I SEE YOU PEOPLE NO EVEN TAKE BREAK

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
I SEE YOU PEOPLE NO EVEN TAKE BREAK

Post by deanotito »

Maybe I take this too hard, but after a bad loss, I need to leave CE for a few days. It’s too painful.

The lot of you just immediately come here to argue about the game as soon as whistle blow :D :D

Me, I need small break. Not as bad as I needed in 94, but I still need break abeg
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I SEE YOU PEOPLE NO EVEN TAKE BREAK

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Believe it or not CE is in deep depression right now.

Some of the people who contributed to this debacle who used to open thread after thread are awol in shame. We were handled and treated like a ho ha by Tunisia. Ol boy, even me , I haven't watched AFCON since we were walked out of Cameroun by the Tunisian Gendarmes with koboko. These are truly depressing times around here because it wasn't expected. It's not the WC and we've been doing quite well, so unexpected. I think this defeat will change the perspective about SE and might even erode the fan base even if we qualify for wc. In other words, I don Taya to dey support SE. It's as though we're on a stationary bike for the past 20plus yrs . Even if we qualify for the wc, can we make it past the 1st rd? My heart says yes but my head says "wake up Nuga", I'm exhausted!

It's not fun!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

deanotito wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:55 am Maybe I take this too hard, but after a bad loss, I need to leave CE for a few days. It’s too painful.

The lot of you just immediately come here to argue about the game as soon as whistle blow :D :D

Me, I need small break. Not as bad as I needed in 94, but I still need break abeg
I am exactly the same.
It took me a couple of days to even open Eagles Nest. Couldn’t read or comment.
Until now, I’ve not commented on the game or team and this is probably my first on the matter.
And like Emir stated above, like him I’ve not been able to watch any AFCON games since.
I need time to heal.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:37 am
deanotito wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:55 am Maybe I take this too hard, but after a bad loss, I need to leave CE for a few days. It’s too painful.

I am exactly the same.
Until now, I’ve not commented on the game or team and this is probably my first on the matter.
And like Emir stated above, like him I’ve not been able to watch any AFCON games since.
I need time to heal.
It's devasting! We got punched in the gut if we're honest.
OCCUPY NFF!!
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Don’t worry, these are the experiences that build teams. If you think of the great 1994 team many of them had been through struggles..missing out on 1990 World Cup, missing 1992 afcon final and their journey to even get to play at a European club etc which was not so easy in those days. Plus football today is really a game of inches - one lapse of concentration and one decision by a ref turned the game. Otherwise it could have been a cagey 0-0, we bring on some subs and eventually win 1-0. In 2013 when we won we could have lost the Ivory Coast match. In 2019 the South Africa and Cameron games were tight and we won. The Algeria game was tight and we lost. It’s just that this loss happened in the second round so of course it hurts more. But if they use it as extra motivation to reunite with Oshimen, beat Ghana and go to the WC it’s all good. At least for a few games we saw a flash of the old eagles and if they tinker a bit more they can get there.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:37 am

I am exactly the same.
I need time to heal.
:lol: :lol:

I have been watching the matches non-stop and still enjoying myself. I am patiently waiting for tonight’s Egypt v CIV.

I felt the loss but I handled it well. I never believed we would win the competition but going out that early was painful though.

My assessment of the team was different from what a lot of fans were saying but football is a game of small margins. One small error can cost you a game you should be winning which is what happened to Nigeria v CAR. But we fans get emotional and start abusing everyone’s father.

We move on to the World Cup qualifiers which again, I am not expecting us to win. We don’t have a good coach and that includes Eguavoen.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

I’m okay with the rhetoric. However, how has the SE advanced or matured since ‘94? They have regressed. We cannot be rebuilding every year...Sorry to say, Donadoni.
You are Your Own Dog
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Dog Bruno wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:58 pm I’m okay with the rhetoric. However, how has the SE advanced or matured since ‘94? They have regressed. We cannot be rebuilding every year...Sorry to say, Donadoni.
SE haven't been building every year - the last coach was in charge for six years.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:47 pm
Dog Bruno wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:58 pm I’m okay with the rhetoric. However, how has the SE advanced or matured since ‘94? They have regressed. We cannot be rebuilding every year...Sorry to say, Donadoni.
SE haven't been building every year - the last coach was in charge for six years.
And he took us from not qualifying for 2 consecutive AFCONs to qualifying back to back and reaching the semifinals in one. He also led us to World Cup qualification in his first attempt and to the knockout stages of the current World Cup qualifiers. That is improvement from when he took over.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

Lolly wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:51 pm
And he took us from not qualifying for 2 consecutive AFCONs to qualifying back to back and reaching the semifinals in one. He also led us to World Cup qualification in his first attempt and to the knockout stages of the current World Cup qualifiers. That is improvement from when he took over.
Having a steady coach for 6-years does not necessarily translate to surpassing the SE ‘94 yardstick.
AFCON? I could give ashittt less.
Show me the measurable growth.
You are Your Own Dog
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dog Bruno wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:43 pm
Having a steady coach for 6-years does not necessarily translate to surpassing the SE ‘94 yardstick.
Not anywhere near the ‘94 set but when he took over, we were rock bottom having missed out on 2 AFCONs back to back. So winning bronze is measurable growth from not qualifying twice.

Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

Lolly wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:51 pm
Dog Bruno wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:43 pm
Not anywhere near the ‘94 set but when he took over, we were rock bottom having missed out on 2 AFCONs back to back. So winning bronze is measurable growth from not qualifying twice.
Lolly, you are making my point!
However, My comments are not centered around any 1-individual, rather the system that nurtures growth and development of the program.
I am not writing this team off yet; kinda liked what I saw against Egypt and Sudan. The SE have core players to build around for next competitions but they should cut out some of the nonchalant attitude that has permeated the DNA.
Musa should not be anywhere near the squad if we are serious about achieving results.
My 2-cents. It’s probably not worth much but there you have it!
You are Your Own Dog
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

you should learn how to not let such get to you. me i just go with the flow another AFCON is next year.. .in fact i very much doubt i will watch the playoffs vs ghana .. i think it is pathetic to have such daft format to qualify for the WC
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

My brother, I don do my customary 1 week of pain and quiet leaving. :rotf: :rotf:

I dont know how people can do it and still be very active after and SE knockout. Once SE loses, I need at least 1 week to recover from the pain :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

:D :D
danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:29 pm

My brother, I don do my customary 1 week of pain and quiet leaving. :rotf: :rotf:

I dont know how people can do it and still be very active after and SE knockout. Once SE loses, I need at least 1 week to recover from the pain :lol:
Abi o. I need my period of quiet, contemplative and sober reflection.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:29 pm

Chai :mrgreen: , well CE is my own coping mechanism. In fact, I discovered way back that I recover faster that way.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

I also need at least a day off, but ideally a few days. Not because it's too painful but because I don't want to subject myself to the pain of reading all the rubbish CE people post right after a loss....
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

It’s the other way round for me; it’s actually catharsis to come here and vent out against some obvious mistakes seen on the pitch. Not coming here means I would be ruminating all by myself or talking to non real football followers about ideal inside.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."