18 Year old NPFL hotshot moves to Europe.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kalani JR
Egg
Egg
18 Year old NPFL hotshot moves to Europe.

Post by kalani JR »

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: 18 Year old NPFL hotshot moves to Europe.

Post by Tobi17 »

18 yrs old.. Ok oooo :rotf: :tic:
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:24 am 18 yrs old.. Ok oooo :rotf: :tic:
Correction 18 and a half.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Good luck to him. He is doing what he needs to do to secure a better life in Europe. If we had a decent league grown men would not need to pretend that they are 18.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

aruako1 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:40 am Good luck to him. He is doing what he needs to do to secure a better life in Europe. If we had a decent league grown men would not need to pretend that they are 18.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I am happy
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Dammy wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:45 am
aruako1 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:40 am Good luck to him. He is doing what he needs to do to secure a better life in Europe. If we had a decent league grown men would not need to pretend that they are 18.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Na stress oh.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

I blame those who constantly inform us...

If you are still in the NPFL after 3 years you are not good enough.

If you are 24 and over and still playing in the NPFL, you are not good enough.

These nonsense rhetoric leads to this stuff this lead.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

We need to teach our "Youth" to do the right thing, not what "is right for them to get a better life".

But we must also ensure that anyone doing the right thing for them to get a better life is not called up for our under 20s and under 23s, thereby denying a place to those who are doing the right thing.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Embarrassing themselves and our country. Lets hope he recovers from this.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/fan ... o-20220204
Fans Left 'Baffled' By Age Of 18-Year-Old Silas Nwankwo After Joining Swedish Side Mjallby AIF
Jack Kenmare

Published 9:02, 04 February 2022 GMT

Fans Left 'Baffled' By Age Of 18-Year-Old Silas Nwankwo After Joining Swedish Side Mjallby AIF
Swedish outfit Mjallby AIF have completed the signing of highly-rated forward Silas Nwankwo from Nigeria Premier League side Nasarawa United - but some fans believe he looks older than his age.

The 18-year-old striker enjoyed a wonderful campaign last year. He scored 19 goals in 35 games for Nasarawa, guiding the NPFL club to a second placed finish in the league.

Nwankwo was also named in Nigeria's 'Team of the Year' after finishing the campaign as the Premier League's joint top scorer.

After such a profilic season, it was confirmed on Thursday that the teenager had earned himself a move to Allsvenskan side Mjallby AIF on a four-year deal.

Hasse Larsson, who is the club's sporting director, expressed his delight at the signing. “It is clear if you look at his merits as an 18-year-old in a high-speaking language, it is impressive," he said.

“But we are also impressed by his top qualities both in the wrong turn with his size, but also by his ability to manage goal chances to goal in the offensive penalty area.

"A player who will need time, so with a longer contract, we believe that Silas, in the long run, can really make a difference for the club.”

The signing of Nwankwo was confirmed on social media this week and soon after, fans began to raise doubts about his age.

According to Stockholm-based Rasim Reiz, the forward was listed as being 24-years-old on Football Manager 2021. "On Football Manager 2021, he is 24 while on Football Manager 2022, he is suddenly 17 years old," he wrote. "Senseless."

Reiz went on to post a Twitter thread of posts surrounding details of Nwankwo's alleged age, with screenshots from online articles included.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

He played West African University Games (WAUG) in 2015. And 7 years later, he is how old again? :oops: :oops: :oops:
Last edited by Lolly on Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

24 is not that old. Why would he claim 18? Anyway i hope he hasn't blown his chances. Looks like a decent player
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

airwolex wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:17 am 24 is not that old. Why would he claim 18? Anyway i hope he hasn't blown his chances. Looks like a decent player
That boy is not 24.

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Lolly wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:16 am He played West African University Games (WAUG) in 2015. And 7 years later, he is how old again? :oops: :oops: :oops:
That guy based on this report is most probably 25-26years old. If one assumes he was 18-19 when said report was made.

This alleged but seemingly true age falsification is just sad on so many levels.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

How stupid can this guy be? Really? If is not like he was an unknown guy and given the existence of social media. This, in my view, is plain ridiculous. While I understand the social and footballing circumstance that breeds this, it is really not excusable. It is acts like this that taints everyone else from Nigeria even if they are honest.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The club is obviously complicit and be fined heavily for this.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:58 pm The club is obviously complicit and be fined heavily for this.
In my view, a hefty fine is in order asvwell as other appropriate criminal prosecution. They ought to locate those who assisted in falsifying official documents and prosecute them. This isn't a crime that should be glossed over.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:08 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:58 pm The club is obviously complicit and be fined heavily for this.
In my view, a hefty fine is in order asvwell as other appropriate criminal prosecution. They ought to locate those who assisted in falsifying official documents and prosecute them. This isn't a crime that should be glossed over.
I wonder if his passport also says 18. That would be really bad.

This is the sort of age fraud that affects most of our players in Europe. It just creates unnecessary distrust when it concerns young players coming out of Nigeria. Very sad.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

smh...
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Lolly wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:19 am
airwolex wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:17 am 24 is not that old. Why would he claim 18? Anyway i hope he hasn't blown his chances. Looks like a decent player
That boy is not 24.
Off course he is not 24, we can all read that he is 18 :tic:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

EII,

But where is the evidence?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:46 pm

EII,

But there is evidence. They didn't do like you Ageologists, they actually provided evidence of a guy who goes by the same exact name having played NUGA games back in 2015.

You, on the other hand, will tell us to trust you because you are a Naijarian and know for a fact he is lying without providing any evidence.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Absolutely!

The agent and the representative of the club that didn't slam charges of fraud on the agent and the player and went on to sign the dude.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:22 pm
txj wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:46 pm

EII,

But there is evidence. They didn't do like you Ageologists, they actually provided evidence of a guy who goes by the same exact name having played NUGA games back in 2015.

You, on the other hand, will tell us to trust you because you are a Naijarian and know for a fact he is lying without providing any evidence.

You mean like the evidence on Fortune Chukwudi??? :???: :???:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp