I'm more pissed off at Eguavoen now

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oscar52
Egg
Egg
Re: I'm more pissed off at Eguavoen now

Post by oscar52 »

joao wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:43 am
oscar52 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:24 am Okoye makes that save and it could be another story altogether. Rohr in six years just assembled a bad team period. At their very core are really not technically sound soccer players. Pick any one of them at there are some basic 101 that they cant do right. If Nacho, Simon, Chukweze, Ekong, and Okoye are in the NPFL, they wont be starting for their teams. I will dismantle this team and rebuild with pieces that are capable. The bigger issue is that your national team kinda mirror your local team and the local teams can't compete in Africa and so not surprising the national team now looks like a bunch of amateurs too. We need to stop overreliance on players that graduate from U17 footy. U17 cups are often won by players that mature faster and can run but once others catch up that advantage can be lost. We have players that can still compete in Africa and do well on the international stage but our selection process needs rejig and never again with coaches like Rohr that was there for 6 years and left no semblance of a team behind. Okoye did them in diving at a ball coming right at him rather than shifting his body behind the ball, goalkeeping 101.
I know you are still mourning the loss, but please tone down on your anger.
The few sentences I highlighted shows that you were letting your anger overcome
what's real. Nacho, Simon, Chukweze, Ekong, and Okoye might be overhyped, but
certainly not NPFL benchwarmers.
Take a chill pill Bro! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It was the worst kind of loss bro. Suck you in then lose to a third place team with such a soft goal. But we move :)
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I'm more pissed off at Eguavoen now

Post by wanaj0 »

chopachop wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:18 am If this match was the first match like it was against the Pharaohs, the eagles would have won
with an impressive display like against Egypt. That victory against the Pharaohs gave everyone even
the players too much confidence and the players didn't put on the hard work that they put in the Egypt
match. Even when one goal down there was still that confidence that the scores would be overturned.
Which can be a PLUS. They did not panic. They were confident in their ability. They believed they are better and can overturn the one goal deficit. I love such confidence.

They failed in that they were not clinical!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”