Okoye

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Okoye

Post by Tobi17 »

YUJAM wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:06 am He misjudged the shot. It swerved to his right and caught him leaning the wrong way. He shouldn’t have been beaten from that distance.
Yujam I'll be supporting Gambia now, I want them to do what Zambia did in 2012
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:58 am Kai I just remembered Carl Ikeme, that was one GK that would have been top notch for us.
Yes even at the WC, Okoye is overrated. Time to slot in 45-year-old Uzoho.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:00 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:56 am
Enugu II wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:11 am
Igugu wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:56 am I have a feeling that Uzoho would have kept that ball out. I see him (Okoye), as afraid to "hit" the ground to keep the ball. He does not like to hit the ground but instead would glide. Hitting the ground gives a goalkeeper the fastest way to keep the ball out. The ball he palmed away with one hand would have been better palmed away with both hands in a diving form.
He got the message in his second goal he kept off the shot.

It is a learning experience for the young man. I hope he gets over this loss soon because there is more work to do for the Eagles.
Igugu,

Uzoho is not that much better than Okoye. The fact is that the goalkeepers we have as our national team goalies have been piss poor for a while and this had been stated over and over. Uzoho is not that good. He is just as average as Okoye. These guys are far from the days of Enyeama. That is the bottomline.
EII,

I disagree with you somewhat. Ikeme was pretty good and Ezenwa was decent but things went to hell in a hand basket with the arrival of Uzoho and stayed bad with Okoye❗️

Cheers.
I think some of you guys are taking illegal drugs. Ezenwa that could not command a regular shirt at his NPFL club or is there another Ezenwa that is employed by Barca or Man City that we dont know about? Guy rest.
If I had a nickel for every time I had to read rubbish from someone, I would be rich enough to buy Lagos. Who gives a rats tail if Ezenwa was the fifth or tenth string goalie at his club? When he got his chance with the SuperEagles, he didn’t let anyone down; unlike some of your overrated friends🤔❗️

Cheers
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

YUJAM wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:06 am He misjudged the shot. It swerved to his left and caught him leaning the wrong way. He shouldn’t have been beaten from that distance.
[/quote

The bold said it all. But how can one misjudge a ball that served in mid-air. For me the fact that he still hot his fingers on to the ball says a lot about his capability.

He remains my #1.

And instead of blaming him, questions should be asked of the 2 CDs plus Aribo and Ndidi who gave the Tunisian all the space he needed to shoot.
Last edited by azuka on Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:02 am
Igugu wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:56 am I have a feeling that Uzoho would have kept that ball out. I see him (Okoye), as afraid to "hit" the ground to keep the ball. He does not like to hit the ground but instead would glide. Hitting the ground gives a goalkeeper the fastest way to keep the ball out. The ball he palmed away with one hand would have been better palmed away with both hands in a diving form.

It is a learning experience for the young man. I hope he gets over this loss soon because there is more work to do for the Eagles.
Igugu,

Uzoho is not that much better than Okoye. The fact is that the goalkeepers we have as our national team goalies have been piss poor for a while and this had been stated over and over. Uzoho is not that good. He is just as average as Okoye. These guys are far from the days of Enyeama. That is the bottomline.
EII,

I disagree with you somewhat. Ikeme was pretty good and Ezenwa was decent but things went to hell in a hand basket with the arrival of Uzoho and stayed bad with Okoye❗️

Cheers.
I think some of you guys are taking illegal drugs. Ezenwa that could not command a regular shirt at his NPFL club or is there another Ezenwa that is employed by Barca or Man City that we dont know about? Guy rest.
If I had a nickel for every time I had to read rubbish from someone, I would be rich enough to buy Lagos. Who gives a rats tail if Ezenwa was the fifth or tenth string goalie at his club? When he got his chance with the SuperEagles, he didn’t let anyone down; unlike some of your overrated friends🤔❗️

Cheers
Guy take some melatonin and go to bed. You are clearly high on something. I think its 1naija's expired weed. Yea so a guy that cannot command a regular starting spot at Eyinmba/ HeartlandFC/Katsina Utd should be our #1 goalkeeper. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :dream:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Igugu,

EII,

Cheers.
:rotf: :rotf:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:16 am

Igugu,

EII,

Cheers.

Cheers
Guy take some melatonin and go to bed. You are clearly high on something. I think its 1naija's expired weed. Yea so a guy that cannot command a regular starting spot at Eyinmba/ HeartlandFC/Katsina Utd should be our #1 goalkeeper. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :dream:
TonyTheTabbyTorturer dey make persin laff. Somebody check and see if Ezenwa is his townsman :lol: It's the only thing that can explain this kind of irrational talk. :lol:
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

What are you talking, Yujam?
That ball was a rocket of a knuckle ball shot. Zero rotation on the ball. That ball was swerving all over the place and would have beaten ANY keeper.
No blame on Okoye. The Tunisian guy had ALL the time in the world to hit that shot with zero pressure from Nigeria.
YUJAM wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:06 am He misjudged the shot. It swerved to his left and caught him leaning the wrong way. He shouldn’t have been beaten from that distance.
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:37 am
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:32 am Maduka trended more as a Twitter model for the ladies than doing anything noteworthy... Adeleye needs to be invited ahead of the WC playoffs.
He doesn't want to get dirty.

Mr. Model.
:D :D :D :D Na you talk am o hahaha...
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

ohsee wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:03 am
bret- hart wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:16 am

Igugu,

EII,

Cheers.

Cheers
TonyTheTabbyTorturer dey make persin laff. Somebody check and see if Ezenwa is his townsman :lol: It's the only thing that can explain this kind of irrational talk. :lol:
Irrationality is repeatedly refusing to believe your own eyes. If Ezenwa had been in goal tonite, the SuperEagles might have had a chance of advancing…but what should one really expect from an old imbecile like you❓❗️

Cheers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

He should have done better and he did try to push the ball over the bar. The ball swerved at the last minute and he wasn’t expecting the swerve. But he is a professional and should have position himself better.

Also, our closing down was poor. The defenders could have done better.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

F360 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:19 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:29 pm I hope the boy has the strength to recover from his blunder . It was a tough day in the office but he wasn't the main reason we lost. Still, he's our number 1.
Technically he was the main reason given it was a 1 goal loss and he couldn't keep out a shot that the majority of quality goalkeepers would be able to parry. It wasn't a shot that went to the upper 90 or somewhere up there. He has a problem with daisy cutters and shots that are just low overall.
Bless his heart but he needs to do better. Hopefully he will be even better after this especially when he moves to Watford.

It's still not as bad as the goal Ter Stegen gifted the USA team early in his international career. Such an atrocious "Taibbi" goal and Ter Stegen came back from that to be one of the best in the world. I hope for the same rise to greatness for Okoye.
A balanced view and well said. And agree with there not being an undisputed No.1 at the moment considering most of them at par. They should be played according to their strengths and opponents being faced and their known qualities.

The issue I have with some people on the forum regards Okoye (not observed on this thread though) is they aren’t even coming from a performance perspective but an issue of that he/they are “Oyinbo boys”. That’s poor.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:03 am What are you talking, Yujam?
That ball was a rocket of a knuckle ball shot. Zero rotation on the ball. That ball was swerving all over the place and would have beaten ANY keeper.
No blame on Okoye. The Tunisian guy had ALL the time in the world to hit that shot with zero pressure from Nigeria.
Otitokoro

Okoye is simply not yet international class but to be clear none of our goalkeepers is. But that shot would and has been routinely handled by several goalkeepers and in this AFCON. No sugar coating changes that. Okoye did poorly there. He had his hand on it but it still went in. Some keepers have saved shots that had from closer spots.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

We need to give Enyeama testosterone replacement therapy and stem cells and recall him.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

#$% keeper ti o se bi Ogedengbe!
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:16 pm #$% keeper ti o se bi Ogedengbe!
Egbon Dammy, don't turn on your boy now :veryangry:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:20 pm
Egbon Dammy, don't turn on your boy now :veryangry:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am happy
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

I miss Enyeama. For 15 years, we had a solid dependable goalie.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

amafolas wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:47 pm I miss Enyeama. For 15 years, we had a solid dependable goalie.
True word. We all miss him. Hopefully, okoye can get better. He has the height and he is a modern keeper who can play infield but he just has to be better. The goal he conceded yesterday was just awful and I wonder if he concentrated but this is just speculation at this point.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:09 am He shouldnt have.been thrusted in as the number 1 goalkeeper at this time. He is not ready for that. Some of us noticed this as far back as the 4 - 4 Seirra Leone game and mentioned it, but was labeled hater. Akpeyi, as much as many hate him for no reason, is a better keeper FOR NIGERIA at this time.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:29 pm I hope the boy has the strength to recover from his blunder . It was a tough day in the office but he wasn't the main reason we lost. Still, he's our number 1.
He was NEVER good enough.

And yes, when we questioned him they accused us of being haters.

I have written here if there are any shots that he stops as it appears any decent shot on goal ends up being a goal.

He is NOT a shot-stopper.

But I hope he continues to grow... but he shouldn't be our starter for now.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I tell you... thought he is a taller version of Best.

But Best was better... Truth be told. Just loved theatrics.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:01 pm
amafolas wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:47 pm I miss Enyeama. For 15 years, we had a solid dependable goalie.
True word. We all miss him. Hopefully, okoye can get better. He has the height and he is a modern keeper who can play infield but he just has to be better. The goal he conceded yesterday was just awful and I wonder if he concentrated but this is just speculation at this point.
Prof, remember Vincent suffered serious criticism early on, in his career with SE, especially his inability to deal with crosses.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Enyeama was a generational talent. It might be decades before you get another like him. For now yall are stuck with Okoye. I see some of you mentioning Akpeyi and Ezenwa, please these guys are not better than Okoye. We will just have to do with either him or Uzoho.