Denmark or Tunisia which one pain u pass?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Denmark or Tunisia which one pain u pass?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Both were just a formality in our deluded minds but we ended up getting a tutorial in football and humility in both cases. We just beat Spain , Denmark was supposed to be a foregone conclusion, we were playing so well that winning the world cup was in the cards. :laugh:

Fast forward to 2022, once again in disarray having gone into the competition with a new coach. Egypt was the team that was supposedly standing in our way just like Spain, beat them and we're through to the next rd. We did. Then came Sudan we dealt with them easily and won the group only to be bounced out unceremoniously by a much weaker Tunisia side who had been struggling. Funny enough, the Tunisians used a similar tactic to to the Danes. We should call it the anti -SE tactic, it works against us like a charm. :laugh:

So which one pain u pass?
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Denmark or Tunisia which one pain u pass?

Post by vancity eagle »

Denmark was worse in the sense that it was on the highest stage.

But Tunisia is just worse no matter how u slice it. Denmark were a good team, just started poorly in the first round, which added to our overconfidence.

Tunisia was missing 12 players, had no coach, and was a team we should have easily beaten if Egu had a plan B.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:17 am Denmark was worse...

But Tunisia is just worse...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So each was worse than the other. :lol: :lol: :lol:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:17 am Denmark was worse in the sense that it was on the highest stage.

But Tunisia is just worse no matter how u slice it. Denmark were a good team, just started poorly in the first round, which added to our overconfidence.

Tunisia was missing 12 players, had no coach, and was a team we should have easily beaten if Egu had a plan B.
There's now a proven way to beat us and we're yet to show we can overcome it regardless of the team we're playing. Angola also dumped us out of wc 06!in similar fashion. CAR, Cape Verde and others have had success playing us by simiply crowding us out and cutting off the wings. The thing that gets me is that it always seems impossible until it's actually done. We didn'tnseem to get until the final whistle in all cases. We then put our hands on head and yell out haaaaaaaa......stunned in all cases but it's essentially the same tactic.
OCCUPY NFF!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I am much more matured, and have been through a lot of ups and down, so for me, Denmark was worse.

Funny enough, i think the tournament failure that still bugs me the most, was the under 20 debacle in 1987. We had a fantastic team and it all fell apart.

This doesn't bug me that much. I watched both games yesterday.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Neither, I welcomed the possibilities

Denmark was a rude awakening and didnt see it coming, but after 10 minutes, there was no tension - lost bragging rights though :D :D
Tunisia , well they have always troubled us in the past so while I thought we may squeeze through, I was open to the possibility that we could be knocked out by them
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Denmark was painful as Nigeria at the time had a Olympic gold and a lot of more experienced players joined that group but this generation had flattered to deceive so far and before this tournament they definitely were expected to find it hard and of cause the absence of Oshimen personally gave me less confidence at least a few weeks before the tournament kicked off.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
NationsCup
Egg
Egg

Post by NationsCup »

Na over confidence kill us on both occasions. With the right mindset and discipline we could have beaten both Teams. In both cases a lot was expected but we cettainly had better playsrs then who will surely do better with the chance we had. I was not too convincsd with this team tbh especially in the final third. And I was hoping we'll improve as the competition progress. Then we could handle the best teams in the world. Can we say that now?
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

This one. Because we were not school or anything, just a continuation of sleep walking football that was prominent during Rohr's reign and apere goalkeeping by Okoye, its like we didnt even leave gear one. Denmark own we were actually classed out in football by the Laudrop brothers and played out of the pack and Rufai was apere on that day as well. If both games were replayed today we would beat Tunisia but Denmark would still school us again so Denmark were by far the better team. I am starting to think Rohr has a point, the clubs these guys play in matter, Simon calling himself a professional and not knowing how to cross is embarrasing or Iheanacho not knowing how to trap ball. Okoye see ball coming and not knowing what to do shows lack of experience. Too many amateurs in this team. Watching CIV play today, it shows how far behind this team is and I dont see anyone of them save for Ndidi and Sanusi if lucky going to bigger clubs. I don't see the talent some see in the team, they would always be found out by a team thats technically sound.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Denmark, definitely. I was a fan boy then. I looooveedd my boys, Amokachi most of all. He was out but I was still awestruck.

To see them get torn apart for 90 mins is my worst football memory.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

What kind of stupid question is this?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Every loss is painful but Denmark pain me pass. I was heavily involved in France 98 and ending suddenly nearly sent me into depression. In fact, that night in Paris was one of the saddest days of my life.

But I have since grown to take defeat as part of life and not be sad.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."