U20/U23 Watch - Ones for the future Home and Abroad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
U20/U23 Watch - Ones for the future Home and Abroad

Post by Sunset »

Well I've just been thinking of doing a thread like this for those who don't know about some of these guys, and for now i'll only limit it to those i've watched extensively. Feel free to add to the thread

Valentine Ozornwafor - 22
For his senior career (Enyimba, Galatasaray, Almeria) so far has struggled to get consistent playing time, but that might seem to change at Charleroi as he's seeing some regular action with Charleroi with his second consecutive start of the season after struggling with illness and injury at the start. In both games he has been in the center of a Back three and has been given a lot of responsibility in the buildup phase of their attack. One things for sure he's very comfortable on the ball averaging at least 90% pass completion, I would like to see how he fares against the better attackers in the league as the only thing he seems to be lacking is experience of playing consistently in the senior game.

[tweet][/tweet]

Igoh Ogbu - 21
He's a player I noticed around the same time as Ozornwafor who was his partner for Aigbogun's AYC team, they not only formed a strong partnership but were both also individually talented in their own right. While Ozornwafor would often play as a the sweeper he'd be the one stepping in to make the challenge of which he'd rarely lose so of course I was keen to see how he'd develop. And he has really grown in leaps and bounds in Norway from playing in the second division to making the best XI in his debut in the top division.

Ishaq Abdulrazak - 19

While Samuel Adegbenro and Akinkunmi Amoo grabbed most of the headlines wrt Nigerian exploits in Sweden, Ishaq IMO was equally as impressive for what he brought to his team, started off originally as an AM/SS he was converted to a Right wing back and has unlocked a different dimension to his game, while playing a whole lot minutes in the senior game.
[tweet][/tweet]
Last edited by Sunset on Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:37 pm, edited 10 times in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 🇳🇬U23 Prospects Watch

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

What hapoenned to Adegbenro? Dude still in Sweden? He looked giod a couple yrs ago.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:09 pm What hapoenned to Adegbenro? Dude still in Sweden? He looked giod a couple yrs ago.
He won the golden boot with 17 goals in the just ended season
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Adegbenro is the type of player SE needs on the wings. Skillful, experienced and older. The team is too young.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Thanks Sunset. Will check out the clips.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:53 am Thanks Sunset. Will check out the clips.
:thumb:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Ozornwafor with his 2nd clean sheet in 3 matches :clap: :clap: :clap: He's a really good footballer Image
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Adebayo Adeleye - 21

He's wearing the captains armband for his club for the 2nd game in a row now, which says a lot about how much they rate him in their push to avoid relegation.

Tolu Arokodare - 21

After a tough experience in the Bundesliga last season he's starting to get used to the higher level of football at Ligue 2 side Amiens. He spends more time coming off the bench (12 times) with only 5 starts but he has 5 goals to his name which isn't too bad, its a huge step up from playing in the Latvian league.

Ishaq Rafiu - 21

The only one of the three that stayed in the country after the NPFL U17 tournament and he had been pretty quiet in the league until his exploits this season where he has been the most dangerous home-based player in the final third with 8 goals and 4 assists in 12 appearances for Rivers United. He won't be in the country for very long at this rate.

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Nice! Thanks you for this.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Alhassan Yusuf - 21
https://mixture.gg/v/61f6b1fda35a0
He scored what was the match winner against Gent today which is really the confidence booster he needs after a pretty hot and cold season so far. Seeing how the Belgian league is a big step up from Sweden he has done pretty well to adapt, he has a really good football brain in terms of ball distribution/progression, its only really his defensive presence and positioning that he is lacking in so far

Aliyu Ibrahim - 20

He scored today which is his 5th league goal of the season so far, and has been showing more consistency already outdoing last seasons tally. He was part of Paul Aigbogun's AYC squad but was amongst those dropped for the the World cup so its good to see how much he has developed. He ranks amongst the best dribblers in Croatia + has assisted 4 goals so far.

Michael Ologo - 18
There's not much I know about him except for how well he has been doing in the Turkish 2nd division in his first season of professional football. I've only seen him once but from what I saw he is very good at reading a game both in possession and off it. And for a player that was only playing Academy football until this season that is quite the feat in itself.

Last edited by Sunset on Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

:thumbs: Adeleye is captain of his team. Thats my boy
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset

Could you please provide more info on this Oligo guy? Where did he play in Nigeria and what is his progress like in Europe?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Man I'm tired of wingers/fwds, we need more midfielders
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:49 pm Man I'm tired of wingers/fwds, we need more midfielders
It's not too late to become a midfielder.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

fabio wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:58 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:49 pm Man I'm tired of wingers/fwds, we need more midfielders
It's not too late to become a midfielder.
Not sure Nigeria is ready for me, my weekend soccer mates always tell me I'm the second coming of Zinedine Zidane :taunt:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:02 pm Not sure Nigeria is ready for me, my weekend soccer mates always tell me I'm the second coming of Zinedine Zidane :taunt:
You mean, Kebab shop owners :rotf: :rotf:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:38 pm Sunset

Could you please provide more info on this Oligo guy? Where did he play in Nigeria and what is his progress like in Europe?
He's a CB and has played for at least two academy teams in the country, Fresh Talents Football Academy & Imperial Soccer Academy as there was even some contorversy in his move to Turkey:
https://www.completesports.com/agent-th ... ifa-court/

I just found this sef
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:53 pm
Enugu II wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:38 pm Sunset

He's a CB and has played for at least two academy teams in the country, Fresh Talents Football Academy & Imperial Soccer Academy as there was even some contorversy in his move to Turkey:
https://www.completesports.com/agent-th ... ifa-court/

I just found this sef
:clap:
:clap:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

This one is going to be of guys that have been signed in this transfer window:

Taofeek Ishmael - 21
Probably the most interesting of the signings this season joining Terem Moffi and Innocent Bonke at Lorient, after having a very good performance in the Norwegian 2nd division with 20 goal contributions in the league. He's definitely one to watch, as more times than not when French teams do pay for a Nigerian player they do their due diligence.

Akinkunmi Amoo - 19
I don't think there's anything to say that hasn't been said yet, from the U17's only him and Tijani really caught my eye with what they did there as well as their potential for growth, its good to see how much he's developed and he's not close to his ceiling.

Yira Collins Sor - 21
He joins Peter Olayinka at Slavia Prague, which was pretty surprising at this stage of his career as he hadn't fully nailed his spot in the starting XI for his club, though it's probably his speed as well as his goal threat that caught their attention. The move seemed like a straight swap with Ubong Ekpai going to his former team.

Akor Adams - 22
Another player from Aigbogun's U20 set who I had a lot of hopes for seeing how well he did as a striker at the U19 youth level in Norway with the likes of Igoh Ogbu, but wasn't given much playing time at the World cup. And in Norway he missed two whole seasons with injuries but with his first full season of senior football he had a breakthrough season with 15 goal contributions in the 2nd division, he joins Ifeanyi Matthew and Igoh Ogbu at Lillestrom.

(This is a bit old)
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Raphael Onyedika - 20
He's someone i've monitored since he played in the UEFA Youth league for Midtjylland's U19's not too long ago, and its amazing to see how much he's since then, from his successful stint on loan to a 2nd division side. There he got a lot of playing time for a player of his experience and following the departure of Onyeka to Brentford the next season that position in midfield was open for him. While the jump in quality was huge compared to what he faced the previous season he has managed to adapt to it pretty quickly and becoming a crucial member of the starting XI. The biggest difference between him and his predecessor Onyeka is that he is naturally a midfielder for most of his career and it shows in his game as he's pretty comfortable regardless of the role he is given in the center of midfield.
[tweet][/tweet]

Charles Atshimene - 20
[tweet][/tweet]
Atshimene was a player in the NPFL that two seasons ago I tipped to be on to watch the following season with his impressive goals to minutes ratio with a poor Warri Wolves side, but I didn't think he would perform how he did ending the season with 19 goals and as the joint-top goalscorer despite missing 3 matches (Mexico friendly). He joined Feirense in Portugal and already has a goal to his name, he's now been sent on loan.

Silas Nwankwo - 18
He tied with Charles Atshimene for the Golden Boot last season in the NPFL and even though he played more matches he made up with it more with assists. He's a real all-action forward so i'm interested to see how he develops.

Oche Ochewechi - 20
[tweet][/tweet]

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Samson Tijani makes the Champions League squad for Red Bull Salzburg :clap: :clap: :clap:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

The three players on this thread with the most potential are Amoo, Yusuf, and Onyedika.