Why does Nigeria think

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Why does Nigeria think

Post by bamenda boy »

That other teams will just lie down and they walk on them? And what's the obsession with immediate results?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why does Nigeria think

Post by airwolex »

bamenda boy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:38 pm That other teams will just lie down and they walk on them? And what's the obsession with immediate results?
Very weird thread. Why do you think Nigeria thinks that?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

bamenda boy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:38 pm That other teams will just lie down and they walk on them? And what's the obsession with immediate results?
We are Naijaria and not another country.

It is the same reason why you see Naijarians outside in any endeavor have an arrogance about them. Even some of our Ghananese bredas and some Cameroonians have the same swagger.

The difference is the number that has it.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Because it works most of the time. Just ask Cameroon. That's how u chopped a 4 - 0 aszz whooping! Nonsense!

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

1naija wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:54 pm Because it works most of the time. Just ask Cameroon. That's how u chopped a 4 - 0 aszz whooping! Nonsense!

:rotf: :rotf:
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

We are still hung over from our 1994 euphoria of that perfect template of an ever-conquering, domineering, stylish and fearsome Nigerian team that MUST be respected simply because we're Nigeria... unfortunately we just ain't $#% anymore in football, we seem to be excelling in other sports especially in the diaspora like boxing, basketball, track & fields and other combat sports than soccer which is our #1 sport... the structure of our football right from the local grass-roots is utterly rubbish.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

no mind dem

This is the minnow's AFCON so they thought after collecting 9 points in the easy group they were destined for the Cup

mschew common Tunisia kai

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Abeg go and rest. Going into the tournament we were not even confident. However after the group games we were entitled to think that we could get to the latter stages as we usually do. Did France not think they would get to the latter stages of the Euros before they lost to Switzerland? Does Cameroon not expect to get to the finals?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I am glad you are back tfco. Chei, WC qualifier go sweet o ....

tfco wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:39 pm no mind dem

This is the minnow's AFCON so they thought after collecting 9 points in the easy group they were destined for the Cup

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

1naija wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:51 pm I am glad you are back tfco. Chei, WC qualifier go sweet o ....

DNQ no* good o!

Wha choo looking at?!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:43 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:51 pm I am glad you are back tfco. Chei, WC qualifier go sweet o ....

DNQ no* good o!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Qatar World Cup playoffs: S/Eagles sure of victory over Ghana

Super Eagles have expressed confidence they will go past traditional rivals Ghana in March to reach the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

Nigeria have been drawn against the Ghana Black Stars in a final playoff for a place at the World Cup, which kicks off in November.

https://www.blueprint.ng/qatar-world-cu ... ver-ghana/
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

All of a sudden they are coming out after naija's exit
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

People will never understand what it means to be a Nigerian.

We bow down to nobody. We want success!

Which is why Rohr does not fit our vibe. For us, EVERY SINGLE match is winnable. I don't care if Pele, Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Maradona, Garincha, Roberto Carlos, Oliver Kahn are on the same team! We go out there to win every single match, against every single opponent. We fear nothing!

Their father, who born dem?

hmmm I think my testosterone might be a little bit too high.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

Tbite wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:06 pm People will never understand what it means to be a Nigerian.

Which is why Rohr does not fit our vibe. For us, EVERY SINGLE match is winnable. I don't care if Pele, Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Maradona, Garincha, Roberto Carlos, Oliver Kahn are on the same team! We go out there to win every single match, against every single opponent. We fear nothing!

No team wins all the time.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:43 pm

DNQ no* good o!
TFCO Ghananese :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: kai, my belle-oooo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:59 pm All of a sudden they are coming out after naija's exit
I tell you! I haven't seen any post by TFCO in about a year. As soon as we (Nigeria) lost to Tunisia, he came here to laugh.

Surprisingly, TFCO is laughing at a team, or country which made it out of the group stage, something; his team (Ghana) didn't do
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

visieC wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:51 am
Tbite wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:06 pm People will never understand what it means to be a Nigerian.

Of course not. I am not saying we are delusional. I am saying we believe every match is winnable.

but these are two different topics.

1) Every match is winnable (Matches are won or lost based on forced or unforced errors)
2) How we react when fatal flaws are made, i.e. unforced errors.

If we lose a match based on forced errors, I don't think we have a habit of being delusional. However, take the Tunisian match, when you look at what mistakes WE made, not what the Tunisians did RIGHT, I would say that we have a lot to be unhappy about.

I don't know if this comes across as arrogant, but I legitimately think we did more things wrong, than the Tunisians did right. That was our match to lose.

In fact if we played that game 10 times, I think we might win 8 times and Tunisia might win twice.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

Tbite wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:10 am
visieC wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:51 am

Of course not. I am not saying we are delusional. I am saying we believe every match is winnable.

but these are two different topics.

Agreed totally.
I understand your point.
Nigeria will go to Qatar.

1) Every match is winnable (Matches are won or lost based on forced or unforced errors)
2) How we react when fatal flaws are made, i.e. unforced errors.

If we lose a match based on forced errors, I don't think we have a habit of being delusional. However, take the Tunisian match, when you look at what mistakes WE made, not what the Tunisians did RIGHT, I would say that we have a lot to be unhappy about.

I don't know if this comes across as arrogant, but I legitimately think we did more things wrong, than the Tunisians did right. That was our match to lose.

In fact if we played that game 10 times, I think we might win 8 times and Tunisia might win twice.