Okoye

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Okoye

Post by fabio »

airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:53 pm Enyeama was a generational talent. It might be decades before you get another like him. For now yall are stuck with Okoye. I see some of you mentioning Akpeyi and Ezenwa, please these guys are not better than Okoye. We will just have to do with either him or Uzoho.
What are you on about egbon?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

fabio wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:50 pm
Enugu II wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:01 pm
amafolas wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:47 pm I miss Enyeama. For 15 years, we had a solid dependable goalie.
True word. We all miss him. Hopefully, okoye can get better. He has the height and he is a modern keeper who can play infield but he just has to be better. The goal he conceded yesterday was just awful and I wonder if he concentrated but this is just speculation at this point.
Prof, remember Vincent suffered serious criticism early on, in his career with SE, especially his inability to deal with crosses.
Memories are short on this site :D always want "ready made"
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

metalalloy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:59 pm Memories are short on this site :D always want "ready made"
Memories are short. We must not forget the likes of Vincent Enyeama and Ike Shoromu t al, were not rushed or fast tracked into the SE. It took years of being understudy before they become SE no.1 GK.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

airwolex wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:42 pm Oh please. Yall are annoying af
I swear! Each time we lose a match, almost everyone know more than the coach(es) and players. Please let's move on and prepare for Ghana.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Twitter and Instagram are poisonous platforms. Agberos and jobless people full there.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:10 pm Twitter and Instagram are poisonous platforms. Agberos and jobless people full there.
I am glad that he turned it off. No player should have to face such bile. Okoye and all the others give the best that they can. Those who feel otherwise, I bet cannot even do as much when put under the spotlight.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:10 pm Twitter and Instagram are poisonous platforms. Agberos and jobless people full there.
Despicable human beings.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i think they should go after those loser abusing players on social media. trash people who cannot stand toe to toe can run their mouths . They should be reported and charged ..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Some of the bants about Maduka are ok (he will look back and laugh later) but some have been absolutely horrendous. Okoye will come good. He can use this setbacks become tougher. As some have said, Enyeama got a flak early on in his career.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:22 pm
I am glad that he turned it off. No player should have to face such bile. Okoye and all the others give the best that they can. Those who feel otherwise, I bet cannot even do as much when put under the spotlight.
It’s nice that you gentlemen are sensitive to insensitive comments on Twitter. It would be just as nice if you were just as sensitive to the intolerably abusive comments right here on CE❗️

Cheers.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Otitokoro wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:03 am What are you talking, Yujam?
That ball was a rocket of a knuckle ball shot. Zero rotation on the ball. That ball was swerving all over the place and would have beaten ANY keeper.
No blame on Okoye. The Tunisian guy had ALL the time in the world to hit that shot with zero pressure from Nigeria.
YUJAM wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:06 am He misjudged the shot. It swerved to his left and caught him leaning the wrong way. He shouldn’t have been beaten from that distance.
:agree: :agree:
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Only fools will lay blame for a team loss on just one person.
This is the type of reaction we can expect from those who watch the game
only with their hearts. Okoye might be part of the cause for the lone
goal by Tunisia, but it was not all one him. It all started with Aina losing
his head, then Ndidi flaying about the opponent instead of going for the
ball, and the keeper misjudging the flight of the ball.
Even when we got behind, the attack was all about build-up with nothing going
in the final third. In short our attack was simply not well coordinated, and our
coach(es) seemed short of ideas.
A major point of the loss has to do with overhyped players who were totally ineffective.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:25 am

Irrationality is repeatedly refusing to believe your own eyes. If Ezenwa had been in goal tonite, the SuperEagles might have had a chance of advancing…but what should one really expect from an old imbecile like you❓❗️

Cheers.
:biggrin: :biggrin:
TonyTheTabbyTerminator :lol: how can a goalie who is not good enough to get a starting position in a local league be starting for the SE? :rotf: This is the height of stupidity, bikonu. :lol: If Ezenwa had been in goal he would have let in seven goals--stop drinking dangerous local gin and think about it, though I know your thinking faculties vacated your skull two decades ago. :lol: Okoye made a mistake--even the best goalies make mistakes, and the list who do is long, from Ter Stergen to Donnarumma to Allison Becker. My friend, if we are talking about old imbeciles who have been drinking too much kaikai before posting, you fit the bill. :biggrin: As I said, Ezenwa must be your sister brother uncle. :rotf: You have a well known penchant for promoting useless relatives. :biggrin:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

joao wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:49 am Only fools will lay blame for a team loss on just one person.
in the final third. In short our attack was simply not well coordinated, and our
A major point of the loss has to do with overhyped players who were totally ineffective.
But the thing is there are times where you just need your last line of defense to bail you out. I mean the defense had been stellar and working hard for him up till then to the point where he was a passenger in most games. Now they sleep once and he couldn’t return the favor to them. It’s a team game so clearly he shouldn’t be solely blamed but you are only as good as your weakest link, and many of us have mentioned we just don’t see why he’s always the undisputed numero uno when he makes so many routine mistakes…but he’s young and will improve…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:23 am
joao wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:49 am Only fools will lay blame for a team loss on just one person.
But the thing is there are times where you just need your last line of defense to bail you out. I mean the defense had been stellar and working hard for him up till then to the point where he was a passenger in most games. Now they sleep once and he couldn’t return the favor to them. It’s a team game so clearly he shouldn’t be solely blamed but you are only as good as your weakest link, and many of us have mentioned we just don’t see why he’s always the undisputed numero uno when he makes so many routine mistakes…but he’s young and will improve…
And which of the goal keepers on the bench have not made any errors?? Is it Akpeyi or Uzoho (see Libya match)? Please keepers conceed goals, it’s part of the game! Stegan for Barca conceeded 8 goals in one match against Bayern and was not crucified. You may want to checkout the type of goals he conceeded.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Na wah o! If we keep killing keepers each time they conceed goals, then there wouldn’t be any keeper left.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Just a reminder that Okoye’s blunder was probably the worst of all time…..

Maybe because he’s half German? :tic:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:45 pm
Enugu II wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:22 pm
It’s nice that you gentlemen are sensitive to insensitive comments on Twitter. It would be just as nice if you were just as sensitive to the intolerably abusive comments right here on CE❗️

Cheers.
I was going to mention that we have people making similar comments on players and coaches. Vancity Eagle is a prominent example.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

What happened to Uzoho?
Rohr invested heavily in the lad.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

gochino wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:55 am
maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:23 am
And which of the goal keepers on the bench have not made any errors?? Is it Akpeyi or Uzoho (see Libya match)? Please keepers conceed goals, it’s part of the game! Stegan for Barca conceeded 8 goals in one match against Bayern and was not crucified. You may want to checkout the type of goals he conceeded.
I’ve said many times I prefer Uzoho, of course he can make a mistake too but he saved a similar shot in the last match, he didn’t parry it far enough to the side but at least he got his body behind the ball and prevented it from going in then Ajayi helped him out. I just think overall he looks the safest hands to me. Just my preference…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Mace04

I think the Tunisian shot was trickier to deal with. Anyway the signs of Okoye's nerves were clear in the first round. He is young abd will definitely improve.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Nope!
Go watch the replay (@ min 9:40)...the shot Uzoho saved was certainly NOT a knuckleball and he did not have an obstructed view when the ball left the shooter's boots.
Much easier to deal with than Okoye's situation.
maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:29 pm
I’ve said many times I prefer Uzoho, of course he can make a mistake too but he saved a similar shot in the last match, he didn’t parry it far enough to the side but at least he got his body behind the ball and prevented it from going in then Ajayi helped him out. I just think overall he looks the safest hands to me. Just my preference…