Chuba Akpom picks Nigeria over England

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Chuba Akpom picks Nigeria over England

Post by Tobi17 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:58 pm Another goal for Chuba today.
Had a excellent game once again playing the "number ten role", I can see why Peseiro is a fan of the lad considering how Chuba will flourish in his much cherished 4-4-2, plug this guy behind Osimhen/Lookman and I dare any defense to hold out longer than necessary.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:20 am
Had a excellent game once again playing the "number ten role", I can see why Peseiro is a fan of the lad considering how Chuba will flourish in his much cherished 4-4-2, plug this guy behind Osimhen/Lookman and I dare any defense to hold out longer than necessary.
Your idea will never happen.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:36 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:20 am
Your idea will never happen.
How much you wan bet? :taunt:
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Chai is how low we have come.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:26 am Chai is how low we have come.
I don’t understand.
Somebody has invited him?
:shock:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I don't know if he will deliver for the SE but we need to get him of Folarin Balogun. The latter is tearing up the french league and the U.S are circling like a shark to get him.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:38 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:56 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:44 am
Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:22 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:07 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:41 pm He scores again vs Brighton in the FA Cup.
He's our most in form player right now
Not so.
What about Chidi Agbabalu that has scored 37 goals this season in the Fiji Islands? :idea:

You can't beat that. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And to think that I actually googled Chidi Agbabalu to verify if he was real :laugh: :rotf:
Sorry bro!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Agbabalu is Yoruba for ‘footballer’, or more literally, ‘ball player’.
The game is referred to as ‘Ere ballu, a f’è̩sè̩ gba’ (the ball game played with the feet).

What’s the Igbo translation?
Nice breakdown boss :thumbs:

Igbos call a skillful ball player "Onye Ball" which means " the one who owns the ball". The concept is pretty much the same with the Yoruba version.
‘Onye egwu’ for a better player.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Two more goals for Chuba today. 16 goals for the season.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Akpom is the Rave of the moment but he's a 27yr old journeyman who has played in about 10 clubs and 4 countries, never has he found similar form as he's in now.

While he'd be a good addition to SE as AM , he'll be 31yrs old by the next WC. Imho, if we get Eze then Akpom will not be as much a priority as he might be now. Remember, we only play a few games per yr and have many up and coming young players who offer long term solutions than Apom

I say call him, add him to the depth chart but be aware that it could only be a short term solution to our MF.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:16 pm Akpom is the Rave of the moment but he's a 27yr old journeyman who has played in about 10 clubs and 4 countries, never has he found similar form as he's in now.

While he'd be a good addition to SE as AM , he'll be 31yrs old by the next WC. Imho, if we get Eze then Akpom will not be as much a priority as he might be now. Remember, we only play a few games per yr and have many up and coming young players who offer long term solutions than Apom

I say call him, add him to the depth chart but be aware that it could only be a short term solution to our MF.
Who cares about his age? The guy is in form right now and we need him to play that attacking mid role (a role he has played with aplomb with Middlesbrough). Micheal Carrick has really coached the lad to unplayable levels and in Peseiros preferred 442 formation, Chuba will flourish as a #10 behind Osimhen and Moffi (though I would rather we try the 352 formation). Until the likes of Eberechi Eze fully declare for Nigeria, Chuba is currently our best option as a CAM, Iwobi can provide creativity and balance from deep.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Div 2 player
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:31 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:16 pm Akpom is the Rave of the moment but he's a 27yr old journeyman who has played in about 10 clubs and 4 countries, never has he found similar form as he's in now.

Who cares about his age? The guy is in form right now and we need him to play that attacking mid role (a role he has played with aplomb with Middlesbrough). Micheal Carrick has really coached the lad to unplayable levels and in Peseiros preferred 442 formation, Chuba will flourish as a #10 behind Osimhen and Moffi (though I would rather we try the 352 formation). Until the likes of Eberechi Eze fully declare for Nigeria, Chuba is currently our best option as a CAM, Iwobi can provide creativity and balance from deep.
He can score, but how is his

Passing range
Football IQ
Dribbling ability

If those are not above average, he will be a useless player for us.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:37 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:31 pm

He can score, but how is his

Passing range
Football IQ
Dribbling ability

If those are not above average, he will be a useless player for us.
VE,

I don't want to be the one to shrine Akpom so that you won't call me a player agent, i won't just "hype" this lad if I didn't do my complete homework on his overall quality, Akpom is a product of the Hale end academy straight from Arsenal, so you should know he's of the Arsene Wenger breed of players who are cerebral and technically sound.

For a better and unbiased context, visit the Middlesbrough fans forum to see how highly they rate him. They consider him as one of the most technical players that has ever played for them, you can't bag 16 goals in a very competitive and tense championship playing as an attacking midfielder (not even as a striker) if there's no quality in your game.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... ro9wt4MMnc