For Nigeria to beat Ghana...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ahidjo2
Egg
Egg
For Nigeria to beat Ghana...

Post by ahidjo2 »

After disastrous AFCON campaigns, the worst in Nigeria's and Ghana's recent histories, attention is shifted to the last week of March for a world cup qualifier like no other. Both teams will be looking to edge the other to claim one of the African spots for the Qatar world cup starting this November. A lot has gone on in the two camps regarding preparations for this decisive and mouth-watering clash. What are the chances of Nigeria's Super Eagles? Well, if Nigeria does not do the basic things right, they will, for sure, not be going to Qatar. Let's look at those basic things that must be done with perfection. No room for errors.

Invitation of Players and Selection: On current form as of the weekend of February 20, 2022, the best four Nigerian players/Strikers are Emmanuel Dennis, Adomala Lookman, Moses Simon, and Victor Osimhen. Let me start with Emmanuel Dennis. This guy has distinguished himself as the MOST complete striker in Nigeria at the moment despite his so-called recalcitrant tendencies which are totally irrelevant at this point. He scores goals, he is skillful, he strikes the ball very well. He defends with tenacity and dribbles without fear and unmatched boldness. He is fast and strong, he can terrorize any defense in the world (ask Real Madrid and Man U). Emmanuel Dennis should be the number one on the list of those to be invited and to start. Next is Ademola Lookman. He has similar qualities as Dennis but not as fast. He is smart, can hold the ball and makes those intelligent passes, and strikes the ball well too. His work rate is high. He should be the next on the list with Moses Simon. Moses Simon's display since AFCON has left many to wonder if this was the same Moses that was endlessly castigated for not being productive enough. He has grown to become one of the most dreaded wingers in world football. Victor Osimhen has always been the number one striker for the Super Eagles for about two years now. Whereas Osimhen's qualities have never been in doubt, one has to be concerned about his inconsistencies in front of goal. This inconsistency has drawn some severe criticisms from a section of the Italian press as well as some Napoli fans. In spite of this, He will remain Nigeria's top striker until a better alternative is found. In conclusion, the Nigerian coaches must find a way to start these four players in Nigeria's starting 11. I am certain that these players will give enough trouble to Ghana and I dare say that Ghana will stand no chance.

Coaching: Nigeria already committed a serious and grievous error by sacking Rohr weeks before the nation's cup after meeting his terms of employment. However, we are moving forward. The present Nigerian coaches must step up in their game in terms of modern-day coaching techniques. There must be a professional game reader with the super Eagles and there must be a professional game analyst. Throughout the Nations cup games, I did not see anyone with technology on our bench trying to figure out some situations (I might be wrong and stand corrected). This is not 1970 when coaches sat, folded their arms, and wait for halftime to go and bark at the players. Rohr had some of these in place. What happened? If almost all our players come from clubs that use these technologies, why should they be coming to the National team to be witnessing some sort of mediocre and technologyless coaching? The training should be the same way too. Technology and modern training tools must be deployed for every Super Eagles training not just using cones. Game reading and tactical substitutions are vital. That's why we failed woefully in Cameroun. The coaches must make timely and effective substitutions depending on the circumstances of the game. Finally, no clumsy player should be allowed in the Super Eagles camp this time. This is war and lazy players should not be allowed in the war zone. It's going to be 180 minutes of epic battle and in the end, either Nigeria or Ghana will miss the Qatar party. Nigeria's chances of not missing it will greatly increase if these recommendations are adhered to. I don talk my own
icee
Egg
Egg
Re: For Nigeria to beat Ghana...

Post by icee »

Playable Pitch: lookman, Dennis, Simon are not going to be play to their potential if they have to overthink things they don't even contemplate (like trapping the ball) because they suddenly have to consider bouncy pitch. This one thing neutralizes talent to a large enough extent. I have said, Peakmilk should be touring stadiums and making sure we advantageous playing surfaces vs. visiting players that should be left to Egu
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ahidjo2 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:48 pm Next is Ademola Lookman. He has similar qualities as Dennis but not as fast. He is smart, can hold the ball and makes those intelligent passes, and strikes the ball well too. His work rate is high.

In other words, Lookman is no different from all the other wingers we already have. These are all superficial qualities that can apply to any player even those in the NPFL!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Talents are not going to decide this qualifier as both team have these. Coaching tactics
and players' on-field discipline will. This is going to be like a chess match, with psychology
and team cohesion playing a large part. It will not be easy for either team, with AFCON showings
at the back of their minds. It's the team that can focus its collective minds on the agenda that will prevail.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

for Nigeria to beat Ghana

I HOPE Egu will have learned his lesson from our disastrous AFCON outing that you CANNOT NEGLECT THE MIDFIELD.

especially against a team like Ghana, who always pride themselves in a strong midfield.

I can just see the list containing 12 strikers and 4 midfielders (including Nacho as one of them)

Do not make these same mistakes that you and the previous coach Rohr made.

I fear they have not learned, but I hope they have.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

If it was a one off match, I would rate the chances of both teams at 50/50 but over two matches, Nigeria would be too strong for Ghana.
Ghana just don't have the quality that they used to have, and have been playing poorly for a long time. They're only in the equation because of a dubious penalty awarded against South Africa.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:23 pm If it was a one off match, I would rate the chances of both teams at 50/50 but over two matches, Nigeria would be too strong for Ghana.
Ghana just don't have the quality that they used to have, and have been playing poorly for a long time. They're only in the equation because of a dubious penalty awarded against South Africa.
dont deceive yourself.

the 2 matches will be war, form will be irrelevant.

they have the players to beat us.

Tunisia beat us for crying out loud. Ghana is a much better team than Tunisia.

It will be a matter of coaching and tactics.

If Egu fails then he is truly not the coach to lead us forward.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:33 pm
Dammy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:23 pm If it was a one off match, I would rate the chances of both teams at 50/50 but over two matches, Nigeria would be too strong for Ghana.
dont deceive yourself.

If Egu fails….he should be deported….he has Amunike and going by my experience with him in the past…Amunike will be calling the shots…
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Enyi wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:00 pm If Egu fails….he should be deported….he has Amunike and going by my experience with him in the past…Amunike will be calling the shots…
Did Amuneke inform you that his inclusion in the coaching staff is confirmed?
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Though nothing is certain, but I agree with you. Based on current form, unless Ghana have some tricks to deploy, I think our chances of getting a good result in Ghana is brighter than of Ghana getting a result in Nigeria.

Anyway, let's wait and see what happens, but I hope we make it to Qatar
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enyi wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:00 pm
dont deceive yourself.

If Egu fails….he should be deported….he has Amunike and going by my experience with him in the past…Amunike will be calling the shots…
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, yeah? Deport him to his 'Techincal director' job, eh?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

dont deceive yourself.

What if Eguavoen beats Ghana? Will you then certify him worthy of leading Nigeria forward❓❗️

Cheers.
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

joao wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:36 pm Talents are not going to decide this qualifier as both team have these. Coaching tactics
and players' on-field discipline will. This is going to be like a chess match, with psychology
and team cohesion playing a large part. It will not be easy for either team, with AFCON showings
at the back of their minds. It's the team that can focus its collective minds on the agenda that will prevail.

Joao:

You are right on point. Talent does not win games for the most part except the difference in talent is huge...which in most cases today it is not.

The collective wins games. Discipline and the shear desire to win is 85%.
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

dont deceive yourself.

Vancity Eagle

You are so correct!
It will be war. It won't be easy for both teams.
However my brother, there is no math in football.
The ream with the collective mentality and hard work will have the upper hand.

There is no big divide in talent in many of the top ten African teams
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Ghana will destroy Naija 6-1 in the first leg. We did that to Egypt, they gave up on the second leg.
This team will repeat the 6-1
-------- Nurudeen (Eupen, Belgium) -----------
D. Amartey(Leicester, EPL), Salisu(Southampton, EPL), Djiku(Strasbourg, France), Schlupp(Crystal palace)
------ Suleman(Rennes, France), Partey(Arsenal, EPL), Duncan (Fiorentina, Italy)y, Idrissu (Mallorca)
------- Kudus(Ajax) Afena-Gyan(Roma) -----
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Rawlings wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:30 am
Ghana will destroy Naija 6-1 in the first leg. We did that to Egypt, they gave up on the second leg.
D. Amartey(Leicester, EPL), Salisu(Southampton, EPL), Djiku(Strasbourg, France), Schlupp(Crystal palace)
------ Suleman(Rennes, France), Partey(Arsenal, EPL), Duncan (Fiorentina, Italy)y, Idrissu (Mallorca)
Let me detail your only lethal players... Kudus is barely fit and has been warming the Ajax bench all season, same as Sulemana who has barely seen playing time at Rennes... Afena Gyan hasn't even scored a goal for Roma in almost two months now and he is a bench warmer at best who blows hot and cold, Partey has been having a decent season so far but he is no Essien...the rest of your players save for Partey, Amartey and Schulpp are by and large having very uneventful seasons so far.

At least you were smart enough not to put Jordan Ayew in your line up cause that breda is as useless as tits on a nun.
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

joao wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:36 pm Talents are not going to decide this qualifier as both team have these. Coaching tactics
If both teams get their tactics right and players on both sides stay disciplined through out the two games, who then wins? Sometimes you need a special player to do something special in a close game as this.
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

Rawlings wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:30 am
Just wondering the last time any team in the world beat the Super Eagles by more than a two-goal margin in a competitive game. Not even Argentina could do it.
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

icee wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:33 pm Playable Pitch: lookman, Dennis, Simon are not going to be play to their potential if they have to overthink things they don't even contemplate (like trapping the ball) because they suddenly have to consider bouncy pitch. This one thing neutralizes talent to a large enough extent. I have said, Peakmilk should be touring stadiums and making sure we advantageous playing surfaces vs. visiting players that should be left to Egu
Too late for touring, venues are pretty much set in stone.
No Escape
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

No point boasting, it can take just one individual error to send a team crashing. All this talk is all bravado.
No Escape
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Silver-Shadow wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:53 pm No point boasting, it can take just one individual error to send a team crashing. All this talk is all bravado.
Correct. One red card, PK or injury and it is anyone's guess who is going to the WC.

Wha choo looking at?!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Odas wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:14 am
Enyi wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:00 pm
dont deceive yourself.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, yeah? Deport him to his 'Techincal director' job, eh?
Of course….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Nigeria has a sht defence and weak attacking midfield, Ghana has a sht defence and weak attack.