Finidi George EXPLODES!!! "You can't play football this way"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Finidi George EXPLODES!!! "You can't play football this way"

Post by Sunset »

After losing a controversial away fixture against Heartland

fajex
Egg
Egg
Re: Finidi George EXPLODES!!! "You can't play football this way"

Post by fajex »

Sunset wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:58 pm After losing a controversial away fixture against Heartland

Oga Sunset, was his complaint about officiating ?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fajex wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:07 pm
Sunset wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:58 pm After losing a controversial away fixture against Heartland

Oga Sunset, was his complaint about officiating ?
Sounds like it and he is really upset. They will frustrate the guy and send him back to Spain.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

officiating
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

I thought paying Tactical was gradually going away. Wait o..how come I never see Nigerian referees at the Afcon?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

greg wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:38 am I thought paying Tactical was gradually going away. Wait o..how come I never see Nigerian referees at the Afcon?
They're corrupt to the bone. 200m people as they like to boast, not 1 single ref is good enough for Afcon. Let that sink in! Not 1.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

These were the 1st half stats posted by the LMC

:ohmy:
[tweet][/tweet]
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Finidi is somewhat right when he alludes to the fact that the only hope in reducing these things is for journalists to be more explicit about it and stop acting like it’s not their job to point it out.

I don’t see any other hope
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Was the match played in plantain land. There is no grass on the field.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

This is the reason we don't have referees in the FIFA Organized matches. Our Referees are still working for their stomachs; just like the Nigerian Police. 35 Fouls for one side that lost the game eventually? The World takes note of small things, and we sometimes wonder why there are no Nigerian Refs in World Cup and CAF.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Igugu wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:37 pm This is the reason we don't have referees in the FIFA Organized matches. Our Referees are still working for their stomachs; just like the Nigerian Police. 35 Fouls for one side that lost the game eventually? The World takes note of small things, and we sometimes wonder why there are no Nigerian Refs in World Cup and CAF.
Igugu

The NPFL officiating is a huge joke. The rate of home wins is usually off the chart is a key give away to the shenanigans. I once did a statistical calculation on this and it is on my blogsite Eagles etcetera. The stats show an incredibly high percentage of home wins and a clear outlier when compared to other leagues which is a clear giveaway that something unusual is going on
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:06 pm
Igugu wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:37 pm This is the reason we don't have referees in the FIFA Organized matches. Our Referees are still working for their stomachs; just like the Nigerian Police. 35 Fouls for one side that lost the game eventually? The World takes note of small things, and we sometimes wonder why there are no Nigerian Refs in World Cup and CAF.
Igugu

The NPFL officiating is a huge joke. The rate of home wins is usually off the chart is a key give away to the shenanigans. I once did a statistical calculation on this and it is on my blogsite Eagles etcetera. The stats show an incredibly high percentage of home wins and a clear outlier when compared to other leagues which is a clear giveaway that something unusual is going on
What do we expect would happen when our league association owes referees for at least 2 years.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Lolly wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:55 pm
Igugu

What do we expect would happen when our league association owes referees for at least 2 years.
The same association also can't protect them from actions like this:

[tweet][/tweet]
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Igugu

Lolly

The data is possibly older than two years oooo! However, I believe the nonsense refereeing is a result of poor security at venues and at the time remuneration being paid by home team. The data was way too striking when compared to multiple other leagues. It clearly was not happenstance. SeSons end with only few points separating the bottom team from the champion. Big giveaway!!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

greg wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:38 am I thought paying Tactical was gradually going away. Wait o..how come I never see Nigerian referees at the Afcon?
... from the things I heard, because they are not good and are corrupt. Whether the accusation, or statement is true or not is up for interpretation
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:56 am
Igugu

Lolly

The data is possibly older than two years oooo! However, I believe the nonsense refereeing is a result of poor security at venues and at the time remuneration being paid by home team. The data was way too striking when compared to multiple other leagues. It clearly was not happenstance. SeSons end with only few points separating the bottom team from the champion. Big giveaway!!!
Well, I heard on Brilla FM just last month that our league referees are owed at least 2 years wages. That is scandalous.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Two years!! Naa waaaa oooo.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Sunset wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:36 am
Hmmm, the whistle had blown before the goal though abi? And backing into a player like that in the box rather than going for the ball could be called as a foul by the ref. Is this the only evidence? The journalist need to be compiling clear video evidence of this and publicize it. This is just sad, but what else do we expect in the jungle...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

And yet some peeps fully expect to be able to produce international level coaches and players from the same league...
SMDH
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

It's quite clear Finidi's imprint on this team but there just seems to be a clear lack of ruthlessness in the final third, and when you add a leaky defense to that its no surprise why currently they're 8th on the table. If it was any other NPFL coach getting these results with Enyimba, they'd already be shown the exit door, so hopefully he can use this grace period to sort out these issues.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

:roll:
[tweet][/tweet]
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Truesat. Any other Nigerian manager would have been let go already.
Sunset wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:06 am It's quite clear Finidi's imprint on this team but there just seems to be a clear lack of ruthlessness in the final third, and when you add a leaky defense to that its no surprise why currently they're 8th on the table. If it was any other NPFL coach getting these results with Enyimba, they'd already be shown the exit door, so hopefully he can use this grace period to sort out these issues.