Eguavoen steps down as Super Eagles coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eguavoen steps down as Super Eagles coach.

Post by maceo4 »

He is the interim, this is expected, I doubt he would want to even try to continue after this loss, leave his safe confy TD job for this wahala....who would? As a patriotic Nigerian he answered the call to step in on an interim basis, showed us one or two things, but Picnic should go ahead with his plans like he had always stated that he had brought Peseiro to take over after ANC...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eguavoen steps down as Super Eagles coach

Post by vancity eagle »

Peseiro wasn't even in Cameroon.

We are focked !!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

He should just continue. No time left.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Synopsis wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:04 pm He should just continue. No time left.
I doubt he will want to continue, we both know the reason why.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Eguavoen is an honorable man, he did the right thing.
OCCUPY NFF!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

He fell on his sword like a man. Thanks for the good memories...but it is how it is
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Synopsis wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:04 pm He should just continue. No time left.
So that VE and co can rain insults on him. Dude didn't fight for this position, he was tasked to do it as part of his existing job with just 2 weeks before the tourney. All those getting at him actually forget that they actually expected us to crash out in the group stages, even some were predicting Egypt would beat us 4-0, now that didn't happened then their emotions now swing to the other end "AYYYYYEEEE WE GONNA WIN IT ALL", then that doesn't happen they throw a temper tantrum...mschew...abeg allow him to get back to his desk work as TD, and Picnic to hire whoever he wants as coach...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:06 pm Eguavoen is an honorable man, he did the right thing.
But I was a disgrace for saying this is what will likely happen? Gosh you folks emotions are something else...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:08 pm
So that VE and co can rain insults on him. Dude didn't fight for this position, he was tasked to do it as part of his existing job with just 2 weeks before the tourney. All those getting at him actually forget that they actually expected us to crash out in the group stages, even some were predicting Egypt would beat us 4-0, now that didn't happened then their emotions now swing to the other end "AYYYYYEEEE WE GONNA WIN IT ALL", then that doesn't happen they throw a temper tantrum...mschew...abeg allow him to get back to his desk work as TD, and Picnic to hire whoever he wants as coach...
Exactly. Before VE wishes death on him and his family.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:13 pm
not gonna happen

he did ok, but he is not the answer.

He was outcoached by a PE teacher today.

His old antiquated 442 was always going to fail, just as it failed Rohr before him. I told this to all of you, but you no wan listen.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:25 pm
not gonna happen

he did ok, but he is not the answer.

He was outcoached by a PE teacher today.

His old antiquated 442 was always going to fail, just as it failed Rohr before him. I told this to all of you, but you no wan listen.
He's stepped down, what else do you want? Seriously what else do you want from him?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Yeah, he did the right thing. I had wished we win it all, so he can stay.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:09 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:06 pm Eguavoen is an honorable man, he did the right thing.
But I was a disgrace for saying this is what will likely happen? Gosh you folks emotions are something else...
Big disgrace for campaigning to destroy what Rohr was building.
OCCUPY NFF!!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Good for him. I'm proud of the job that he did. His contribution as the Technical Director is more important anyway.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My belle-ooo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:31 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:09 pm
Big disgrace for campaigning to destroy what Rohr was building.
Are you high? I was saying they shouldn't sack **** so close to a tournament. Not because I like him but because I wanted the NFF to learn to honor contracts as he had delivered on all that was mandated in his contract. Picnic fired him which is beyond any of our control so I support the interim whose job was only to handle the ANC. His job is done and I said he will likely go back to his TD position...then you call me a disgrace for stating the obvious? Stop being so emotional buddy...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Eguavorn should continue. Today showed him.which players belong and who doesnt
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Eguavoen steps down as Super Eagles coach after AFCON 2021 exit

Post by Lolly »

He tried but his best was not good enough.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/23/eguavoe ... 2021-exit/
Eguavoen steps down as Super Eagles coach after AFCON 2021 exit

Published on January 23, 2022
By Ifreke Inyang

Augustine Eguavoen has stepped down as the interim coach of the Nigeria national team.

This follows the Super Eagles’ 1-0 defeat to Tunisia in the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations round of 16 clash on Sunday.

Eguavoen had led the three-time champions to three straight wins against Egypt, Sudan and Guinea-Bissau.

However, they fell short against a Covid-stricken Tunisian team in the knockout stages.

“What happens next is that I’m the interim coach and Technical Director of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

“I will go back to my position and allow the NFF (to) make a decision on the way forward,” Eguavoen said after the match.

Eguavoen stepped in after Gernot Rohr was sacked last month. However, the NFF announced Jose Peseiro as the new permanent coach before the AFCON kicked off.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Eguavoen steps down as Super Eagles coach after AFCON 2021 exit

Post by Tobi17 »

It is what it is, Tunisia were aware of their limitations and were smart enough to park the bus and pick their moments... unfortunately we fell into a perfectly laid trap. The world cup is more important to me tbh but I don't think Eguavoen will want the job due to pressure and big expectations he might be scared to meet. The only silverlining here is that Ghana is in utter shambles and don't even have a coach yet, so we are at least in a better position than they are.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Na so :boo:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

Naija soccer is dangerous to your health
You are Your Own Dog
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

Dog Bruno wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:41 am Naija soccer is dangerous to your health
BTW, is lightweight Musa still playing for the SE? How many times did Sadiq come close to scoring (but never scored)?
Same old garbage.
You are Your Own Dog