INAPPROPRIATE ABUJA FANS CHANTS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
INAPPROPRIATE ABUJA FANS CHANTS

Post by jette1 »

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaJUawHIWa ... =copy_link

Ashleigh was easily the best player vs CIV but the Oyinbo chant get as e be
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
mapet
Egg
Egg
Re: INAPPROPRIATE ABUJA FANS CHANTS

Post by mapet »

Nothing inappropriate Madam Jette.... you're looking through "Western Prism"... Reverse is the case here...this is acceptance and appreciation.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

mapet wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:05 am Nothing inappropriate Madam Jette.... you're looking through "Western Prism"... Reverse is the case here...this is acceptance and appreciation.
Wao!! Madam mapet great to hear from you; I hope you are right but this must subliminally make her feel awkward. She is not a mascot bro

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Chanting Oyibo is ignorance and racist on international standards. We wouldn't accept Ukrainians chanting blackie in an international game. Oyibo is a term used to identify sin color only.
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:28 am Chanting Oyibo is ignorance and racist on international standards. We wouldn't accept Ukrainians chanting blackie in an international game. Oyibo is a term used to identify sin color only.
Exactly my thoughts; how Nigerians remain so backwards and insensitive and cut off from majority of world views on civil matters like this is mind bugging. Imagine They still refer to biracial citizens as - half cast ? Very annoying that so called journalists and tv and radio personalities don’t no any better

lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

jette1 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:48 am https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaJUawHIWa ... =copy_link

Ashleigh was easily the best player vs CIV but the Oyinbo chant get as e be
Nothing inappropriate about it. We have our own culture and mannerisms. Stop trying to turn the average Nigerian into a European or American. Nothing wrong is calling someone Oyinbo in Nigeria. A popular white lady married to an Igbo man calls herself "nwanyi ocha" on social media and has huge Nigerian following. Noone has abused her for calling herself nyanyi ocha because we do not see it as derogatory. Stop imposing other people's view and biases on us!
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Also if skin colour is such a taboo would it be inappropriate if I explain to someone that 'Mr X is the black guy in the team', for the purpose of showing him Mr X?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

lacidi wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:45 am Also if skin colour is such a taboo would it be inappropriate if I explain to someone that 'Mr X is the black guy in the team', for the purpose of showing him Mr X?
Funny enough you brought this up; An official or a team of officials reffing a certain game in Europe got in trouble and suspended because a lines man or 4 th official referred to a player as “the black one”
And calling someone nwanyi ocha in Igbo land predates colonial days and was never a reference to - a white woman. It was and has always been used to designate light skinned women just as nwoke ocha designates a light skinned man.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

jette1 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:25 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:28 am Chanting Oyibo is ignorance and racist on international standards. We wouldn't accept Ukrainians chanting blackie in an international game. Oyibo is a term used to identify sin color only.
Exactly my thoughts; how Nigerians remain so backwards and insensitive and cut off from majority of world views on civil matters like this is mind bugging. Imagine They still refer to biracial citizens as - half cast ? Very annoying that so called journalists and tv and radio personalities don’t no any better
The Nigerian bradcasting corporation and ministry of information should discourage the use of "Oyibo" in all tv/radio broadcasts, newspapers classrooms and the people will follow. It was also their culture in the American south to call black people Negroes, a similar term to Oyibo, but they systematically removed the word and replaced it with African American.
OCCUPY NFF!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Jette and Kongi, una funny wella lmao
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

airwolex wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:44 am :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

It's not funny. :sneaky:
OCCUPY NFF!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Na naija we dey oh. Aint nobody banning shiiite looool
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Na wa o. This wokism is on steriods. It was used as a term of endearment. Make una chill small.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Smh..so oyinbo is now a racist term...we do have very unintelligent folks here...another pointless thread to argue about... many of una need to go and take some fresh air...hopefully covid go soon die and quench...so una fit get another hobby
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

jette1 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:07 am
lacidi wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:45 am Also if skin colour is such a taboo would it be inappropriate if I explain to someone that 'Mr X is the black guy in the team', for the purpose of showing him Mr X?
Funny enough you brought this up; An official or a team of officials reffing a certain game in Europe got in trouble and suspended because a lines man or 4 th official referred to a player as “the black one”
And calling someone nwanyi ocha in Igbo land predates colonial days and was never a reference to - a white woman. It was and has always been used to designate light skinned women just as nwoke ocha designates a light skinned man.
So based on your analogy, it will be wrong for an Igbo person to refer to another Igbo guy as nwoke ocha, because that would be considered a reference to colour.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

imehjunior wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:01 pm Na wa o. This wokism is on steriods. It was used as a term of endearment. Make una chill small.
Exactly. ‘Oyibo’ does not have the same negative connotation as ‘Nigg@’
Rightly or wrongly, when we tease somebody with the word, it is nothing to do with racial hegemony.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Who allowed uneducated people into the stadium?

You have an NFF President who does not have foresight.
An NFF President who undertakes actions without forward projection.
An NFF President who did not foresee fraudulent CAF Women World Cup Qualification processes; and one who remained silent when the fraud was brought to his attention.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

So oyinbo is racist now abi? Nigerians are becoming stupider by the day..
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA Wrote
7, oyibo wall stood firm. We conceded 4 goals in 3 games. 1 pk, 1 OG and 2 from from MF errors. They did very well
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=290272&p=5299071&hi ... l#p5299071
He didn't get to play enough games with other CD while he had a good season last year, by the end of the season the oyibo wall was already established.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292879&p=5374745&hi ... l#p5374745
I think the oyibo wall might get demolished soon.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=293028&p=5379266&hi ... l#p5379266
Kenneth has demolished the oyibo wall.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=294464&p=5424000&hi ... l#p5424000
He had arguably the best season a Nigerian CD has had in long while but the I can see why ROHR would stick with his tried and tested oyibo wall.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=295177&p=5444306&hi ... l#p5444306
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

fabio wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:33 pm

7, oyibo wall stood firm. We conceded 4 goals in 3 games. 1 pk, 1 OG and 2 from from MF errors. They did very well
He didn't get to play enough games with other CD while he had a good season last year, by the end of the season the oyibo wall was already established.
He had arguably the best season a Nigerian CD has had in long while but the I can see why ROHR would stick with his tried and tested oyibo wall.
awoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo chei, oh my ,,, you see when i tell all of una say kongi is not normal up there.. kai... just see how the loser just open him yansh like fowl
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Chei!! I had forgotten this uncanny knack of CE to "roll the tapes". :lol: :lol:

theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: