CAN MUSA PLEASE JUST RETIRE ALREADY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
CAN MUSA PLEASE JUST RETIRE ALREADY

Post by vancity eagle »

SERIOUSLY.......just go :boo:
mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: CAN MUSA PLEASE JUST RETIRE ALREADY

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:18 am SERIOUSLY.......just go :boo:
When he came on I knew that it was over.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

mystic wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:29 am
When he came on I knew that it was over.
Egu is a real mugu for throwing him on like that. Was that a throwback to Rohr or what ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Did he bring Musa on to win the match ?

or to continue to stat pad Musas caps record.

Shameful.
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

I try to support Cerezo even more since we are from the same place but that sub was indefensible.
That was essentially a white flag being thrown up.

--------------------------------------------
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

F360 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:31 am I try to support Cerezo even more since we are from the same place but that sub was indefensible.
That was essentially a white flag being thrown up.
TBH, I was surprised by it given that Musa has turned the ball over frequently in recent times. We needed those who can hold the ball given that we had only 10 men.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:31 am Did he bring Musa on to win the match ?

Shameful.
It's not about the caps. He was basically employing Rohr's tactics of bringing on the 'experienced' Musa when all else fails. But we've seen that movie before.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

You have Ejuke who can carry the ball and run at the Tunisian defense and you bring in Musa....made zero sense.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

mystic wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:44 am
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:31 am Did he bring Musa on to win the match ?

Shameful.
It's not about the caps. He was basically employing Rohr's tactics of bringing on the 'experienced' Musa when all else fails. But we've seen that movie before.
"experience" without quality is SO OVERRATED

SMDH :boo:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:46 am You have Ejuke who can carry the ball and run at the Tunisian defense and you bring in Musa....made zero sense.
He had enough time to bring on Ejuke anyway, we lost the plot way before Musa was subbed in.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:56 am
maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:46 am You have Ejuke who can carry the ball and run at the Tunisian defense and you bring in Musa....made zero sense.
He had enough time to bring on Ejuke anyway, we lost the plot way before Musa was subbed in.
yes but it was insult to injury.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Ahmed Musa, Collins, Shehu, Iwobi need to be phased out of the team.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

What would Ejuke have done? Is it to run with the ball aimlessly without picking up your head to find your teammates?

This tournament was a good lesson for us, provided we learn the right lessons.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Ejuke was not in the 23 today.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mystic wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:03 am

What would Ejuke have done? Is it to run with the ball aimlessly without picking up your head to find your teammates?

More than Musa who is a spent force, he definitely gives us a better chance for something dynamic and individual brilliance more than the current Musa. I mean come on, that much is obvious, we should call a spade a spade, that was not a sub that made much sense.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ugbowo wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:17 am Ejuke was not in the 23 today.
Ahhhh ok...now its starting to be clearer...next obvious question would be why???
Super Eagus 4 Life!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:20 am

More than Musa who is a spent force, he definitely gives us a better chance for something dynamic and individual brilliance more than the current Musa. I mean come on, that much is obvious, we should call a spade a spade, that was not a sub that made much sense.
Musa had no business coming on. However I'm not sure that Ejike would have made any difference considering that the Sub was for Aribo. Ndidi was basically playing midfield all by himself and that wouldn't have changed with Ejuke. We had both Onyeka and Nwakali as better options.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mystic wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:26 am

Musa had no business coming on. However I'm not sure that Ejike would have made any difference considering that the Sub was for Aribo. Ndidi was basically playing midfield all by himself and that wouldn't have changed with Ejuke. We had both Onyeka and Nwakali as better options.
You talking about midfield with a few minutes left in a win or go home game where we are down? You worry about throwing the kitchen sink at the opposition to get an equalizer then if you do THEN you worry about midfield etc for the extra time...but first need to get people who can join attack and try to create chances/opportunities.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:37 am
mystic wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:26 am

You talking about midfield with a few minutes left in a win or go home game where we are down? You worry about throwing the kitchen sink at the opposition to get an equalizer then if you do THEN you worry about midfield etc for the extra time...but first need to get people who can join attack and try to create chances/opportunities.
That's a risk that you take sometimes, but Musa was playing through the middle. That's why I phrased my response as I did.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

:clap: :clap:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:01 am Ahmed Musa, Collins, Shehu, Iwobi need to be phased out of the team.
If with every loss players are phased off , you will run out of players in no time.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...na Musa cause your failure today :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I wonder if Musa knows he is done, or if he genuinely thinks he still has it.

I think players actually are sometimes delusional. Amokachi even said that when he returned from his injury, he thought he still had it.

Musa probably pictures himself from his best years at CSKA or in the World Cup when on the pitch, not realising that he is a liability. He probably means well and doesn't even realise what is going on. He needs somebody close to him to drag him aside and give him some truth.

"Hey Mus, I no wan throw sansan for your garri, but this ball wey you dey play, e don pass you, you dey carry last, e don do, haba, make you siddon, abeg no vex, na your paddy be dis oh, boys for life".
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT