Ndidi suffers knee ligament damage

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndidi suffers knee ligament damage

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:29 pm
Cellular wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:03 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:21 am https://www.google.com/amp/s/soccernet. ... y.html/amp

Omeruo has also been our with a groin injury for a few weeks.

Aina ain't seen a referee since Afcon.

Troost is a regular DNP

The most important question now is , How can we convince the Nigeria railway corporation to open up the route Eguavoen was taking about? Wahala dey o' :scared:
Ndidi is a BIG time loss.

He is a tenacious winner of the ball and most times does it without fouling. I expect the coaching crew to make the necessary adjustments which will include putting more bodies in central midfield. They need a ball winner and one who has the lungs of Ndidi.

He won't be easy to replace but I hope the other players pick up the slack.

We already replaced him once, successfully I might add vs Cape Verde on the road.
Agreed. But tougher opponents this time…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:44 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:21 am https://www.google.com/amp/s/soccernet. ... y.html/amp

Troost is a regular DNP

The most important question now is , How can we convince the Nigeria railway corporation to open up the route Eguavoen was taking about? Wahala dey o' :scared:

He is a tenacious winner of the ball and most times does it without fouling. I expect the coaching crew to make the necessary adjustments which will include putting more bodies in central midfield. They need a ball winner and one who has the lungs of Ndidi.

We already replaced him once, successfully I might add vs Cape Verde on the road.

And a more experience Bonke from his debut...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:18 pm

Troost is a regular DNP

Hopefully he gets invited.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Troost is a regular DNP

Bonke? Do you know something we don't? Isn't it Onazi up next?

This will be a completely different game from Cape Verde. A derby game with the World Cup ticket on the line in front of a hostile crowd in Kumasi and an expectant crowd in Abuja.

I fear for us. We will have to make do with Etebo, Onyeka and Aribo. If one of these 3 have to sub off we are in further danger.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:17 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:12 pm
aykwes8 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:25 pmEtebo?
Automatic for the people.

Aina. Awazien. Balogun zaidu

Etebo. Onyeka

Aribo

Chuks. Osihmen. Simon
Sharap dia you dey feed ya enemy our secrets lol
You mean the ghanaian coach will come to CE to steal the highly guarded secret of Kongi's lineup? :lol: :lol:
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Schillachi wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:01 pm
maceo4 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:17 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:12 pm
aykwes8 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:25 pmEtebo?
Automatic for the people.

Aina. Awazien. Balogun zaidu

Etebo. Onyeka

Aribo

Chuks. Osihmen. Simon
Sharap dia you dey feed ya enemy our secrets lol
You mean the ghanaian coach will come to CE to steal the highly guarded secret of Kongi's lineup? :lol: :lol:
Dem don hire spies o :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:53 pm

Troost is a regular DNP

This will be a completely different game from Cape Verde. A derby game with the World Cup ticket on the line in front of a hostile crowd in Kumasi and an expectant crowd in Abuja.

I fear for us. We will have to make do with Etebo, Onyeka and Aribo. If one of these 3 have to sub off we are in further danger.

I like to think we are not that callous to bring in Onazi.

He's more than holding his own in Ligue 1 atm
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

txj wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:26 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:53 pm

Troost is a regular DNP

I like to think we are not that callous to bring in Onazi.

He's more than holding his own in Ligue 1 atm
To me and you, yes but Onazi is who's on the standby list not Bonke.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

“Wilfred Ndidi, we just have to assess. He picked up an injury that might keep him out for a few weeks, which is a shame." - Brendan Rogers
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... di-6828073
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Troost is a regular DNP

Bonke was his replacement in that match but he is not even on standby this time around.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

In case we've forgotten, here is the list.

I think we have capable replacements for Ndidi on the List. I personally think Ajayi can play that role as well.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I would call Awaziem to replace Ndidi and move Ajayi to midfield.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:36 pm I would call Awaziem to replace Ndidi and move Ajayi to midfield.
You always talk like someone with a brain concussion, why should we move a natural playing defender into an unfamiliar midfield position especially in a very crucial game? why not just call up Bonke or any of the defensive mids around to replace Ndidi if he doesn't make it... guy na wa for you ooo
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So let's see... You want to just call up a random player not on the standby list to replace replace an injured player on the list? That must be how it works in coocoo land where you rule supreme.
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:18 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:36 pm I would call Awaziem to replace Ndidi and move Ajayi to midfield.
You always talk like someone with a brain concussion, why should we move a natural playing defender into an unfamiliar midfield position especially in a very crucial game? why not just call up Bonke or any of the defensive mids around to replace Ndidi if he doesn't make it... guy na wa for you ooo
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:27 pm So let's see... You want to just call up a random player not on the standby list to replace replace an injured player on the list? That must be how it works in coocoo land where you rule supreme.
Bonke isn't an unfamiliar face, he has played in a crucial qualifier game under Rohr and didn't do badly, he now plays in a decent French league... why can't he be called up considering his good form? why are some of you so rigid and one dimensional?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:36 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:27 pm So let's see... You want to just call up a random player not on the standby list to replace replace an injured player on the list? That must be how it works in coocoo land where you rule supreme.
Bonke isn't an unfamiliar face, he has played in a crucial qualifier game under Rohr and didn't do badly, he now plays in a decent French league... why can't he be called up considering his good form? why are some of you so rigid and one dimensional?
https://www.transfermarkt.us/chidozie-a ... ler/358143

Ots a generally known fact that Awaziem , though a CD , can and played played DM for his club in the past including Nantes and FC Porto. Onku is right on this.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Again, is Bonke on the standby list? Or you want to use open eye to call him up?
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:36 pm
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Really really sad for Ndidi. He's a master at his position, and the world won't get to see him for a few months
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

it wouldn't be the first time that a player NOT ON STANDBY was called to replace a player. its been done many times, I think we have even done it before.

It just shows that the original callups are not even based on merit.

Some players are listed on "standby" just to boost their profile, and they are never inteded as a legit backup option. I suspect Onazi is one of those players. I would be shocked if Egu truly called him up. I hope to God Egu is not foolish enough to actually consider him an option.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Out for a few weeks. Max 10 days
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

?? A few weeks or maximum 10 days. Which is it?
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:15 am Out for a few weeks. Max 10 days