Okoye

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Okoye

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I hope the boy has the strength to recover from his blunder . It was a tough day in the office but he wasn't the main reason we lost. Still, he's our number 1.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Okoye

Post by vancity eagle »

Sorry Kongi he IS NOT our #1

I dont even think he is our #3

He is a basket goal keepr. He's been hiding for a while, but it is now apparent and it looks like even opposing teams have scouted his weaknesses.

For too many games he just cannot stop routine shots. We've made too many exuses but it is glaring to me that Uzoho must take over at this point. Guy just is jittery as hell and lacks confidence.

ENOUGH.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Oh please. Yall are annoying af
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

He always appeared suspect to me, but who am I?
Rohr picked him and the interim coach did the same.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:32 pm Sorry Kongi he IS NOT our #1

He is a basket goal keepr. He's been hiding for a while, but it is now apparent and it looks like even opposing teams have scouted his weaknesses.

For too many games he just cannot stop routine shots. We've made too many exuses but it is glaring to me that Uzoho must take over at this point. Guy just is jittery as hell and lacks confidence.

ENOUGH.
Weren’t you one of those who berated me when I pointed out a long time ago that Ezenwa did a better than decent job during the qualifiers leading upto the World Cup and as such, he shouldn’t have been replaced by a pair of novices❓❗️

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:50 pm

ENOUGH.
Weren’t you one of those who berated me when I pointed out a long time ago that Ezenwa did a better than decent job during the qualifiers leading upto the World Cup and as such, he shouldn’t have been replaced by a pair of novices❓❗️

Cheers.
Lol @ Ezenwa...ok TTTK we hear you...back to the topic

Okoye should not be the number 1, please o, abeg...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:08 am

ENOUGH.

Cheers.

Well, you see, you guys are part of the problem with your infatuation with everything foreign. I don’t recall that Ezenwa conceded any outrageous goals in the manner these two youngsters have. Uzoho, in particular, conceded a ton of goals in the friendlies leading upto the 2018 World Cup yet most here on CE, for whatever reason, claimed he is better than the guy who got us through the qualifiers without any major incidents. I didn’t see Uzoho’s superiority to Ezenwa then and I still don’t see it now. As for Okoye, well, the less said, the better❗️

Cheers.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

I have a feeling that Uzoho would have kept that ball out. I see him (Okoye), as afraid to "hit" the ground to keep the ball. He does not like to hit the ground but instead would glide. Hitting the ground gives a goalkeeper the fastest way to keep the ball out. The ball he palmed away with one hand would have been better palmed away with both hands in a diving form.
He got the message in his second goal he kept off the shot.

It is a learning experience for the young man. I hope he gets over this loss soon because there is more work to do for the Eagles.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:48 am
maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:08 am

ENOUGH.

Cheers.

Well, you see, you guys are part of the problem with your infatuation with everything foreign. I don’t recall that Ezenwa conceded any outrageous goals in the manner these two youngsters have. Uzoho, in particular, conceded a ton of goals in the friendlies leading upto the 2018 World Cup yet most here on CE, for whatever reason, claimed he is better than the guy who got us through the qualifiers without any major incidents. I didn’t see Uzoho’s superiority to Ezenwa then and I still don’t see it now. As for Okoye, well, the less said, the better❗️

Cheers.
What are you even talking about? Ezenwa is not in the picture, lets talk about folks that are relevant right now, which of those there should be the number 1...haba
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Igugu wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:56 am I have a feeling that Uzoho would have kept that ball out. I see him (Okoye), as afraid to "hit" the ground to keep the ball. He does not like to hit the ground but instead would glide. Hitting the ground gives a goalkeeper the fastest way to keep the ball out. The ball he palmed away with one hand would have been better palmed away with both hands in a diving form.

It is a learning experience for the young man. I hope he gets over this loss soon because there is more work to do for the Eagles.
The second shot was in the air not on the ground, his issue seems to be with low ground shots..
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:58 am
Igugu wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:56 am I have a feeling that Uzoho would have kept that ball out. I see him (Okoye), as afraid to "hit" the ground to keep the ball. He does not like to hit the ground but instead would glide. Hitting the ground gives a goalkeeper the fastest way to keep the ball out. The ball he palmed away with one hand would have been better palmed away with both hands in a diving form.

The second shot was in the air not on the ground, his issue seems to be with low ground shots..
yup. He is good in the air. When it comes to hitting the turf, he is horrible.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

He shouldnt have.been thrusted in as the number 1 goalkeeper at this time. He is not ready for that. Some of us noticed this as far back as the 4 - 4 Seirra Leone game and mentioned it, but was labeled hater. Akpeyi, as much as many hate him for no reason, is a better keeper FOR NIGERIA at this time.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:29 pm I hope the boy has the strength to recover from his blunder . It was a tough day in the office but he wasn't the main reason we lost. Still, he's our number 1.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Igugu,

Uzoho is not that much better than Okoye. The fact is that the goalkeepers we have as our national team goalies have been piss poor for a while and this had been stated over and over. Uzoho is not that good. He is just as average as Okoye. These guys are far from the days of Enyeama. That is the bottomline.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:11 am

Igugu,

Uzoho is not that much better than Okoye. The fact is that the goalkeepers we have as our national team goalies have been piss poor for a while and this had been stated over and over. Uzoho is not that good. He is just as average as Okoye. These guys are far from the days of Enyeama. That is the bottomline.
How do you know Uzoho better than Okoye? Has he been given a run of games like Okoye has? Look we have better GKs out these but our useless GK coach Alloy Agu refuses to call them up. Adeleye is there but has not been given a chance.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:29 pm I hope the boy has the strength to recover from his blunder . It was a tough day in the office but he wasn't the main reason we lost. Still, he's our number 1.
Technically he was the main reason given it was a 1 goal loss and he couldn't keep out a shot that the majority of quality goalkeepers would be able to parry. It wasn't a shot that went to the upper 90 or somewhere up there. He has a problem with daisy cutters and shots that are just low overall.
Bless his heart but he needs to do better. Hopefully he will be even better after this especially when he moves to Watford.

It's still not as bad as the goal Ter Stegen gifted the USA team early in his international career. Such an atrocious "Taibbi" goal and Ter Stegen came back from that to be one of the best in the world. I hope for the same rise to greatness for Okoye.

--------------------------------------------
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:17 am

Igugu,

How do you know Uzoho better than Okoye? Has he been given a run of games like Okoye has? Look we have better GKs out these but our useless GK coach Alloy Agu refuses to call them up. Adeleye is there but has not been given a chance.
Need a lot more competition amongst the goalkeepers. I dont think there is or should be a clear #1 right now.

--------------------------------------------
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

F360 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:20 am
bret- hart wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:17 am

Igugu,

Need a lot more competition amongst the goalkeepers. I dont think there is or should be a clear #1 right now.

Exactly. people were so quick to "anoint" him as #1 without proper competition. Always inviting the same 2 GKs. then rubbish Akpeyi.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Maduka trended more as a Twitter model for the ladies than doing anything noteworthy... Adeleye needs to be invited ahead of the WC playoffs.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:32 am Maduka trended more as a Twitter model for the ladies than doing anything noteworthy... Adeleye needs to be invited ahead of the WC playoffs.
He doesn't want to get dirty.

Mr. Model.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Igugu,

EII,

I disagree with you somewhat. Ikeme was pretty good and Ezenwa was decent but things went to hell in a hand basket with the arrival of Uzoho and stayed bad with Okoye❗️

Cheers.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Kai I just remembered Carl Ikeme, that was one GK that would have been top notch for us.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:56 am

Igugu,

EII,

I disagree with you somewhat. Ikeme was pretty good and Ezenwa was decent but things went to hell in a hand basket with the arrival of Uzoho and stayed bad with Okoye❗️

Cheers.
I think some of you guys are taking illegal drugs. Ezenwa that could not command a regular shirt at his NPFL club or is there another Ezenwa that is employed by Barca or Man City that we dont know about? Guy rest.

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He misjudged the shot. It swerved to his left and caught him leaning the wrong way. He shouldn’t have been beaten from that distance.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"