Akinkunmi Amoo joins FC Copenhagen on four-and-a-half year deal for initial fee of

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Akinkunmi Amoo joins FC Copenhagen on four-and-a-half year deal for initial fee of

Post by iworo »

Akinkunmi Amoo joins FC Copenhagen on four-and-a-half year deal for initial fee of 4.5 million

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Danish Superliga powerhouse FC Copenhagen will announce the signing of Akinkunmi Amoo on transfer deadline day.

The Nigeria underage international signed a contract with FC Copenhagen on Sunday following a successful medical, thus ending a nineteen-month association with Swedish Allsvenskan club Hammarby.

Amoo's transfer to FC Copenhagen would cost an initial fee of 4.5 million euros (approximately N2.1 billion in Nigerian currency), plus 500,000 euros more in performance-related bonuses included in the contract.

The Sidos Academy product departs Hammarby after notching 13 goals and providing six assists in 48 appearances in all competitions.

Sidos FC will benefit from the transfer of Amoo to FC Copenhagen having inserted a sell-on clause into the deal taking him to the Superliga side in June 2020.

Amoo was a key member of the Golden Eaglets squad to the 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup, providing three assists in four matches during the tournament in Brazil, and also represented the country in the U17 AFCON.

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=42406
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Akinkunmi Amoo joins FC Copenhagen on four-and-a-half year deal for initial fee of

Post by Damunk »

Well deserved.
Let’s hope his star continues to rise.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Akinkunmi Amoo joins FC Copenhagen on four-and-a-half year deal for initial fee of

Post by Lolly »

Paul Mukairu joined the same club a few days ago. Well done boys. One step at a time.

https://www.fck.dk/en/news/fc-copenhage ... ul-mukairu
F.C. COPENHAGEN SIGN PAUL MUKAIRU

27/01 2022 19:10

F.C. Copenhagen have signed Nigerian playmaker Paul Mukairu on a contract until the end of 2025.

Mukairu, 22, joins FCK from Turkish side Antalyaspor. He had been loaned out to Belgian side Anderlecht for the 2020/21 season, before heading back to Turkey last summer.

"Paul fulfils the need we have had for a winger, because his speed and one-on-one abilities give us more options and new opportunities in attack," says sports director Peter Christiansen.

"Paul has already spent part of his career in Turkey, while his stint at Anderlecht was in a league that can be compared to some extent to ours.

"In a good and professional environment in Belgium, he took some big steps in his development and proved that he can play under the pressure that comes at such a big club, and where the pressure of expectations is similar to that at F.C. Copenhagen.

"We are very much looking forward to getting Paul on board and seeing him contribute here in Copenhagen. Now we have a number of interesting players and options for the wings, and it's now up to Jess Thorup and the staff to decide on selection."

Mukairu played 53 games for Antalyaspor, scoring eight goals. He was selected for 29 matches during his time at Anderlecht, and scored four goals and provided four assists in Belgium.

The Nigerian is deployed primarily as a winger, where he has played both on the right and left flanks, and he has also appeared as a central striker.

"I am very proud and humbled that F.C. Copenhagen have given me this opportunity, which I will do everything to seize," says Mukairu.

"This is a big club with big ambitions that I want to work hard to fulfil with the team. I've seen a lot of videos from recent matches, and I'm especially looking forward to experiencing Parken and the atmosphere there.

"At first, a lot of hard work awaits me to integrate into the team and get to know a new style and my teammates, but I'm really excited and can't wait to get out and start training."

FCK head coach Thorup also had his say on the signing of Mukairu.

"He is an exciting and athletic player who can do the unexpected and create opportunities on his own with a fantastic burst of speed and the courage to compete," says Thorup.

"At the same time, he has a good physical aspect to his game and he gives us some other options. We'll be more dangerous behind opposition defences and we've now got one more player who can create chances.

"We look forward to getting started working with him."

Mukairu will wear shirt number 17 and joins FCK immediately.

Paul Omo Mukairu
Born: 18 January 2000
Position: Winger
Previous clubs: Antalyaspor, RSC Anderlecht
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Should he have waited a little bit for a Top 5 league club to come calling?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:13 am Should he have waited a little bit for a Top 5 league club to come calling?
What is Top 5 league club? And waited for what exactly?

Copenhagen FC stadium is not far from me. Now, I have a good excuse to go to the stadium :D
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:27 am
Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:13 am Should he have waited a little bit for a Top 5 league club to come calling?
What is Top 5 league club? And waited for what exactly?

Copenhagen FC stadium is not far from me. Now, I have a good excuse to go to the stadium :D
Top 5 league
EPL
Bundesliga
Serie A
La Liga
Ligue 1

Now, answer my question.

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:38 am Top 5 league
EPL
Bundesliga
Serie A
La Liga
Ligue 1

Now, answer my question.
Everyone route to the top is not straight forward. He doesn't need to be in the Top 5 to have a fulfilling and rewarding career with the SE.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:47 am
Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:38 am Top 5 league
EPL
Bundesliga
Serie A
La Liga
Ligue 1

Now, answer my question.
Everyone route to the top is not straight forward. He doesn't need to be in the Top 5 to have a fulfilling and rewarding career with the SE.
Well, I expect most players to have ambitions to play at the highest level. But I agree, not all players.

But I see a special talent in this boy and I was hoping he would make the jump to a top 5 now and have the opportunity to test himself against stronger opponents week on week out. The Danish league is not much different from the Swedish league, but let’s see how it develops.

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

It’s a move in the right direction, that’s the important thing. If he can continue to dominate in the Danish league like he has, it’ll get him into a top 5 league soon.

My personal opinion is if you can get a move early, take it and go learn. If you are 19 at a top side in a top league, while you won’t get much league action, you’ll be playing day in day out with top players. That rubs off on you. Even if you don’t break into the starting line up in the first couple of seasons, you’re still young enough to move for playing time.

But I still think is a good move that should get him champions league experience.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...those of you who want him to "jump to top league" should go be his agent and shop him around.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

In time he'll stop sharing those sorts of videos from his own Twitter account. It looks one kind.

As for the move, it's a marginal step upwards. Worth inviting him for the final WCQ in my view.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

waka-man wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:11 pm But I still think is a good move that should get him champions league experience.
They were knocked out of the UEFA Conference League.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

This how a hot prospect does it; they actually move clubs. Unlike Umar Sadiq who is stuck in the Spanish second division and is only linked to top clubs by rumours originating from Cybereagles and 9ja news papers.

The truth is Nobody is really interested in him ….but to justify his selection lies were told to give the impression he is better than he really is but has been found out.

Well done and congratulations to Akinwummi Amoo
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Flex Swift wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:57 pm This how a hot prospect does it; they actually move clubs. Unlike Umar Sadiq who is stuck in the Spanish second division and is only linked to top clubs by rumours originating from Cybereagles and 9ja news papers.

The truth is Nobody is really interested in him ….but to justify his selection lies were told to give the impression he is better than he really is but has been found out.

Sharap Dia with the hate. Sadiq had a good Afcon. He was "found out" to as good as advertised. Sweden to Denmark no be am. :boo: last stop on that journey is Norway.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:57 pm This how a hot prospect does it; they actually move clubs. Unlike Umar Sadiq who is stuck in the Spanish second division and is only linked to top clubs by rumours originating from Cybereagles and 9ja news papers.

Didn’t he just move there last window?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:43 pm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:29 pm
waka-man wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:11 pm But I still think is a good move that should get him champions league experience.
I mean next season
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:43 pm

No he was with Almeria the whole of last season and failed to gain promotion.

He is currently in his second season and as of last weekend Almeria are in third place.

We were led to believe after his superlative performances in Segunda LaLiga2 that top clubs were about to sign him ….someone even claimed Barcelona was about to sign him (lol) on what planet would he ever be a Barcelona target???? When you look at the quality of strikers they have signed over the years (Ronaldo, Eto, Ronaldinho, Messi, Klivert, Amunike etc etc etc it is now that they would sign a Umar Sadiq.

If Nigeria likes let them select Umar Sadiq to lead the attack against Ghana in March.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

waka-man wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:21 pm
I mean next season
It's not true at all.
Copenhagen finsished 1st in their group which means they are qualified for the round of last 16 already.

I think it's a good move. A good next step for a talent like him.
Copenhagen is a quite ambitious side who are competitive in Europe and are one of the best teams in Denmark.
Their players are in the limelight there and not a few have made the next step from there and moved to a top 5 league when they have proven to shine in Denmark.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bros, nobe how it works.

Let him go to a club where he will keep getting playing time and raise his profile

Waiting for a bigger club will make him end up wasting the prime of his career for a small window.

In the meantime, he should work on getting his Danish citizenship to help him with his work permit so he can have options.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Cellular wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:25 pm
Bros, nobe how it works.

Let him go to a club where he will keep getting playing time and raise his profile

Waiting for a bigger club will make him end up wasting the prime of his career for a small window.

In the meantime, he should work on getting his Danish citizenship to help him with his work permit so he can have options.
Danish residency, maybe? Danish citizenship no be moi-moi. Easier in Sweden, than Denmark!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

fabio wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:31 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:25 pm
Bros, nobe how it works.

Danish residency, maybe? Danish citizenship no be moi-moi. Easier in Sweden, than Denmark!
Whichever one e fit get make e get am... will make transfers easier in the future for him.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

DAgrin wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:17 pm
waka-man wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:21 pm
I mean next season
It's not true at all.
Copenhagen finsished 1st in their group which means they are qualified for the round of last 16 already.

I think it's a good move. A good next step for a talent like him.
Copenhagen is a quite ambitious side who are competitive in Europe and are one of the best teams in Denmark.
Their players are in the limelight there and not a few have made the next step from there and moved to a top 5 league when they have proven to shine in Denmark.
Qualified for the last 16 of which competition??
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024