Nigeria's top 3 strikers.....opinion

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria's top 3 strikers.....opinion

Post by Enugu II »

In my opinion, after watching this AFCON, the Nigerian striker position that seemed forever unsolved has become quite clear. Previously Nigeria tried Iheanacho, Nwankwo, Onuachu, Dessers, etc without any clarity on is directly behind Osimhen. We know that this was partly dealt with by moving Iheanacho to the top of the midfield as a support striker type. However after this AFCON, I believe Umar Sadiq clearly shows he can be the second option after Osimhen. Awoniyi has moved back to third. That is my view. Onuachu is now outside of that group.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Nigeria's top 3 strikers.....opinion

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I have these two as my option . Vic and Sadiq. ( to me Sadiq is miles ahead of awoniyi
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

U mean u not buying into the propaganda that he "played poorly" in the 10 minutes he was given ?

At least he created chances for himself, which is more than we can say for Awoniyi.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

My own be say if Nigeria likes go and select Sadiq to lead the attack against Ghana in March.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Flex Swift wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:54 pm My own be say if Nigeria likes go and select Sadiq to lead the attack against Ghana in March.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Osimhen. Sadiq. Moffi.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I am curious, what did Awoniyi do in the tournament to move ahead of Onuachu or even Ighalo?
Enugu II wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:32 pm In my opinion, after watching this AFCON, the Nigerian striker position that seemed forever unsolved has become quite clear. Previously Nigeria tried Iheanacho, Nwankwo, Onuachu, Dessers, etc without any clarity on is directly behind Osimhen. We know that this was partly dealt with by moving Iheanacho to the top of the midfield as a support striker type. However after this AFCON, I believe Umar Sadiq clearly shows he can be the second option after Osimhen. Awoniyi has moved back to third. That is my view. Onuachu is now outside of that group.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Osimhen
Onuachu
Awoniyi
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Professor E2,

With the risk of you flunking me on this test, I am answering a different question to wit - Naija best 3 strikers against Ghana!

The answer clearly na Onachu, Oshimen, Umar for obvious reasons!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D
Enugu II wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:32 pm In my opinion, after watching this AFCON, the Nigerian striker position that seemed forever unsolved has become quite clear. Previously Nigeria tried Iheanacho, Nwankwo, Onuachu, Dessers, etc without any clarity on is directly behind Osimhen. We know that this was partly dealt with by moving Iheanacho to the top of the midfield as a support striker type. However after this AFCON, I believe Umar Sadiq clearly shows he can be the second option after Osimhen. Awoniyi has moved back to third. That is my view. Onuachu is now outside of that group.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Osimhen, Sadiq, Desser/Awoniyi
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

1. Osimhen
2. Onuachu

3rd spot is Between Sadiq, Dennis, Moffi & Awoniyi for me as we're yet to see any of them being given a consistent run of games yet.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cmoke wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:11 am Professor E2,

With the risk of you flunking me on this test, I am answering a different question to wit - Naija best 3 strikers against Ghana!

Cmoke,

If Ghana people dey here, na you sabi. My hand no dey ooo! If na for volleyball v Ghana I go sabi. But dis na for ground dem go play ball, make you remember. :dream:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

E2,

See, i no even need to tell you why and you already know!
Did you notice that Egu's SE was more dangerous with set pieces during this AFCON? Chei, how will Crawlings half people defend our corners with Onachu and Sadiq there?

Football, na game of matchup oh.

Cmoke :D :D :D :D
Enugu II wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:02 am

Cmoke,

If Ghana people dey here, na you sabi. My hand no dey ooo! If na for volleyball v Ghana I go sabi. But dis na for ground dem go play ball, make you remember. :dream:
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Sunset wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:58 am 1. Osimhen
2. Onuachu

3rd spot is Between Sadiq, Dennis, Moffi & Awoniyi for me as we're yet to see any of them being given a consistent run of games yet.
THIS :agree:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Wicked!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Flex Swift wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:54 pm My own be say if Nigeria likes go and select Sadiq to lead the attack against Ghana in March.
...as long as Osinhme is healthy.
Between now and March is long time, they have a lot of club matches to play and we hope none is injured.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

For me it is not about who's the best striker but rather which is the best combination for our attack. If we cast our mind back we will remember that while Yekinni was being played as our top striker alongside Amokachie he wasn't even the top striker in the Portuguese league where he was playing then. Richard Oowobokiri was the highest goal scorer in that league. In fact there was a season RO was the highest scorer in the whole of Europe, yet CW considered Yekinni as the best fit for his formation.

With that, for a 4-3-3 formation i will go for an attacking front of Chukwueze on the right, Osimhen in the center and Dennis on the left. This will be backed by a midfield of Atebo as the base flanked on either side by Aribo and Ndidi.

And if the coach goes for a 4-2-3-1 formation the top striker should be Osimhen with Chukwueze on the right, Aribo in the middle and Dennis on the left. The twin midfield should be Atebo and Ndidi.

Now in a 4-4-2 formation i will go for Onwuachi and Dennis as the twin striker, something akin to Yekinni/Amokachi combination. My wingers will be Chukwueze and Simon with any two from Atebo/Ndidi/Aribo as the midfielders.

It's all about formation and combination. I didn't include the defence because that defence basically choose itself.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

azuka wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:54 pm For me it is not about who's the best striker but rather which is the best combination for our attack. If we cast our mind back we will remember that while Yekinni was being played as our top striker alongside Amokachie he wasn't even the top striker in the Portuguese league where he was playing then. Richard Oowobokiri was the highest goal scorer in that league. In fact there was a season RO was the highest scorer in the whole of Europe, yet CW considered Yekinni as the best fit for his formation.

With that, for a 4-3-3 formation i will go for an attacking front of Chukwueze on the right, Osimhen in the center and Dennis on the left. This will be backed by a midfield of Atebo as the base flanked on either side by Aribo and Ndidi.

And if the coach goes for a 4-2-3-1 formation the top striker should be Osimhen with Chukwueze on the right, Aribo in the middle and Dennis on the left. The twin midfield should be Atebo and Ndidi.

Now in a 4-4-2 formation i will go for Onwuachi and Dennis as the twin striker, something akin to Yekinni/Amokachi combination. My wingers will be Chukwueze and Simon with any two from Atebo/Ndidi/Aribo as the midfielders.

It's all about formation and combination. I didn't include the defence because that defence basically choose itself.
Which Chukwueze are you talking about?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

wanaj0 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:25 pm
azuka wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:54 pm For me it is not about who's the best striker but rather which is the best combination for our attack. If we cast our mind back we will remember that while Yekinni was being played as our top striker alongside Amokachie he wasn't even the top striker in the Portuguese league where he was playing then. Richard Oowobokiri was the highest goal scorer in that league. In fact there was a season RO was the highest scorer in the whole of Europe, yet CW considered Yekinni as the best fit for his formation.

The guy that plays for Villareal.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

azuka wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:42 pm

The guy that plays for Villareal.
The same one that did 'wonders' during the AFCON? :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

:rotf: :rotf:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

You left out Osimhen in your 4-4-2 formation. Na mistake or na whisky dey work for you body?

azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:08 pm

You left out Osimhen in your 4-4-2 formation. Na mistake or na whisky dey work for you body?
ol'boy it's too early for a glass of whisky. By the way i don't do whisky if na odeku then we game. It's on purpose i left out Osimhen in my 4-4-2 formation because i do not think he will be a good fit for it. I might be wrong.