I knew there is a problem
The first step at solving problem is admitting there is a problem.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

john12 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:13 pm

Menh, please this is NOT the time for bringing coach Rohr into the discussion. I am HURTING. We lost to Tunisia? When we didn't score in the first half, I knew there is a problem
The problem was that Rohr was not fired earlier.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:14 pm

Nor worry your eye go clear soon
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:08 pm

Lol. One of those local coaches won the AFCON and got to the WC 2nd round after being with the team for a shorter period than Rohr. Only one foreign coach achieved the same.
the last 3/4 local coaches failed MISERABLY in their afcon attempts

2022 Eguoavoen 2nd round loss
2017 Oliseh/SSS failed to qualify
2015 Keshi failed to qualify

That is a piss poor set of results, stop the spin these coaches are not up to it.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

why couldn't we achieve our "customary bronze" ?

Where is it ?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:16 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:08 pm

the last 3/4 local coaches failed MISERABLY in their afcon attempts

2022 Eguoavoen 2nd round loss
2017 Oliseh/SSS failed to qualify
2015 Keshi failed to qualify

That is a piss poor set of results, stop the spin these coaches are not up to it.
And how have our last 3 foreign managers fared? Keshi won the AFCON and got to the WC 2nd round. You know you want to wish that away but you can't.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

john12 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:16 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:14 pm

Nor worry your eye go clear soon
I say this new coach we hired, how good is he?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

john12 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:03 pm
mystic wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:59 pm Losing at home to Central African Republic while playing dreadful football is enough to warrant termination. Let's move on. Rohr would not have taken us to the promised land in this tournament.

Football isn’t a mathematical equation bro. The end supersede the beginning. Where was losing to CAR documented as a terminable offense? He still qualified at the end

He still qualified in the end, but left his employers with zero confidence that he could take us any further. When you lose the confidence of your employers you will normally get fired.

That's the bottom line.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

mystic wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:24 pm
john12 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:03 pm

He still qualified in the end, but left his employers with zero confidence that he could take us any further. When you lose the confidence of your employers you will normally get fired.

That's the bottom line.

Was inspiring confidence written on his contract?? We love to put feelings over fact in this country
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

In my view, Gernot Rohr, was correctly SACKED. You cannot have a coach manage Nigeria to three uninspiring results AT HOME and you keep that manager. There should be zero regrets for getting rid of Rohr. It is not as if he had won anything for Nigeria to earn a reprieve after those poor results at home. It was good riddance.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Tomorrow one clown will tell us to move on.

Meanwhile, he doesn't see this native who is infatuated with mediocrity. :roll: :roll:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!