Shehu Abdullahi could be X factor

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Shehu Abdullahi could be X factor

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I know.. I know.... he's plays in Cyprus, he's a northerner and a Muslim. Definitely not a favorite on CE and maybe the 2nd most hated SE player after Musa. But, considering how thin we are in MF, if the game turns out to be a grind it wouldn't surprise me if Eguavoen turns to shehu in the 2nd half.

Shehu is a natural MF/CM that can play RB, has a high work rate and can also shoot from distance. We've forgotten now but Shehu provided the assist that took us to the last WC. He's not flashy but has always done a decent job when called upon. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he started the game in a 4231 next to Bonke/Onyeaka. It's very possible.
OCCUPY NFF!!
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Shehu Abdullahi could be X factor

Post by nemi2002 »

Who hates him?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I bet he won’t even make the match day squad.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

nemi2002 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:48 am Who hates him?
Don't mind Kongi. The guy is playing at an abysmally low level. There are just too many guys above him that should be in the NT. He has done well when called up, after a while, you just have to look at the fact that his club form/level is not improving.

This has nothing to do with being a Northerner.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

nemi2002 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:48 am Who hates him?
Please help me ask. You guys should stop pushing this ethnic/tribal narrative. Sometimes, people just don’t like a player.

I actually think the fullback positions are stacked. We have so much quality in those spots (left and right), it’s hard for me to pick one. Even my favorite player in that spot (Ebuehi), I don’t know if I’d pick him if I was selecting an 11.

Shehu is a good, solid player. He does his job well, but is he the best? No. And Rohr discriminated against him cause of the quality of his club. I actually think he’s a solid player. Just not the best
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:24 am I know.. I know.... he's plays in Cyprus, he's a northerner and a Muslim. Definitely not a favorite on CE and maybe the 2nd most hated SE player after Musa. But, considering how thin we are in MF, if the game turns out to be a grind it wouldn't surprise me if Eguavoen turns to shehu in the 2nd half.

Shehu is a natural MF/CM that can play RB, has a high work rate and can also shoot from distance. We've forgotten now but Shehu provided the assist that took us to the last WC. He's not flashy but has always done a decent job when called upon. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he started the game in a 4231 next to Bonke/Onyeaka. It's very possible.
They should just stop using him as a stop gap at RB and jut let him play his CM jejele cos he's quite good at that role and I don't thin Semi plays better than him in midfield anyway
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

What a daft thread
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

:shock:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:17 pm What a daft thread
expecting anything different from the daft thread opener?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I have been the number one person on this forum calling out the useless call ups of Shehu and Musa.

People said he is a good "utility player"

What did he bring ? a few misplaced passes.

How is he any better than Nwobodo, Alhassan, Ejaria, Onyedika.