Players that should not go to QATAR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Players that should not go to QATAR

Post by ugly boy »

if we qualify
1. Sadiq
2. Musa
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Players that should not go to QATAR

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Why not just ban all northerners including Ejuke. He's a norther too.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ugly boy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:40 am if we qualify
1. Sadiq
2. Musa
You are a clown.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

1. Abeg make we qualify first.

2. This tournament was a great experience for the likes of Sadiq, Awoniyi, Olayinka, Nwakali and Ndah. It's part of the process of growing into proper internationals (which some of them will become).

3. It stings to compete without some of our best players but the upside is the tournament experience that their replacements gained.

4. Musa should retire from international football.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

1. Sadiq
2. Musa
:lol: :lol:
na wetin dem do you? abi na dem cause your lost to Tunisia?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:43 am Why not just ban all northerners including Ejuke. He's a norther too.
Keep Sanusi.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:43 am Why not just ban all northerners including Ejuke. He's a norther too.
Chidera na Igbo boy with Northern upbringing
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:56 am
Keep Sanusi.
Really? So you agree it’s about dem Northerners?

In case you didn’t know, Collins and Simon Moses are also from the North, Kaduna and Benue respectively. Should we ban them too?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

We need get a scout to go to Obalende, Mushin, Oshodi and find street ballers..dribblers better than what we have right now...Are these the best 11 in a nation of 200 million?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:35 am We need get a scout to go to Obalende, Mushin, Oshodi and find street ballers..dribblers better than what we have right now...Are these the best 11 in a nation of 200 million?
We already have players from Muslim, Aba, Jos, Kaduna. They are all over Europe but haven’t developed to their full potential or are not ready for the big boys. Guys like Amoo, Mukairu are good footballers but they either need time or we lol for others.

The problem with any team is that you are only as strong as your weakest link. Our goalkeeper and our strikers were weak in this tournament. Don’t let anyone say otherwise. We just need to plug those holes and find younger and better Central defenders.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Enyeama would have saved that Tunisian shot, with his eyes closed and with one hand amputated.

Oh how I miss that dude.

That wouldn't even count as a maximum difficulty save for the magnet! I have seen him save shots MUCH MUCH MUCH more difficult than that. That's like a 6.5/10 difficulty shot for Enyeama.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:41 am
Benedict Iroha wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:35 am We need get a scout to go to Obalende, Mushin, Oshodi and find street ballers..dribblers better than what we have right now...Are these the best 11 in a nation of 200 million?
We already have players from Muslim, Aba, Jos, Kaduna. They are all over Europe but haven’t developed to their full potential or are not ready for the big boys. Guys like Amoo, Mukairu are good footballers but they either need time or we lol for others.

The problem with any team is that you are only as strong as your weakest link. Our goalkeeper and our strikers were weak in this tournament. Don’t let anyone say otherwise. We just need to plug those holes and find younger and better Central defenders.
Striking position is easy, thank God we have Osimhen. Ighalo should come back and Iheanacho, should go back to being a backup, he is not a 10.

I like Awoniyi, but he is not up to par, and while Umar did okay against Tunisia I don't think he is anywhere near the standard required.

As for goalkeeping, it is what it is. Theres no Mendy waiting in the wings so we will have to make do with Okoye and Uzoho.

I also think we need younger and more agile CDs. The inability to close down that Tunisian goal scorer was shocking. Awaziem? Ajayi? We have some issues.
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

We not even qualified for Qatar yet?
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:34 am
Eaglezbeak wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:56 am
Keep Sanusi.
Really? So you agree it’s about dem Northerners?

In case you didn’t know, Collins and Simon Moses are also from the North, Kaduna and Benue respectively. Should we ban them too?
I don’t care where anyone is born we have players that were not even born in Africa but two of the players mentioned for the drop happen to be Northern and to be honest they aren’t exactly cutting it likewise if a player is good and is from the North I wouldn’t care where he was born.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Okay, you got the attention. Now go and sleep.

1. Sadiq
2. Musa
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Everything on CE has to have a tribal bias. Under-performing players can’t be criticized without someone attributing the criticism to tribal origin. One Nigeria is an illusion… always has been❗️

Cheers.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Which of the 2 players listed underperformed? Which of the games did Musa play in and underperformed? How did Sadiq underperform to be one of 2 players out of 28 that should not go to the World cup? Is he not the only forward that outright scored a goal?
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:23 pm Everything on CE has to have a tribal bias. Under-performing players can’t be criticized without someone attributing the criticism to tribal origin. One Nigeria is an illusion… always has been❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by 1naija on Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

No need to fight here in the Forum. The coach(es) of the team will decide which of the players will, and will not go to WC if we qualify. As already said by someone, let's qualify first.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

I mean when even 1Naira is making sense, then you are definitely pursuing a lost cause
1naija wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:30 pm Which of the 2 players listed underperform? Which of the games did Musa play in and underperformed? How did Sadiq underperform to be one of 2 players out of 28 that should not go to the World cup? Is he not the only forward that outright scored a goal?
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:23 pm Everything on CE has to have a tribal bias. Under-performing players can’t be criticized without someone attributing the criticism to tribal origin. One Nigeria is an illusion… always has been❗️

Cheers.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncle, e don reach one month since Christmas o. We still dey wait....
nanijoe wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:03 pm I mean when even 1Naira is making sense, then you are definitely pursuing a lost cause
1naija wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:30 pm Which of the 2 players listed underperform? Which of the games did Musa play in and underperformed? How did Sadiq underperform to be one of 2 players out of 28 that should not go to the World cup? Is he not the only forward that outright scored a goal?

Cheers.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tbite wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:29 am Enyeama would have saved that Tunisian shot, with his eyes closed and with one hand amputated.

Oh how I miss that dude.

That wouldn't even count as a maximum difficulty save for the magnet! I have seen him save shots MUCH MUCH MUCH more difficult than that. That's like a 6.5/10 difficulty shot for Enyeama.
As things stand, it seems we don't have a RELIABLE keeper. Thus, what do we do? Using these poor keepers is only going to give me 'heart attack', I hope not, though. Imagine a 'whole me' changing to supporting all the UNDERDOG teams from when we lost to Tunisia.

Kai, I don sofa! I never thought we will lose to Tunisia. Like play, like play, den piooooooom! Na so I com freeze, e be me like dream :curse: :curse:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I repeat again.

1. Ahmed Musa - Football left him years ago
2. Jamilu Collins - just wastes a space, offers nothing in attack (Aina, Ebuehi, Simon can all play leftback better)

3. Shehu - wasn't in Cameroon due to injury, but offers nothing to the team, unless one of Aina or Ebuehi get injured

The above 3 clearly do not belong, the following below just have too many better options ahead of them

1. Onyekuru
2. Olayinka

I wont give up on Awoniyi yet but he is behind Sadiq for me. He didn't really solidify his position despite being the starter this tournament.

All of the other players I have not mentioned are useful, but that doesn't mean they dont have competition.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:38 am
Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:41 am

Striking position is easy, thank God we have Osimhen. Ighalo should come back and Iheanacho, should go back to being a backup, he is not a 10.

I like Awoniyi, but he is not up to par, and while Umar did okay against Tunisia I don't think he is anywhere near the standard required.

As for goalkeeping, it is what it is. Theres no Mendy waiting in the wings so we will have to make do with Okoye and Uzoho.

I also think we need younger and more agile CDs. The inability to close down that Tunisian goal scorer was shocking. Awaziem? Ajayi? We have some issues.
Ahem Chief .. we conceded 1 goal in open play from 4 games . I actually think our defence was pretty solid .

Sometimes goals aren't a particular persons fault. The lines simply dont always fall for us in the right places.