ADEMOLA LOOKMAN IS OUR BEST WINGER

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
ADEMOLA LOOKMAN IS OUR BEST WINGER

Post by vancity eagle »

I said it before and it is now more apparent.

Chukwueze - a real dissapointment, a one footed player who now just dribbles aimlessly into culdesacs

Ejuke - Head down and dribble

Simon - Lots of hustle, not much delivery. Just happened to play the best 2 games of his life and all was forgotten.

As far as end product, football IQ, vision the ability to cross, make a pass, make a right decision, Lookman is by far our best winger.

Maybe Dennis will have something to say, but our guys are overhyped. We need Lookman ASAP.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ADEMOLA LOOKMAN IS OUR BEST WINGER

Post by vancity eagle »

He is the closest thing to Victor Moses.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Even thou Simon is not there yet I'd still pick him over lookman anyway. What we need to do is what Rohr tried already. Call Vic Mo!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Lookman isn’t even listed.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:42 am Lookman isn’t even listed.
:lol:

And he isn’t our best wide midfielder. Emotions are running high, so people at making strange statements. Understandable.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Funny thing is I watched Leicester v Brighton, and the guy had just become so functional and boring. He is not the answer, does he even want to play for us.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:26 am Funny thing is I watched Leicester v Brighton, and the guy had just become so functional and boring. He is not the answer, does he even want to play for us.
But was this the problem yesterday? What exactly would Lookman have done with three defenders out wide? What exactly would Lookman have done in a team of 10 v 11? Is he a miracle worker?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:23 pm
airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:26 am Funny thing is I watched Leicester v Brighton, and the guy had just become so functional and boring. He is not the answer, does he even want to play for us.
But was this the problem yesterday? What exactly would Lookman have done with three defenders out wide? What exactly would Lookman have done in a team of 10 v 11? Is he a miracle worker?
It is a good thing when you improve your talent pool. Lookman can definitely help, and truth be told, he is more in form than Iwobi this season. Heck, he is playing more than Iheanacho who is in the same club.

However, he is nowhere good enough to transform our fortunes by himself. More importantly, he is not a part of the set-up so there's little to be gained discussing him extensively.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ahh yes.. we are always one player away from SE utopia...
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Never said he can transform our fortunes by himself.

I simply said he has many attributes most our wingers lack, and thus will be our most effective winger.