U20/U23 Watch - Ones for the future Home and Abroad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 🇳🇬U20 & U23 Prospects Watch

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:43 am Bello Babatunde Martins - 20 y/o CM/DM

And if we're talking freekicks Bello Babatunde might have a case as one of the biggest threats from a dead-ball situation, He was a bit-part player for Sunshine Stars last season but has benefited a lot from the mass exodus of players in the off season, and after a bumpy start to the season they have been one of the surprise packages in the league which he played an important part in.

he scored this ridiculous freekick @1:00

Another one @1:45

And he scores his 3rd freekick (@0:50) of the season :ohmy:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Olakunle Olusegun - 20 y/o FW

He gets his first goal contribution (assist) in the RPL so far after being promoted from Krasnodars reserve team
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:55 am
Sunset wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:43 am Bello Babatunde Martins - 20 y/o CM/DM

And if we're talking freekicks Bello Babatunde might have a case as one of the biggest threats from a dead-ball situation, He was a bit-part player for Sunshine Stars last season but has benefited a lot from the mass exodus of players in the off season, and after a bumpy start to the season they have been one of the surprise packages in the league which he played an important part in.

he scored this ridiculous freekick @1:00

Another one @1:45

0:35
And he scores his 3rd freekick (@0:50) of the season :ohmy:
1:50

4:30

1:25

1:45

That makes it 7 goals he has scored so far in the league, only one of them was from inside the box, that's quite the feat for a DM, he has been the most consistent player in that position so far in the league
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Alao Danbani (18 y/o CF) - 7 goals & 3 assists in 21 Games for Kwara UTD

This has been his most productive season for Kwara after being given a regular spot in their first team often in partnership with Junior Lokosa.

Sodiq Awujoola (21 y/o Winger) - 4 goals & 1 assist in 17 apps for Smouha (joined from 3SC)
[tweet][/tweet]

Victory Beniangba (18 y/o CF) - 4 goals in 14 apps for El Gaish & Bayelsa UTD
[tweet][/tweet]

Only just last season these two were playing in the NNL but have now been playing pretty well in the Egyptian PL which is arguably the toughest league in the continent.
Beniangba in particular caught my eye in Bayelsa's continental run early on in the season where he scored a ridiculous solo goal against CS Sfaxien, where showed some crazy close control, and from the little i've seen of him that is one of his strongest attributes.
iworo
Egg
Egg
Re: 🇳🇬U23 Prospects Watch

Post by iworo »

Sunset wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:10 pm Alhassan Yusuf - 21
https://mixture.gg/v/61f6b1fda35a0
He scored what was the match winner against Gent today which is really the confidence booster he needs after a pretty hot and cold season so far. Seeing how the Belgian league is a big step up from Sweden he has done pretty well to adapt, he has a really good football brain in terms of ball distribution/progression, its only really his defensive presence and positioning that he is lacking in so far

Aliyu Ibrahim - 20

He scored today which is his 5th league goal of the season so far, and has been showing more consistency already outdoing last seasons tally. He was part of Paul Aigbogun's AYC squad but was amongst those dropped for the the World cup so its good to see how much he has developed. He ranks amongst the best dribblers in Croatia + has assisted 4 goals so far.

Michael Ologo - 18
There's not much I know about him except for how well he has been doing in the Turkish 2nd division in his first season of professional football. I've only seen him once but from what I saw he is very good at reading a game both in possession and off it. And for a player that was only playing Academy football until this season that is quite the feat in itself.

I'm so impressed with this Alhassan Yusuf dude. He's so intelligent! :clap: :clap: How come he hasn't been capped by Nigeria?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Augustine dedicates first Professional Goal To Coach Imama
https://abiawarriorsfc.com.ng/augustine ... n7M_2FQvag
Uncategorized 1 day ago

Nigeria U20 defender, Njoku Augustine, has dedicated his first ever professional goal to Abia Warriors Coach, Imama Amapakabo, for his major role in his football career.

Umuahia based outfit, Abia Warriors, were faced with a litmus test on Matchday (31) as they trade tackles with Nasarrawa United at the New Jos Stadium.

Lafia based outfit, Nasarrawa United, welcomed it’s Eastern based opponent’s hoping to make up for the lost points on Matchday (30) against Enyimba Int’l in Aba.

The keenly contested fixture had the host taking an lead off a set piece, a lead which they guided into the half time break.

The Coach Bala Nikyu tutored side on return for the second half doubled it’s lead before Abia Warriors youngster, Njoku Augustine pullled on back for the visitors to bring the scoreline to (2-1) at half time.

The Rock solid defender in a post match reaction dedicated his first ever professional goal to his Coach, Imama Amapakabo for his role in his football career.

“It Was not the desired result we wishes for and is a mixed feeling scoring my first professional goal admist the defeat”

“I dedicate the goal to Coach Imama Amapakabo, he has really been a great inspiration to me”

“He gave me my first appearance in the league and am grateful for having faith in my ability”

Njoku Augustine who was amongst the triumphant U20 team who Won the WAFU B Championship has been ever present for the Abia Warriors team with (6) assists to his name in the current campaign
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:50 pmChristoper Nwaeze - 20 y/o CB - Kwara United
[tweet][/tweet]

He also played a big part in GK Aiyenugba's 16 clean sheets record last season.

He has joined last seasons Champion Akwa United and has helped them steady the ship since their loss of Olisa Ndah

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:03 pm Ishaq Abdulrazak - 19

While Samuel Adegbenro and Akinkunmi Amoo grabbed most of the headlines wrt Nigerian exploits in Sweden, Ishaq IMO was equally as impressive for what he brought to his team, started off originally as an AM/SS he was converted to a Right wing back and has unlocked a different dimension to his game, while playing a whole lot minutes in the senior game.
[tweet][/tweet]
Anderlecht agree 4.5 Million Euros transfer of ‘Golden Boy’ Ishaq Abdulrazak
https://scorenigeria.com.ng/anderlecht- ... k/#Nigeria
Top Belgian club Anderlecht have agreed to pay 4.5 Million Euros for the transfer of Ishaq Abdulrazak from Swedish club IFK Norrkoping, according to various reports.

Sport Expressen has reported the deal, adding that only some tiny details like the player agreeing personal terms remain for the transfer to be completed.

It was reported that Anderlecht have been tracking ‘Golden Boy’ since February and even made an initial bid which was rejected because it did not meet the valuation of the Swedish club.

He has only a year left on his contract.

Abdulrazak, 20, has been capped by the Golden Eaglets.

He has made 10 appearances this season and provided an assist for Norrkoping.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Racial profiling?

Wow!!

Enugu II wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:55 pm Sunset

Thanks for listing these guys, some well known because of time spent in the NPFL. Also your note about how scouts want them is well noted and have been an issue linked to racial profiling in footbsll. I have written on this here on CE. The fact is that this impacts our national team football in the long run.
Sunset wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:41 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:39 pm Sunset, quick question Abeg. Do we have an attacking MF in the league that Is very good at passing , running with the ball, playing between the lines? and can shoot from distance? I ask because it baffles me that the AM position has disappeared from the talent pool. We use to produce AM at the same rate as wingers. Who is the best AM in the NPFL?
If the said player ticks all those boxes they wouldn't be in the league as we speak in most cases, but this is something that's not only exclusive to our football as most AM's either get pushed to the wings or are asked to be more well-rounded in the center of midfield.

If I were to list my current best it would be:

Sunday Anthony - 22 y/o Plateau UTD

He's been quiet for a while but this season has been a revelation for him where he's played a crucial role in Plateau's challenge for the top spot right now as he leads the league in assists with 6 in 13 matches (3 goals).

Chijoke Akuneto - 24 y/o - Rivers United

Chijoke is another player who's played a big role in his teams current position at the top of the table, just behind Anthony on the assists chart with 4 but he has 6 goals to his name, he's been in the NPFL for a while but this is his first time with one of the Big sides and he has really shown what he can offer especially in that final third.

Sunset wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:50 pm Stephen Jude - 21 y/o AM - Kwara United
[tweet][/tweet]

He was the best AM last season if we're just looking at it numbers wise where in his debut season he managed 10 goals & 8 assists in 28 appearances, but this season he has struggled to find his rhythm so far, we'll have to see how it unfolds.

Tochukwu Udeh - 21

I don't know if I could call him an AM but he definitely has that eye for a pass in the final third, started his career at left back but has made his name in midfield, he's on 4 goals and 5 assists so far in the league

This is how his club described him :lol:

Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj

Here is some education on this issue. It is not rocket science but something that is widely known. Please read:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/1 ... 2221081125

txj wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:35 pm Racial profiling?

Wow!!

Thanks for listing these guys, some well known because of time spent in the NPFL. Also your note about how scouts want them is well noted and have been an issue linked to racial profiling in footbsll. I have written on this here on CE. The fact is that this impacts our national team football in the long run.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:39 pm Sunset, quick question Abeg. Do we have an attacking MF in the league that Is very good at passing , running with the ball, playing between the lines? and can shoot from distance? I ask because it baffles me that the AM position has disappeared from the talent pool. We use to produce AM at the same rate as wingers. Who is the best AM in the NPFL?
If the said player ticks all those boxes they wouldn't be in the league as we speak in most cases, but this is something that's not only exclusive to our football as most AM's either get pushed to the wings or are asked to be more well-rounded in the center of midfield.

He's been quiet for a while but this season has been a revelation for him where he's played a crucial role in Plateau's challenge for the top spot right now as he leads the league in assists with 6 in 13 matches (3 goals).

Chijoke is another player who's played a big role in his teams current position at the top of the table, just behind Anthony on the assists chart with 4 but he has 6 goals to his name, he's been in the NPFL for a while but this is his first time with one of the Big sides and he has really shown what he can offer especially in that final third.

[tweet][/tweet]

He was the best AM last season if we're just looking at it numbers wise where in his debut season he managed 10 goals & 8 assists in 28 appearances, but this season he has struggled to find his rhythm so far, we'll have to see how it unfolds.

Tochukwu Udeh - 21

I don't know if I could call him an AM but he definitely has that eye for a pass in the final third, started his career at left back but has made his name in midfield, he's on 4 goals and 5 assists so far in the league

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Perhaps I should send you a link to a study linking the length of a lady's mini skirt to air traffic accidents...

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:03 pm txj

Here is some education on this issue. It is not rocket science but something that is widely known. Please read:

Wow!!

[tweet][/tweet]

Tochukwu Udeh - 21

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj,

LOL. :rotf: :rotf: Not interested.

I am interested in studies about racism involved in determining where players play. There are legion of these issues. It is a THINGH.
txj wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:14 pm Perhaps I should send you a link to a study linking the length of a lady's mini skirt to air traffic accidents...

Wow!!

[tweet][/tweet]

Tochukwu Udeh - 21

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The point is that you can link anything t anything statistically!

Several of those studies are dated to the point of irrelevance.

Race was a significant factor in quarterback position in American football. Today its almost irrelevant.

In association football, today players are used in so many different positions and roles, its not an area that once can credibly impute a racial component without becoming an intellectual pretzel!

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:35 pm txj,

I am interested in studies about racism involved in determining where players play. There are legion of these issues. It is a THINGH.
txj wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:14 pm Perhaps I should send you a link to a study linking the length of a lady's mini skirt to air traffic accidents...

Wow!!

[tweet][/tweet]

Tochukwu Udeh - 21

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

:rotf: :rotf:

You really read the story indeed! Bros, this is a 2022 piece and we are still in 2022. Racism is alive and well including in many aspects of life and sports. Football does not escape that. It remains a major issue of discourse and you should be aware of this -- soccer, nfl football, basketball, you name it. Kindly read the article please it is dated 2022 and that means in the present year.
txj wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:22 pm The point is that you can link anything t anything statistically!

Race was a significant factor in quarterback position in American football. Today its almost irrelevant.

In association football, today players are used in so many different positions and roles, its not an area that once can credibly impute a racial component without becoming an intellectual pretzel!

Wow!!

Tochukwu Udeh - 21

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Looks like Samuel Nnoshiri has been converted to a RW for Oviedo's B team
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I did and many of the studies cited are dated as even the main citation acknowledged.

Racism remains in virtually all aspects of life, sports included. The question is in what forms and does it support your claim here.

The issue is not whether there's racism in sports and football.

Focus on the subject and stop creating false narratives and arguments.

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:08 pm :rotf: :rotf:

You really read the story indeed! Bros, this is a 2022 piece and we are still in 2022. Racism is alive and well including in many aspects of life and sports. Football does not escape that. It remains a major issue of discourse and you should be aware of this -- soccer, nfl football, basketball, you name it. Kindly read the article please it is dated 2022 and that means in the present year.
txj wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:22 pm The point is that you can link anything t anything statistically!

Wow!!

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Obviously, you have not read the article. You do not realize its direct relevance here? Unfortunately, i am unable to assist if you simply fail to read the piece. No need arguing blindly when you fail to read. It is rsally a waste of time to argue with you if you fail tio understand the issues under discussion and the fact that they persist. You could learn by simply taking a few minutes to read. It really does not take much of your time to do so. You can learn from it. These guys have done research that you have failed to do and yet you refuse to learn from it. How will your thinking change if you stick on an issue without a willingness to reexamine those issues with data being presented by those who study such issues?

You claim you read the article. What are atleast 3 key points raised in that article? What is your response to each one of them? What do you understand by racial stacking?

It is incredible that in the 21st century we can only see racism being over simply because there are black footballers. Racism is no longer overt. That was ages ago. Racism has moved deep into Institutional aspects and you have to dig deep to u derstand ut. That is precisely what stacking is about and this piece donstrates it in football but have you read it and what does it mean in football?
txj wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:11 am I did and many of the studies cited are dated as even the main citation acknowledged.

Racism remains in virtually all aspects of life, sports included. The question is in what forms and does it support your claim here.

Wow!!

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Why do you persist i arguing against yourself?

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:35 am Obviously, you have not read the article. You do not realize its direct relevance here? Unfortunately, i am unable to assist if you simply fail to read the piece. No need arguing blindly when you fail to read. It is rsally a waste of time to argue with you if you fail tio understand the issues under discussion and the fact that they persist. You could learn by simply taking a few minutes to read. It really does not take much of your time to do so. You can learn from it. These guys have done research that you have failed to do and yet you refuse to learn from it. How will your thinking change if you stick on an issue without a willingness to reexamine those issues with data being presented by those who study such issues?

You claim you read the article. What are atleast 3 key points raised in that article? What is your response to each one of them? What do you understand by racial stacking?

It is incredible that in the 21st century we can only see racism being over simply because there are black footballers. Racism is no longer overt. That was ages ago. Racism has moved deep into Institutional aspects and you have to dig deep to u derstand ut. That is precisely what stacking is about and this piece donstrates it in football but have you read it and what does it mean in football?
txj wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:11 am I did and many of the studies cited are dated as even the main citation acknowledged.

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:00 am
Sunset wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:03 pm Ishaq Abdulrazak - 19

While Samuel Adegbenro and Akinkunmi Amoo grabbed most of the headlines wrt Nigerian exploits in Sweden, Ishaq IMO was equally as impressive for what he brought to his team, started off originally as an AM/SS he was converted to a Right wing back and has unlocked a different dimension to his game, while playing a whole lot minutes in the senior game.
[tweet][/tweet]
Anderlecht agree 4.5 Million Euros transfer of ‘Golden Boy’ Ishaq Abdulrazak
https://scorenigeria.com.ng/anderlecht- ... k/#Nigeria
Top Belgian club Anderlecht have agreed to pay 4.5 Million Euros for the transfer of Ishaq Abdulrazak from Swedish club IFK Norrkoping, according to various reports.

Sport Expressen has reported the deal, adding that only some tiny details like the player agreeing personal terms remain for the transfer to be completed.

It was reported that Anderlecht have been tracking ‘Golden Boy’ since February and even made an initial bid which was rejected because it did not meet the valuation of the Swedish club.

He has only a year left on his contract.

Abdulrazak, 20, has been capped by the Golden Eaglets.

He has made 10 appearances this season and provided an assist for Norrkoping.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

[tweet][/tweet]
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 🇳🇬U20 & U23 Prospects Watch - Ishaq joins Anderlecht

Post by Sunset »

A hat trick and assist for Ogunniyi Abiodun - 20 y/o AM/Winger
[tweet][/tweet]
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Ibraheem Jabaar (2019 U17 team) makes the Diski PSL TOTY alongside Ndah

[tweet][/tweet]
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Nigerian Young Player, Victor Eletu Sets To Sign Professional Contract With AC Milan
https://www.sports247.ng/nigerian-young ... -ac-milan/
By Sunday Akintoye - July 27, 2022

A Nigerian-born young player, Victor Ehuwa Eletu is on the verge of signing for reigning Italian Sere A champions AC Milan Football Club.

This was disclosed by Eletu’s agent, Celestine Allele while chatting with sports247.ng in Lagos. He explained that Eletu who is 17 years old started his football career with Prince Kazeem Eletu Football Academy in Lagos before he was given the scholarship to pursue his dream of playing professional football at AC Milan soccer school in 2018.

“Victor Ehuwa Eletu is on the verge of signing his first professional contract with AC Milan and our negotiations are going on smoothly and 95% done. That’s why Milan showed its trust, and confidence in the player by drafting him to be training with the first team squad towards the end of the just concluded season and followed it up again by listing him amongst the players going for the new season Pre-season Camp,” he said.

Allele who is the chief scout and the pioneer team manager of the Osapa-London, Lekki-based Prince Kazeem Eletu Academy disclosed that apart from the offer of AC Milan, there are keen interest and offers from other top league clubs such as Villareal, Sevilla, Barcelona, Inter, Benfica, Frankfurt, and host of others that want to sign the Eletu boy. Recently a club in the English premier league is also showing interest in the player.

“Presently we are focusing more on AC Milan’s offer now because there are more clubs in Europe that want Eletu’s signature. Like I said before, our negotiation is at an advanced stage with Milan and I want to assure you that in days to come, Eletu would be unveiled to AC Milan media and fans,” he said.

Meanwhile, Victor Eletu made his first debut as the new Captain of the AC Milan U19 Team against Inter Milan in a U-19 pre-season friendly on Tuesday.

Allele said Eletu player would sign for the main team of AC Milan and also be featuring in U-19 league matches.
“He’s to sign his first professional contract with AC Milan’s main team and to continue his development with the youth team and to enjoy few minutes appearances in the main team’s Cup games,” he explained.

Allele noted that he is not surprised that AC Milan are pushing to sign a professional contract with his player, citing that since the arrival of Victor Eletu to AC Milan soccer school, he had been doing well and his scintillating performances in the youth team league and UEFA Youth League in the last season informed many clubs in Europe to show interest in the young Nigerian player.