OFFICIAL SQUAD AGAINST GHANA RELEASED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OFFICIAL SQUAD AGAINST GHANA RELEASED

Post by danfo driver »

I need a break :(
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

The Eagle wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:22 pm
Adisboy wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:45 am
The Eagle wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:01 pm
Dammy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:52 pm
The Eagle wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:10 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:54 pm Owngoal saying the NFF is asking Egu about Onazi.

So according to them Onazi is Egus pick.

See why we want foreign coach. No foreign coach will ever pick a player like Onazi.

Absolutely criminal.
As I recall, we "lost" a match to Algeria in the CAF board room because a foreign manager picked and deployed a player who was supposed to be suspended .... which is arguably worse than what is becoming a "tradition" of Eagles managers inviting older players who used to be core Eagles, players they really shouldn't have invited, but who ultimately do not play a single minute of the tournament or match. Imagine if we lost the first leg to Ghana because Eguavoen fielded Iwobi, I mean, how stupid would that be?
The team secretary was responsible for not informing the NFF of Shehu's suspension and not the coach. Get a proper understanding of roles in the national team before commenting!
I see.

I am not sure which is worse .... your assumption that a manager is not supposed to know his player has been suspended, given the manager was present when his player picked up the applicable yellow cards .... or the fact that if it had been a Nigerian manager there would be no such presumption that he wasn't supposed to know.

Eguavoen did not call up Iwobi because Eguavoen was present when Iwobi got the red card. He did not need this guy to tell that dude to inform that chap to clear it with that bloke. Na wa o.
What you wrote above (highlighted) clearly shows you are talking out of ignorance. The player in question was Shehu Abdulahi. He got the first yellow card against Swaziland, in the knockout phase before the group stage. And who was our manager then ....., the great SUNDAY OLISEH. Aren't you guys tired of blaming Rohr for everything? This was clearly and NFF administration cock-up but still Rihr has to take the fall.
Changes nothing. The manager should still know! Good grief, why is this so hard to understand? How can the manager not know? The same way YOU managed to know Shehu had a yellow card and the exact match he got it in, even though you were not the manager .... is the same way the actual manager should know. Abi, did Oliseh phone you to tell you about it, or was it the NFF secretary that phoned you and told you? Na wa.
Changes everything. Nobody knew about this until we were santioned. The admin team erroneusly thinkning that the a yellow card in the previous round will not apply. You do know that is the admin team that communicates this officially as they receive these notifications for CAF/FIFA not the coach. There's no way the Rohr would known and play same player. It is very clear he was not furnished with this info when he took over. That is why nobody (except you) are point the fingers at him.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Adisboy wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:46 pm
The Eagle wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:22 pm
Adisboy wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:45 am
The Eagle wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:01 pm
Dammy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:52 pm
The Eagle wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:10 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:54 pm Owngoal saying the NFF is asking Egu about Onazi.

So according to them Onazi is Egus pick.

See why we want foreign coach. No foreign coach will ever pick a player like Onazi.

Absolutely criminal.
As I recall, we "lost" a match to Algeria in the CAF board room because a foreign manager picked and deployed a player who was supposed to be suspended .... which is arguably worse than what is becoming a "tradition" of Eagles managers inviting older players who used to be core Eagles, players they really shouldn't have invited, but who ultimately do not play a single minute of the tournament or match. Imagine if we lost the first leg to Ghana because Eguavoen fielded Iwobi, I mean, how stupid would that be?
The team secretary was responsible for not informing the NFF of Shehu's suspension and not the coach. Get a proper understanding of roles in the national team before commenting!
I see.

I am not sure which is worse .... your assumption that a manager is not supposed to know his player has been suspended, given the manager was present when his player picked up the applicable yellow cards .... or the fact that if it had been a Nigerian manager there would be no such presumption that he wasn't supposed to know.

Eguavoen did not call up Iwobi because Eguavoen was present when Iwobi got the red card. He did not need this guy to tell that dude to inform that chap to clear it with that bloke. Na wa o.
What you wrote above (highlighted) clearly shows you are talking out of ignorance. The player in question was Shehu Abdulahi. He got the first yellow card against Swaziland, in the knockout phase before the group stage. And who was our manager then ....., the great SUNDAY OLISEH. Aren't you guys tired of blaming Rohr for everything? This was clearly and NFF administration cock-up but still Rihr has to take the fall.
Changes nothing. The manager should still know! Good grief, why is this so hard to understand? How can the manager not know? The same way YOU managed to know Shehu had a yellow card and the exact match he got it in, even though you were not the manager .... is the same way the actual manager should know. Abi, did Oliseh phone you to tell you about it, or was it the NFF secretary that phoned you and told you? Na wa.
Changes everything. Nobody knew about this until we were santioned. The admin team erroneusly thinkning that the a yellow card in the previous round will not apply. You do know that is the admin team that communicates this officially as they receive these notifications for CAF/FIFA not the coach. There's no way the Rohr would known and play same player. It is very clear he was not furnished with this info when he took over. That is why nobody (except you) are point the fingers at him.
Una get time sha! Ignorance is blissful, let him have the last word and believe he's right. He's already tying himself in knots.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Etebo not even on bench today after making his first cameo since injury.

Did he re injure himself ?

This is why we get upset with the clowns running our football. It's one dumb decision after another. Let's look.

1. Call up only 4 midfielders for a crucial match.

2. One of them just back from injury and hasn't played in months.

3. Standby is Ogenyi Onazi.

Meanwhile the likes of Alhassan Yusuf, Obinna Nwobodo must wonder what they must do to get a look.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:07 am
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:34 am
Eguavon must really rate Amoo, looks like he dropped Ejuke for him, but personally I don't think he's ready quite yet for a game at this level or magnitude. This call up might be a bit premature similar to Samson TIjani's plus it could hurt his chances of locking down a place in his clubs first team.
Good to see Bassey there, hopefully they're looking at him as a LB and not in CB.

Midfield is thin as usual
The midfield was always going to be our undoing!