U20/U23 Watch - Ones for the future Home and Abroad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 🇳🇬U20 & U23 Prospects Watch

Post by bushboy »

I'm most excited about Tijani. I like the way the boy plays football. I would rather he be a part of the eagles camp ahead of Nwakali to be honest. Even if its just to train and learn. His upside is 10x that of Kelechi.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Yira sor Collins dude scored a brace today
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

bushboy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:44 am I'm most excited about Tijani. I like the way the boy plays football. I would rather he be a part of the eagles camp ahead of Nwakali to be honest. Even if its just to train and learn. His upside is 10x that of Kelechi.
SMH, freedom of speech❗️

Cheers.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Ozornwafors back after getting punched in the face at his last game

[tweet][/tweet]
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Europa League
Yira Sor, Peter Olayinka (Slavia Praha) and Bright Osayi Samuel (Fenerbache) on display.
bret- hart wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:41 am Yira sor Collins dude scored a brace today
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

He has 3 clean sheets in 4 appearances for their U19's so far
Nigerian teen goalie sensation Emmanuel James trains with Super Lig side
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/nig ... -lig-side/

A promising Nigerian teenage goalkeeper, Emmanuel James, has had his maiden training with the first team of Turkish Super Lig side Gaziantep.

Emmanuel James, a former Golden Eaglets pre-camp member, whose odyssey to Turkey started after featuring in a talents hunt competition in Keffi, Nasarawa State in 2020, was a sight to behold during the training session with the big boys of Gaziantep.

The 18 years old caught the eyes of the first team members and coaching crew of Gaziantep, as he kept out some balls from hitting the back of his net, to the delight of all at the training ground.

Just like he dazzled when he was discovered during a scouting mission in Nasarawa last year that earned him a trip to Turkey to seek greener pastures, it took James a little over five minutes of eye-popping cat-like displays to catch the fancy of Gaziantep first team squad at the training ground.

Since the talented youngster began training with the U-19 team of Gaziantep, no one has been in doubt that James was the next big thing to come out of Nigeria and this thinking prompted his inclusion in to train with the big boys of Gaziantep. And like kid primed for success, James came good in his debut appearance on the training turf to the delight of all.

It was gathered that the rookie goalkeeper seized the opportunity with both hands, not looking back, unwavering as he makes significant improvements in his quest to expedite his rise to glory.

An authoritative camp insider in Turkey told reporters that goalkeeper Emmanuel James, has been a surprise revelation, noting that the management and officials of Gaziantep are very impressed with his agility in goal.

It is recalled that James participated at the screening exercise of the Golden Eaglets ahead of Nigeria at the FIFA Goal project at the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Brazil but unfortunately did not make the final squad selected for the cadet tournament in the South American nation.

And rather unfortunately, the Golden Eaglets, without goalkeeper James, failed to fly into the quarter-finals of the tournament that they have won serially.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Emmanuel Ayaosi in particular seems like the real deal IMO, he has become a very important piece to that young Dakkada team and if he keeps it up would probably make it amongst the list of our most gifted exports.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Etim Junior (19) Made his professional league debut in the Portuguese League for Vizela today, coming off the bench. This is after doing very well for their youth teams. Some of y'all might recognize his pops.

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Aminu Mohammed - 16/17 y/o Midfielder is having an alright debut season in the NPFL for Gombe UTD he has 1 goal and 2 assists in 14 appearances

Ibrahim Yahaya - 18 y/o Forward also for Gombe has become a very important figure so far in the league with 3 goals and 2 assists in 14 appearances
Last edited by Sunset on Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Sunset, quick question Abeg. Do we have an attacking MF in the league that Is very good at passing , running with the ball, playing between the lines? and can shoot from distance? I ask because it baffles me that the AM position has disappeared from the talent pool. We use to produce AM at the same rate as wingers. Who is the best AM in the NPFL?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:39 pm Sunset, quick question Abeg. Do we have an attacking MF in the league that Is very good at passing , running with the ball, playing between the lines? and can shoot from distance? I ask because it baffles me that the AM position has disappeared from the talent pool. We use to produce AM at the same rate as wingers. Who is the best AM in the NPFL?
List 5 top AMs that we produced in the last 30 years.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:39 pm Sunset, quick question Abeg. Do we have an attacking MF in the league that Is very good at passing , running with the ball, playing between the lines? and can shoot from distance? I ask because it baffles me that the AM position has disappeared from the talent pool. We use to produce AM at the same rate as wingers. Who is the best AM in the NPFL?
If the said player ticks all those boxes they wouldn't be in the league as we speak in most cases, but this is something that's not only exclusive to our football as most AM's either get pushed to the wings or are asked to be more well-rounded in the center of midfield.

If I were to list my current best it would be:

Sunday Anthony - 22 y/o Plateau UTD

He's been quiet for a while but this season has been a revelation for him where he's played a crucial role in Plateau's challenge for the top spot right now as he leads the league in assists with 6 in 13 matches (3 goals).

Chijoke Akuneto - 24 y/o - Rivers United

Chijoke is another player who's played a big role in his teams current position at the top of the table, just behind Anthony on the assists chart with 4 but he has 6 goals to his name, he's been in the NPFL for a while but this is his first time with one of the Big sides and he has really shown what he can offer especially in that final third.

Sunset wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:50 pm Stephen Jude - 21 y/o AM - Kwara United
[tweet][/tweet]

He was the best AM last season if we're just looking at it numbers wise where in his debut season he managed 10 goals & 8 assists in 28 appearances, but this season he has struggled to find his rhythm so far, we'll have to see how it unfolds.

Tochukwu Udeh - 21

I don't know if I could call him an AM but he definitely has that eye for a pass in the final third, started his career at left back but has made his name in midfield, he's on 4 goals and 5 assists so far in the league

This is how his club described him :lol:

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset

Thanks for listing these guys, some well known because of time spent in the NPFL. Also your note about how scouts want them is well noted and have been an issue linked to racial profiling in footbsll. I have written on this here on CE. The fact is that this impacts our national team football in the long run.
Sunset wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:41 pm
If the said player ticks all those boxes they wouldn't be in the league as we speak in most cases, but this is something that's not only exclusive to our football as most AM's either get pushed to the wings or are asked to be more well-rounded in the center of midfield.

If I were to list my current best it would be:

Sunday Anthony - 22 y/o Plateau UTD

He's been quiet for a while but this season has been a revelation for him where he's played a crucial role in Plateau's challenge for the top spot right now as he leads the league in assists with 6 in 13 matches (3 goals).

Chijoke Akuneto - 24 y/o - Rivers United

Chijoke is another player who's played a big role in his teams current position at the top of the table, just behind Anthony on the assists chart with 4 but he has 6 goals to his name, he's been in the NPFL for a while but this is his first time with one of the Big sides and he has really shown what he can offer especially in that final third.

Sunset wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:50 pm Stephen Jude - 21 y/o AM - Kwara United
[tweet][/tweet]

He was the best AM last season if we're just looking at it numbers wise where in his debut season he managed 10 goals & 8 assists in 28 appearances, but this season he has struggled to find his rhythm so far, we'll have to see how it unfolds.

Tochukwu Udeh - 21

I don't know if I could call him an AM but he definitely has that eye for a pass in the final third, started his career at left back but has made his name in midfield, he's on 4 goals and 5 assists so far in the league

This is how his club described him :lol:

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

I hear that and it does play a role most of the time but also if they were that good in the position, or experienced I don't think they would get moved, take Ibrahim Olawoyin for example who was a winger for the majority of his NPFL career but has now established himself in Europe as an AM. I'd put him in that bracket of the outliers due to his level of technique, the experience he gained playing in the League and at the continental level also played part in his skills being transferable to a tougher level, which is not usually the case for most of our exports who moved without that much practical experience.

Enugu II wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:55 pm Sunset

Thanks for listing these guys, some well known because of time spent in the NPFL. Also your note about how scouts want them is well noted and have been an issue linked to racial profiling in footbsll. I have written on this here on CE. The fact is that this impacts our national team football in the long run.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Sunset wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:32 pm I hear that and it does play a role most of the time but also if they were that good in the position, or experienced I don't think they would get moved, take Ibrahim Olawoyin for example who was a winger for the majority of his NPFL career but has now established himself in Europe as an AM. I'd put him in that bracket of the outliers due to his level of technique, the experience he gained playing in the League and at the continental level also played part in his skills being transferable to a tougher level, which is not usually the case for most of our exports who moved without that much practical experience.

Thanks Sunset. We're in a real dilemma. Seems like we have the talent as always but they seem to be getting pushed to other positions or not drawing much interest from Europe.

Could this be a result of the game having changed to a more team oriented attack instead of the AM doing the creative work? Defensive strategies have evolved to the point that AM are easily marked out of the game, for SE the wingers can also be neutralized easily at the WC level. This is a problem our coaches have to really think about.
OCCUPY NFF!!
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Stephen Jude looks like he's got that xfactor
dude is nice on the ball
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Just a question: is this stadium perpetually under construction?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Poor body position by Tebo leads to an OG
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:50 pm
Ibrahim Buhari - 20 y/o CB Plateau UTD
[tweet][/tweet]
He has already equalled last seasons Tally of 3 goals from CB with two of them being matchwinners he's quite the aerial threat, also very intelligent in terms of his decision-making in defence.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset

I have always viewed Ibrahim as an AM while he was playing for Rangers. He clearly has the skillset and I have loved this guy from Day 1.

If that is what he is playing in Europe then he is one of the outliers. I state this because the issue of racial profiling in sports is not a joke and has been endemic. It persists in several sports today. The fact that we depend on players that ply their trade overseas means that our NT is affected by this. This IMHO is why it is and will be difficult for us to locate a very good player who is an AM. Btw this usually goes beyond the AM position to impact other spine positions.
Sunset wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:32 pm I hear that and it does play a role most of the time but also if they were that good in the position, or experienced I don't think they would get moved, take Ibrahim Olawoyin for example who was a winger for the majority of his NPFL career but has now established himself in Europe as an AM. I'd put him in that bracket of the outliers due to his level of technique, the experience he gained playing in the League and at the continental level also played part in his skills being transferable to a tougher level, which is not usually the case for most of our exports who moved without that much practical experience.

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

That's where the domestic scene comes in as it's the one place these biases won't exist where players who have a lot of experience In the said role that we're lacking from those abroad, like was seen with Sunday Mba we had a player who's not exactly an AM but was able to fit the role as that 3rd CM.
It's a bias no doubt, but I personally think the players themselves are also part to blame.
Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:08 pm Sunset

I have always viewed Ibrahim as an AM while he was playing for Rangers. He clearly has the skillset and I have loved this guy from Day 1.

If that is what he is playing in Europe then he is one of the outliers. I state this because the issue of racial profiling in sports is not a joke and has been endemic. It persists in several sports today. The fact that we depend on players that ply their trade overseas means that our NT is affected by this. This IMHO is why it is and will be difficult for us to locate a very good player who is an AM. Btw this usually goes beyond the AM position to impact other spine positions.

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
Tijani makes his Champions League debut!
Sunset wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:19 am Samson Tijani makes his first-team debut for Red Bull Salzburg :clap: :clap: :clap:
[tweet][/tweet]
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:50 am This kid Ayaosi is one to definitely keep an eye on!! This is his first season in the NPFL and look at the type of goal he's scored against on of the leagues toughest defence :shock: That makes it 2 goals and an assist in 7 appearances so far
[tweet][/tweet]

Ayaosi with an assist against Enyimba in their most recent match

Emmanuel Jonas also scored this goal to win their home fixture against Niger Tornadoes which puts him on 3 goals in 8 appearances so far itl.