18 Year old NPFL hotshot moves to Europe.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 18 Year old NPFL hotshot moves to Europe.

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:26 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:38 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:04 am
txj wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:46 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:08 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:58 pm The club is obviously complicit and be fined heavily for this.
In my view, a hefty fine is in order asvwell as other appropriate criminal prosecution. They ought to locate those who assisted in falsifying official documents and prosecute them. This isn't a crime that should be glossed over.

EII,

But where is the evidence?
Except that there is actually evidence in this case. That is why nobody has asked for evidence. This is different from throwing fraud or corruption allegations without evidence. This shouldn't be too difficult to understand.
Aruako 1,

I am not sure txj really understands the difference.
I think you will find that Txj is being sarcastic.
But like Aruako said, it looks like there is readily available evidence in this case.
Like the Fortune Chukwudi matter. :idea:
A very important difference compared to unverifiable accusations!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

This fella is over 30 years old

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kali wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:30 am This fella is over 30 years old

Come on man, it’s the struggle back home that makes them look old, but he’s actually 15 and added to his age so he can qualify for a transfer…my cousins, brothers nephew knows him personally :winking: :dream:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Late 20s at the very minimum. Probably knocked 10 years off his age.

He must be ignorant to think people cannot see he is much older than his stated age. A lot of ignorance is peddled in Nigeria. I bet you there are rouge agents going around telling these players that white people are so "ignorant" that they cannot tell the difference between an 18 yr old and a 30 yr old black person.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Orion wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:09 am Late 20s at the very minimum. Probably knocked 10 years off his age.

He must be ignorant to think people cannot see he is much older than his stated age. A lot of ignorance is peddled in Nigeria. I bet you there are rouge agents going around telling these players that white people are so "ignorant" that they cannot tell the difference between an 18 yr old and a 30 yr old black person.
Orion

Looking at someone to determine age is just unreliable really. His ignorance is not related to that, in my view.

Instead, it stems from the fact that he did not anticipate that his age can be reliably estimated based on his prior activities, which can be learned from various sources e.g. acquaintances, web records, etc.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:49 pm
Orion wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:09 am Late 20s at the very minimum. Probably knocked 10 years off his age.

Orion

Looking at someone to determine age is just unreliable really. His ignorance is not related to that, in my view.

Instead, it stems from the fact that he did not anticipate that his age can be reliably estimated based on his prior activities, which can be learned from various sources e.g. acquaintances, web records, etc.
The man is very stupid, sorry to say.
Regardless of his desperation to feed his family, we cannot condone this.
It is part of the ‘anyhowness’ which is now firmly entrenched in Nigerian culture.

Too many people will see little or nothing wrong with it because we too have all been brought up in a creeping acceptance of anyhowness over generations.
And it is for that exact reason that this will continue.
Zero tolerance is far too ‘extreme’ to the average Nigerian, even those that fundamentally are against corruption.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Orion

And you don’t think it was his “old” looks that triggered further investigation by the Swedish bloggers?

That guy looks like he is over 30. That is the red flag.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:59 pm

Orion

And you don’t think it was his “old” looks that triggered further investigation by the Swedish bloggers?

That guy looks like he is over 30. That is the red flag.
Yea, it certainly can lead to suspicion and investigation. There is nothing wrong with that. However that should never be used as proof. The proof, instead, is the records which clearly indicate that he is unlikely to be the age he claims.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:32 am

Come on man, it’s the struggle back home that makes them look old, but he’s actually 15 and added to his age so he can qualify for a transfer…my cousins, brothers nephew knows him personally :winking: :dream:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I can’t even laugh sef. It’s too sad.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:24 am 18 yrs old.. Ok oooo :rotf: :tic:
Exactly how I feel as well; that is, if you are NOT referring to AGE. For me, I am ONLY concerned about him not getting ripped-off.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Lolly wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:13 am Embarrassing themselves and our country. Lets hope he recovers from this.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/fan ... o-20220204
Fans Left 'Baffled' By Age Of 18-Year-Old Silas Nwankwo After Joining Swedish Side Mjallby AIF
Jack Kenmare

Published 9:02, 04 February 2022 GMT

Fans Left 'Baffled' By Age Of 18-Year-Old Silas Nwankwo After Joining Swedish Side Mjallby AIF
Swedish outfit Mjallby AIF have completed the signing of highly-rated forward Silas Nwankwo from Nigeria Premier League side Nasarawa United - but some fans believe he looks older than his age.

The 18-year-old striker enjoyed a wonderful campaign last year. He scored 19 goals in 35 games for Nasarawa, guiding the NPFL club to a second placed finish in the league.

Nwankwo was also named in Nigeria's 'Team of the Year' after finishing the campaign as the Premier League's joint top scorer.

After such a profilic season, it was confirmed on Thursday that the teenager had earned himself a move to Allsvenskan side Mjallby AIF on a four-year deal.

Hasse Larsson, who is the club's sporting director, expressed his delight at the signing. “It is clear if you look at his merits as an 18-year-old in a high-speaking language, it is impressive," he said.

“But we are also impressed by his top qualities both in the wrong turn with his size, but also by his ability to manage goal chances to goal in the offensive penalty area.

"A player who will need time, so with a longer contract, we believe that Silas, in the long run, can really make a difference for the club.”

The signing of Nwankwo was confirmed on social media this week and soon after, fans began to raise doubts about his age.

According to Stockholm-based Rasim Reiz, the forward was listed as being 24-years-old on Football Manager 2021. "On Football Manager 2021, he is 24 while on Football Manager 2022, he is suddenly 17 years old," he wrote. "Senseless."

Reiz went on to post a Twitter thread of posts surrounding details of Nwankwo's alleged age, with screenshots from online articles included.

How are we sure it's the same silas-nwankwo .
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Damunk wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:32 pm

I think it is time we stopped blaming the players that fake their age to get a transfer abroad…..

Don’t care how gullible you are… if you cannot tell an 18yr old from a 30yr old….u deserve to be ripped off.

Yes, these guys won’t get anywhere near the national teams but if some stupid Swedish or Turkish team is looking for a young striker that scored lots of goals that they will get for free and pay peanuts….,

They deserve to be taken advantage of, cos that’s exactly what they are doing….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enyi wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:06 pm

I think it is time we stopped blaming the players that fake their age to get a transfer abroad…..

Don’t care how gullible you are… if you cannot tell an 18yr old from a 30yr old….u deserve to be ripped off.

Yes, these guys won’t get anywhere near the national teams but if some stupid Swedish or Turkish team is looking for a young striker that scored lots of goals that they will get for free and pay peanuts….,

I get that but it’s having a negative knock-on effect on genuine young players.
I can only imagine what kind of things such players have had to endure, including lost opportunities.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:21 pm
Enyi wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:06 pm

I get that but it’s having a negative knock-on effect on genuine young players.
I can only imagine what kind of things such players have had to endure, including lost opportunities.
I bet you there are far better players that were offered to these teams but this guy is cheap…..

The teams can’t then come and complain about age afterwards…

Younger better players will always rise to the top not end up in some Swedish team with no name
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

blueangel wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:42 pm
Lolly wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:13 am Embarrassing themselves and our country. Lets hope he recovers from this.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/fan ... o-20220204
Jack Kenmare

Published 9:02, 04 February 2022 GMT

Swedish outfit Mjallby AIF have completed the signing of highly-rated forward Silas Nwankwo from Nigeria Premier League side Nasarawa United - but some fans believe he looks older than his age.

The 18-year-old striker enjoyed a wonderful campaign last year. He scored 19 goals in 35 games for Nasarawa, guiding the NPFL club to a second placed finish in the league.

Nwankwo was also named in Nigeria's 'Team of the Year' after finishing the campaign as the Premier League's joint top scorer.

After such a profilic season, it was confirmed on Thursday that the teenager had earned himself a move to Allsvenskan side Mjallby AIF on a four-year deal.

Hasse Larsson, who is the club's sporting director, expressed his delight at the signing. “It is clear if you look at his merits as an 18-year-old in a high-speaking language, it is impressive," he said.

“But we are also impressed by his top qualities both in the wrong turn with his size, but also by his ability to manage goal chances to goal in the offensive penalty area.

"A player who will need time, so with a longer contract, we believe that Silas, in the long run, can really make a difference for the club.”

The signing of Nwankwo was confirmed on social media this week and soon after, fans began to raise doubts about his age.

According to Stockholm-based Rasim Reiz, the forward was listed as being 24-years-old on Football Manager 2021. "On Football Manager 2021, he is 24 while on Football Manager 2022, he is suddenly 17 years old," he wrote. "Senseless."

Reiz went on to post a Twitter thread of posts surrounding details of Nwankwo's alleged age, with screenshots from online articles included.

How are we sure it's the same silas-nwankwo .
We are sure it’s the same person. Do you have proof that he isn’t the one?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Up Silas... :thumbs:
Sunset wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:11 pm [tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

kalani JR wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:00 am
Is this guy related to Tinumbu? 18? For which year? I be Warri boy o! You no fit make me di more you look o!!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:11 pm [tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

Another sweet solo goal that makes it 5 goals in 10 apps for him in Sweden
[tweet][/tweet]
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:58 pm The club is obviously complicit and be fined heavily for this.
In my view, a hefty fine is in order asvwell as other appropriate criminal prosecution. They ought to locate those who assisted in falsifying official documents and prosecute them. This isn't a crime that should be glossed over.
EII,

As distasteful as age falsification might appear to you, I’m not sure precisely what makes it a crime. People falsify their ages all the time for one purpose or the other. In the hey days of the Civil Service for instance, 15 year-old kids often claimed to be 18 to get jobs in the Civil Service because of the imposed age limit. Armies all over the world are also rife with age cheats. With regards to football specifically, if they’re not vying for a place in an age grade competition then I don’t see what harm is being done. I don’t believe that criminal prosecution is the appropriate consequence for age cheats❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:54 am
EII,

As distasteful as age falsification might appear to you, I’m not sure precisely what makes it a crime. People falsify their ages all the time for one purpose or the other. In the hey days of the Civil Service for instance, 15 year-old kids often claimed to be 18 to get jobs in the Civil Service because of the imposed age limit. Armies all over the world are also rife with age cheats. With regards to football specifically, if they’re not vying for a place in an age grade competition then I don’t see what harm is being done. I don’t believe that criminal prosecution is the appropriate consequence for age cheats❗️

Cheers.
Are you serious? If the age falsification involves using a falsified or fake documents, then it is a crime in almost any civilized country.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

packerland wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:23 pm
EII,

Cheers.
Are you serious? If the age falsification involves using a falsified or fake documents, then it is a crime in almost any civilized country.
Did you bother to verify that what you just said is accurate or are you just making an assumption? Well, you know what, you live and you learn, if your lucky. Today might be your lucky day so, learn. Age falsification is not a crime unless you engage in illegal activities based on your falsified age.

I hope that after being so self-righteous, you won’t go and cast your ballot for Ahmed Tinubu the age cheat. That would be quite ironic🤔❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:29 pm
packerland wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:23 pm
EII,

Cheers.
Did you bother to verify that what you just said is accurate or are you just making an assumption? Well, you know what, you live and you learn, if your lucky. Today might be your lucky day so, learn. Age falsification is not a crime unless you engage in illegal activities based on your falsified age.

I hope that after being so self-righteous, you won’t go and cast your ballot for Ahmed Tinubu the age cheat. That would be quite ironic🤔❗️

Cheers.
My bad. Let me be more specific. Age falsification on a U.S passport is a federal crime if caught and the authority want to prosecute you (please Google it yourself). He’s a footballer and most players not based locally or players that are part of the National team in all levels have a passport. Just falsifying your age or even carrying a fake ID Card will most likely get you get a slap on the wrist.

Don’t worry, I won’t participate in Nigerian election until these old heads die off. They are all the same.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .