ALEX IWOBI & MUSA SPEAK......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
ALEX IWOBI & MUSA SPEAK......

Post by Enugu II »

I applaud the duo for speaking after such a heartbreaking loss in special circumstances. :clap: :clap: :clap:
ALEX IWOBI AND AHMED MUSA SPEAK ON SUPER EAGLES’ LOSS AT AFCON 2021
OSG WRITER January 25, 2022 0
Alex Iwobi and Ahmed Musa Speak On Super Eagles’ Loss at AFCON 2021
https://olorisupergal.com/2022/01/25/al ... fcon-2021/

Super Eagles stars, Alex Iwobi and Ahmed Musa finally broke their silence on Nigeria’s elimination from the ongoing 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, in Cameroon.

Nigeria was eliminated from the 2021 AFCON Round of 16 after losing 1-0 to Tunisia on Sunday night.

Iwobi was shown a red card during the match after receiving two yellow cards.

Reacting, Iwobi, in a post on his Instagram account on Tuesday, promised Super Eagles fans that the team would bounce back from the defeat.

He wrote: “Moments of joy can quickly turn into pain and anguish. As much as it’s a part of football, we came for more.

“Our fans who shared these moments with us both in Cameroon and across the world deserved more!

“The beauty of the game is the next moment of jubilation is never too far around the corner.

“We will be back to fight for our nation, stronger. We owe it to you, and I owe it to myself. Thank you for all the words of support & encouragement – it doesn’t go unnoticed.”

Super Eagles captain Ahmed Musa also admitted that the Super Eagles performance was not good enough.

“In life, things wouldn’t always go the way we want them to and that’s something we have to accept however hard it is,” Musa tweeted on Tuesday afternoon.

“We gave our 100% and unfortunately that wasn’t good enough to take us through.

“We won’t give up, we will do better next time. Thanks for all your support and prayers.”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ALEX IWOBI & MUSA SPEAK......

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I've been a critic of Iwobi but that red card was BS.if that's a red then there won't be many players left on the field to finish the game. He finally got his chance and African refs screwed him over. He was starting to get game, what was he supposed to? Ask the Tunisian player for the ball?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:18 am I've been a critic of Iwobi but that red card was BS.if that's a red then there won't be many players left on the field to finish the game. He finally got his chance and African refs screwed him over. He was starting to get game, what was he supposed to? Ask the Tunisian player for the ball?
Emir,

No need crying over spilt milk, people will state.....However, I opened a thread on the choice of this official for this game. I was speculating then but I had my fears given the fact that this official is from a country that most expected Nigeria to meet before the AFCON final. Then he is a guy cited previously for questionable refereeing. Lo and behold two times the ball was handled by Tunisians within their box and there was not even a VAR check?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

Don’t stop at the red card being BS...
Better yet, they should have given him automatic Green Card instead?
You are Your Own Dog
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:18 am I've been a critic of Iwobi but that red card was BS.if that's a red then there won't be many players left on the field to finish the game. He finally got his chance and African refs screwed him over. He was starting to get game, what was he supposed to? Ask the Tunisian player for the ball?
It was a clear red.
He would have broken the guys ankle.

Those days of rash tackles are gone!!!!
See the Senegal game, Cam-Comoros game.

Players do not need to get injured by rash tackles.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

visieC wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:18 am
It was a clear red.

It wasn't even a tackle. It was 50/50 ball , Iwobi got there just before the Tunisian player but he didn't aim his studs away from the player because he had to stretch to recover the ball. At worst it was a yellow. Africa's interpretation of the modern gMe has left being disappointing to say the least.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

What on earth is Musa speaking about ?

The comfort of the bench ?

Abeg nobody wants to hear him speak unless he is announcing his retirement.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:39 am What on earth is Musa speaking about ?

The comfort of the bench ?

Abeg nobody wants to hear him speak unless he is announcing his retirement.
Musa should have been in that game. He would have been much more effective than Olayinka.

The man ain’t perfect but he never was…and has come good for Nigeria before.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The NFF should appeal Iwobi's red card and get it rescinded in order to allow him feature in the WC playoffs against Ghana in March.
I am happy
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

It was a clear red.

I know you claim to be a neutral, we welcome that, but you are dead wrong on this one.
The referee had a close vantage point when the incident occurred and he made a decision (yellow card)
but only to reverse it when the Mexican official intervened. Intent to harm or recklessness of the tackle
was not that overt to necessitate a reversal of initial decision.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

By todays standard that is a red. However, these people will tKe tackling out of the game the way things are going. How else are you supposed to challenge for the ball? Slide your leg on the turf?

Deanotito,

Please let us move on from Musa, at his pomp he was never the main man in a Championship team. He most likely would not have done ish, and Olayinka created two very GOOD chances for Simon and Umar in a 10 man team. He did his best. Tbh he probably deserves a good run in the team, whether he will get it is another story.

Musa was one of the best ever, but it is time he concentrates on his last few years in club football. There are too many guys better than him at the moment and he is just taking up space.
NationsCup
Egg
Egg

Post by NationsCup »

ANC wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:35 am
It was a clear red.

I know you claim to be a neutral, we welcome that, but you are dead wrong on this one.
The referee had a close vantage point when the incident occurred and he made a decision (yellow card)
but only to reverse it when the Mexican official intervened. Intent to harm or recklessness of the tackle
was not that overt to necessitate a reversal of initial decision.

I agree with you sir. There was no need to reverse the decision since the ref was within range and a card was issued. It was an unnecessary intervention.
NationsCup
Egg
Egg

Post by NationsCup »

airwolex wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:56 am By todays standard that is a red. However, these people will tKe tackling out of the game the way things are going. How else are you supposed to challenge for the ball? Slide your leg on the turf?

Deanotito,

Please let us move on from Musa, at his pomp he was never the main man in a Championship team. He most likely would not have done ish, and Olayinka created two very GOOD chances for Simon and Umar in a 10 man team. He did his best. Tbh he probably deserves a good run in the team, whether he will get it is another story.

Musa was one of the best ever, but it is time he concentrates on his last few years in club football. There are too many guys better than him at the moment and he is just taking up space.
Thats why most thought we had suitable replacement for players not in Cameroun. We still don't get it
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

It was a clear red.

The red cards Comoros got were also undeserved. And so was the one Ghana got. These silly African refs think you have to give a red card if you are called to come review the replay..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!