Everyone, please calm down....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Everyone, please calm down....

Post by bushboy »

I'm never one to open these emotional postmortem threads, but reading the front page of eagle's nest is absolutely ridiculous. We lost boohoo!! Suddenly players are useless. Egu is useless. Because we lost a game? A game we dominated from start to finish? A game we played with a man down but still created several scoring chances?

I saw Man City lose to freaking NORWICH CITY!!! Liverpool were hammered by WATFORD!! It happens in football. You cannot win every game. A good team will lose from time to time. We have a good team. We have a good coach. If we play Tunisia 10 times, we beat them 9. Today was that 10th game, and it took a keeper error and a red card for them to pull it off.

I for one am very proud of our team. Much love and respect to these men who carry our hopes and dreams and are subjected to all kinds of abuse and curses simply because they were called to play football for their country and they came. They are human. Mistakes will happen. Losses will happen. We move on. Everyone please calm down. SE for life!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Everyone, please calm down....

Post by aruako1 »

Well said! But people need to vent. Soon the focus will be on the WCQ
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

bushboy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:45 am I'm never one to open these emotional postmortem threads, but reading the front page of eagle's nest is absolutely ridiculous. We lost boohoo!! Suddenly players are useless. Egu is useless. Because we lost a game? A game we dominated from start to finish? A game we played with a man down but still created several scoring chances?

I saw Man City lose to freaking NORWICH CITY!!! Liverpool were hammered by WATFORD!! It happens in football. You cannot win every game. A good team will lose from time to time. We have a good team. We have a good coach. If we play Tunisia 10 times, we beat them 9. Today was that 10th game, and it took a keeper error and a red card for them to pull it off.

I for one am very proud of our team. Much love and respect to these men who carry our hopes and dreams and are subjected to all kinds of abuse and curses simply because they were called to play football for their country and they came. They are human. Mistakes will happen. Losses will happen. We move on. Everyone please calm down. SE for life!!
From 3rd place to 15th place and you’re telling us to calm down?? Please stop the joke
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bushboy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:45 am I'm never one to open these emotional postmortem threads, but reading the front page of eagle's nest is absolutely ridiculous. We lost boohoo!! Suddenly players are useless. Egu is useless. Because we lost a game? A game we dominated from start to finish? A game we played with a man down but still created several scoring chances?

SIGNED. In my view, I saw a team fight hard even with 10 men for long periods. All that was missing was not finding answer in that opening half but the substitutions appeared to be something that could change a game in our favor until a rather shocking concession of a goal from distance that the goalie had well ins sight and had a hand on. Unfortunate. Then and worse still Iwobi being sent off. All the hopes died but I liked how this team played at this AFCON and I will bet on it.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ummmm

when Rohr lost matches, did ya'll tell everyone to calm down ?

When we lost to CAR did you HIGHLIGHT that we controlled the match ?

Double standards na double standards.

If Rohr were the coach today, all hell would have let loose.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:48 am

From 3rd place to 15th place and you’re telling us to calm down?? Please stop the joke
no mind these hypocrites

they yabbed Rohr for winning Bronze, now they tell you to calm down for losing to a 3rd place team in the 2nd round.

:boo: bloody hypocrites
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Well said on the team :clap: :clap: :clap:

Although I must say it may be too early for people to calm down

People have a right to be emotional and in that emotional state, you can expect inconsistency in the argument ..as long as people are not insulted or we are subjected to "Oyinbo players must not be invited" then we have a problem deeper than just emotions
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:49 am

SIGNED. In my view, I saw a team fight hard even with 10 men for long periods. All that was missing was not finding answer in that opening half but the substitutions appeared to be something that could change a game in our favor until a rather shocking concession of a goal from distance that the goalie had well ins sight and had a hand on. Unfortunate. Then and worse still Iwobi being sent off. All the hopes died but I liked how this team played at this AFCON and I will bet on it.
Agreed!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Wonders shall never end. Bushbaby with a sensible post 😱

The delusional sense of entitlement from grown a$$ "adults" on this forum would be comical if it wasn't sad..
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Who stole your handle. For once you are making sense.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

sensible to calm down when we have our worst AFCON showing since 1982

Yet the world is ending when we fail to beat Argentina, Croatia, Algeria.

the world must end when we win "golden bronze"

LOL. Okay Baghdad Bob.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

metalalloy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:31 am

The delusional sense of entitlement from grown a$$ "adults" on this forum would be comical if it wasn't sad..
what of the delusional entitlement that we should beat Argentina, Croatia, and even Algeria, who are all much better teams than a Tunisian team missing 12 players and their coach from Covid.

Sorry you dont get to pull a "calm down" on this one.

This is a national fu*&ing embarassment.

This goes down as one of the biggest SE failures IN HISTORY. You dont get to just sweep this under the rug.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:11 am

what of the delusional entitlement that we should beat Argentina, Croatia, and even Algeria, who are all much better teams than a Tunisian team missing 12 players and their coach from Covid.

This goes down as one of the biggest SE failures IN HISTORY. You dont get to just sweep this under the rug.
My dear broda, you are one of my favorite posters on this forum. It is clear you bleed green and your passion for football and SE is undeniable. I admire that about you. On the flip side, I sometimes feel sorry for you because you sometimes let your passion make you look like a pretty miserable person in real life. This life can be sweet. Find a hobby, maybe a girlfriend. Go out. Eat good food. Travel. Play videogames. Start a business. Something. Anything that allows football become what it should be in your life...a fun passtime. That way losses will still hurt, but it won't be devastating because there are other passions in your life to help you quickly move on.

Good luck bro. SE for life!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Spot on. Well spoken.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

john12 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:48 am

Keep shouting na. It won't bring Rohr back.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Things Nigeria Did Wrong Against Tunisia – Ex Super Eagles Goalkeeper
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Delusion.

We didn't have a single shot on target for the whole first half when we had 11 players on the pitch. And only one on target for 95 minutes of football. That says it all. , And some of you are saying we dominated the game. Didn't we dominate the games we lost to CAR and drew with Sierra Leone and Cape Verde? I thought the point of competing in a competition is to win?

If we play Tunisia 10 times with the team wee had on display yesterday and the same tactics, we would be lucky to win any of them. We got away with it against Egypt who probably had a weak right back, but we were always going to be found out against quality opposition.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

What a shame … these ones consider themselves fans too

http://www.instagram.com/reel/CZGx5BoBW ... hare_sheet
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

bushboy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:28 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:11 am

My dear broda, you are one of my favorite posters on this forum. It is clear you bleed green and your passion for football and SE is undeniable. I admire that about you. On the flip side, I sometimes feel sorry for you because you sometimes let your passion make you look like a pretty miserable person in real life. This life can be sweet. Find a hobby, maybe a girlfriend. Go out. Eat good food. Travel. Play videogames. Start a business. Something. Anything that allows football become what it should be in your life...a fun passtime. That way losses will still hurt, but it won't be devastating because there are other passions in your life to help you quickly move on.

Good luck bro. SE for life!!
Wawawiiiiiiiiiiii!! I don't know what happened to you dude, but please keep it up. Two very matured and very wise posts in one thread. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:26 pm

Delusion.

We didn't have a single shot on target for the whole first half when we had 11 players on the pitch. And only one on target for 95 minutes of football. That says it all. , And some of you are saying we dominated the game. Didn't we dominate the games we lost to CAR and drew with Sierra Leone and Cape Verde? I thought the point of competing in a competition is to win?

If we play Tunisia 10 times with the team wee had on display yesterday and the same tactics, we would be lucky to win any of them. We got away with it against Egypt who probably had a weak right back, but we were always going to be found out against quality opposition.
Lol we did not play well but we still created plenty of dangerous moments. We could have scored.

The Chukwueze cross that Awoniyi failed to connect. The Aina cross. Aribo was through on goal and fluffed. Umar was clean on goal and scuffed the shot. Then Moses shot from an Olayinka cross, if his first touch was better he would have scored.

This when we were playing say below par.

The one shot on target thing is a bit misleading.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:05 pm

Delusion.

Lol we did not play well but we still created plenty of dangerous moments. We could have scored.

The Chukwueze cross that Awoniyi failed to connect. The Aina cross. Aribo was through on goal and fluffed. Umar was clean on goal and scuffed the shot. Then Moses shot from an Olayinka cross, if his first touch was better he would have scored.

If you've been following my posts, I said our attack was really our weakest point and the no shot on goal is just one evidence. We were never going to win this tournament with Awoniyi, Sadiq and Kelechi. I have watched enough football over decades to know what top strikers do in tournaments. And they don't have to be high scoring strikers, some of them just need to know how to hold up play and bring others into the game, win freekicks, penalties and make the right choice of shooting or passing. All our strikers failed here. All those near misses all add up to poor positioning, poor choices, poor play and yes some bad luck. And that is normal hence why you won't have a shot on target per minute. But not to have a single shot on target and claim you played well is delusion. At least test the goalkeeper. It was embarrassing for the so called favourites.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:15 pm

Delusion.

If you've been following my posts, I said our attack was really our weakest point and the no shot on goal is just one evidence. We were never going to win this tournament with Awoniyi, Sadiq and Kelechi. I have watched enough football over decades to know what top strikers do in tournaments. And they don't have to be high scoring strikers, some of them just need to know how to hold up play and bring others into the game, win freekicks, penalties and make the right choice of shooting or passing. All our strikers failed here. All those near misses all add up to poor positioning, poor choices, poor play and yes some bad luck. And that is normal hence why you won't have a shot on target per minute. But not to have a single shot on target and claim you played well is delusion. At least test the goalkeeper. It was embarrassing for the so called favourites.
Lolly

Please stop sending po reading falsehood. It is factual that we had multiple shots on goal in first quarter of an hour alone!!! They were saved by the defense and not necessarily the goalie deep in the box. On one occasion the ball was handled staving off an opportunity. It is simply false to state that there were no shots on goal.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:31 pm
Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:15 pm

Delusion.

Lolly

Please stop sending po reading falsehood. It is factual that we had multiple shots on goal in first quarter of an hour alone!!! They were saved by the defense and not necessarily the goalie deep in the box. On one occasion the ball was handled staving off an opportunity. It is simply false to state that there were no shots on goal.
You are the one sending falsehood. The records are there for all to see. A deflected shot is not counted as on target. Stop changing the rules of the game after it has started.