SE 11 v Ghana - let's move on

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE 11 v Ghana - let's move on

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We got whooped. Let's move onto the main event. WC starts in 10 months, we don't have time to lick wounds and cry about what we can't control.

We have 2 humongous games coming up v Ghana that'll take place within a week in March. We must start planning right away, short term plan is to win, long-term is to put a team together that can take us to to the WC semis. I believe we have the talent to get make it. At this point we have to retain Eguavoen and help him get better.

This the line up I'd like to see v Ghana. Remember, we don't have have time to try new players, we have to win with what we have now.

Okoye(give him a break)

Aina. Troost Omeruo. Zaidu

Ndidi Nwakali

Aribo

Denis. Osihmen. Simon

If we win, we can look at calling Vic MO back to the team. Simon ain't there yet but we must stick with him. Nacho no be am. Ighalo off the bench. We'll be aight!

OCCUPY NFF!!
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg
Re: SE 11 v Ghana - let's move on

Post by Silver-Shadow »

Great thread. This is the bigger prize. It is a must win. Eguavon needs help. I said to a mate of mine, he took way too many risks like a rookie and got schooled. Somewhere between him and Rohr lies the path to take. Not overly cautious and not reckless.
Last edited by Silver-Shadow on Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
No Escape
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

okoye
Ebuehi, Awaziem, Omeruo, Sanusi
Onyeka, Aribo, Ndidi
Chukwuze, Osimhen, Simon
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:35 am We got whooped. Let's move onto the main event. WC starts in 10 months, we don't have time to lick wounds and cry about what we can't control.

We have 2 humongous games coming up v Ghana that'll take place within a week in March. We must start planning right away, short term plan is to win, long-term is to put a team together that can take us to to the WC semis. I believe we have the talent to get make it. At this point we have to retain Eguavoen and help him get better.

This the line up I'd like to see v Ghana. Remember, we don't have have time to try new players, we have to win with what we have now.

Okoye(give him a break)

Ndidi Nwakali

Aribo

Denis. Osihmen. Simon

If we win, we can look at calling Vic MO back to the team. Simon ain't there yet but we must stick with him. Nacho no be am. Ighalo off the bench. We'll be aight!

if Lookman get a callup - sure he can make that lineup
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

I would add Victor Moses to the lineup. Experience and youth needed in appropriate proportion.
No Escape
tmex12
Egg
Egg

Post by tmex12 »

Let's get Eze of Crystal Palace to add some creativity in the middle. I really liked Nwakali's game - simple touches and he constantly progressed the ball. In addition, his set plays from free-kicks and corners were top-notch.

Goalkeeping remains a weak point. However, as Colin Udoh pointed our in TwitterSpaces, he was young when Coach Onigbinde gave him a chance at the spot and he took time for him to grow into the role to became a legend. Okoye is 22 and was recently signed by Watford after a stellar POY season with Sparta Rotterdam. The potential is there, and he will only get better tossed into the intense English league.

We have something to build on! Why dismantle that by bringing in another journeyman coach?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:35 am We got whooped. Let's move onto the main event. WC starts in 10 months, we don't have time to lick wounds and cry about what we can't control.

Okoye(give him a break)

Ndidi Nwakali

Aribo

Denis. Osihmen. Simon

Una no dey hear word. Denis that hasn't played with the team would suddenly fit in and adjust in what is going to be a highly tensed derby? Nwakali that does not move around much without the ball? I tire for some CE fans.

And Okoye needs to be given a break. He will need it from the amount of abuse and criticism he will get on Twitter.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Are u talking about the Ghana that lost to Comoro?
Make we hia word

Naija should play with local players
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Rawlings wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:26 pm Are u talking about the Ghana that lost to Comoro?
Make we hia word

Don't downplay this with some yeye mindgame, we no gree. It's winner takes all and all yabbis from hell will be let loose on the loser! No hiding place for either of us :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

YemiBrazil wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:55 pm
Rawlings wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:26 pm Are u talking about the Ghana that lost to Comoro?
Make we hia word

Don't downplay this with some yeye mindgame, we no gree. It's winner takes all and all yabbis from hell will be let loose on the loser! No hiding place for either of us :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Naija must Go
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Rawlings wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:02 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:55 pm
Make we hia word

*a*a must Go
:mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *