Jay Jay Okocha blames two Super Eagles players for Nigeria’s elimination

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

OJI
Egg
Egg
Jay Jay Okocha blames two Super Eagles players for Nigeria’s elimination

Post by OJI »

https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/25/afcon-2 ... mination/

Former Super Eagles captain, Austin Jay Jay Okocha, has blamed two players for the elimination of Nigeria from the ongoing 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, in Cameroon by Tunisia.

Okocha said Super Eagles goalkeeper, Maduka Okoye and right-back, Ola Aina, should be held responsible for Tunisia’s match-winning goal against Augustine Eguavoen’s men.

Recall that Tunisia had last Sunday sent the Super Eagles packing from the AFCON in the Round of 16, thanks to Youssef Msakni’s second-half goal.

But Okocha believes Okoye should have saved Msakni’s long-range shot, while Aina would have fouled the Tunisia player before he took the shot.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Jay Jay Okocha blames two Super Eagles players for Nigeria’s elimination

Post by Eaglezbeak »

But his own nephew got a red card!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:32 pm But his own nephew got a red card!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You are going off the wordings of the brown bag journalist. No where his quote did JJ blame anyone. He was explaining what led to the goal like everybody has.
Eaglezbeak wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:32 pm But his own nephew got a red card!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I dont blame Aina at all. After he lost the ball he hustled back and was right on the player.

Where was the midfield ?

Where was Okoye ?

Where was the coach ?
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:45 pm I dont blame Aina at all. After he lost the ball he hustled back and was right on the player.

Where was the midfield ?

Where was Okoye ?

Where was the coach ?
...And where were you when the coaching job opened? :taunt: :wink: :?: :?: :?:

You and your cohorts herein always like posing as if football is an exact science,
and that you guys have mastered it. Like I've stated previously, except maybe for
and 'own goal', a football loss should rest on the shoulders of all - players and coaches.
Please learn to take a loss and prepare for another contest.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Aina's failed attempt to intercept the cross field pass started the sequence. His decision to not foul was because Ndidi was already there covering. Ndidi took a bad angle and was easily side stepped. The attempt from Ekong to charge at the shot was one second too late. Many things happened man......
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

Ugbowo wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:58 pm Aina's failed attempt to intercept the cross field pass started the sequence. His decision to not foul was because Ndidi was already there covering. Ndidi took a bad angle and was easily side stepped. The attempt from Ekong to charge at the shot was one second too late. Many things happened man......
But Aina recovered. Well, Ndidi didn't foul because no one thought a shot from 30 yards out would beat Okoye.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

We dey rehash one sequence of play.
What about the 50 things we did right that did not result in a goal or the 50 things that stopped goals against us.
Before the game i told my guys, Both teams will create scoring chances. Nigeria being the better team with also better attacking game WILL CREATE more .
However my fear is that we may fail to score and those Tunisians may get lucky.
BAD Day in The Office for Super Eagles.
Hopefully this Painful Severe Learning Opportunity will add a new dimension to our game for Coaches, Players & Goalkeepers.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Our main striker let us down! For 60 minutes he did nothing. Tunisia just ignored him and concentrated on shutting down the wings. If Sadiq had started the game Tunisia would have had to account for him. This would have created opening on the wings. We saw this the 15 minutes he came on. People don't like to speak the truth.
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:45 pm I dont blame Aina at all. After he lost the ball he hustled back and was right on the player.

Where was the midfield ?

Where was Okoye ?

Where was the coach ?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

OJI wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:14 pm https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/25/afcon-2 ... mination/

Former Super Eagles captain, Austin Jay Jay Okocha, has blamed two players for the elimination of Nigeria from the ongoing 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, in Cameroon by Tunisia.
Sharap dia, surprised they have not revoked his Twitter account! Atilogwu, PSG, West Brom globe trotter you.
You are Your Own Dog
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

I seriously doubt that a player of JJ's caliber will blame individuals for a team loss!

Some people here will swallow anything.

Cmoke :taunt:

OJI wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:14 pm https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/25/afcon-2 ... mination/

Okocha said Super Eagles goalkeeper, Maduka Okoye and right-back, Ola Aina, should be held responsible for Tunisia’s match-winning goal against Augustine Eguavoen’s men.

Recall that Tunisia had last Sunday sent the Super Eagles packing from the AFCON in the Round of 16, thanks to Youssef Msakni’s second-half goal.

But Okocha believes Okoye should have saved Msakni’s long-range shot, while Aina would have fouled the Tunisia player before he took the shot.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cmoke wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:26 am I seriously doubt that a player of JJ's caliber will blame individuals for a team loss!

Some people here will swallow anything.

Cmoke :taunt:

:clap:

:clap: dis story just dey smell ooooooo.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Classic JJ aka, Junk journalism..
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

1naija wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:01 pm Our main striker let us down! For 60 minutes he did nothing. Tunisia just ignored him and concentrated on shutting down the wings. If Sadiq had started the game Tunisia would have had to account for him. This would have created opening on the wings. We saw this the 15 minutes he came on. People don't like to speak the truth.

Where was the midfield ?

Where was Okoye ?

Where was the coach ?
I have been one of the few defending Sadiq on this forum, while everyone else said he was "poor" based on 10 minutes when the entire team sat back.

The difference between him and Awoniyi was night and day.

Let's also not forget Sadiq INTENTIONALLY scored. Well you know the rest.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:15 am
1naija wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:01 pm Our main striker let us down! For 60 minutes he did nothing. Tunisia just ignored him and concentrated on shutting down the wings. If Sadiq had started the game Tunisia would have had to account for him. This would have created opening on the wings. We saw this the 15 minutes he came on. People don't like to speak the truth.

Where was the midfield ?

Where was Okoye ?

Where was the coach ?
I have been one of the few defending Sadiq on this forum, while everyone else said he was "poor" based on 10 minutes when the entire team sat back.

The difference between him and Awoniyi was night and day.

Let's also not forget Sadiq INTENTIONALLY scored. Well you know the rest.
He also couldn't get that shot on target at the end...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.