Uzoho, Balogun, and Aina!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Uzoho, Balogun, and Aina!

Post by 1naija »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

They were by far our best players. Aina has been our most consistent player the past year and half.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Uzoho, Balogun, and Aina!

Post by maceo4 »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I did not watch the match but I disagree!
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Grow up. You are 76 for crying out loud.
YemiBrazil wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:47 pm I did not watch the match but I disagree!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Yes, the young shall grow :mrgreen:
1naija wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:50 pm Grow up.
YemiBrazil wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:47 pm I did not watch the match but I disagree!
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Aina in particular was very good. That acceleration na wa, and that pass to Aribo, deserved better.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Aina is prime to be a wingback in a 3-5-2 setup.

Ebuehi is right there behind him.

Zaidu, Collins & maybe Bassey are ready on the other side.

Hopefully Egu sees this glaring fact and drops this archaic 424/442. Once you see it, you can plan against it. It worked against Egypt for the first time and inferior opposition like Guinea Bissau and Sudan.
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Still in shock that Egu insists on playing Nacho in a 4-4-2 set up & can't read that the midfield will be overrun. This is not 1994 for goodness sakes!!! Etebo-Aribo-Bonke or Onyeka midfield 3 will give you balance and free Osimhen up top. Pairing Osimhen & Nach is a cluster
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:43 pm :clap: :clap: :clap:

They were by far our best players. Aina has been our most consistent player the past year and half.
Watched the game and not once did I worry about the goalkeeping.

Aina is a top player for us... adjusted so well to African footie. We will even see a more dynamic play for him when he gets a midfielder in front of him who can cover for him when he makes his runs.

I love seeing him overlap... I like the confidence and swagger.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

fledy wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:20 pm Still in shock that Egu insists on playing Nacho in a 4-4-2 set up & can't read that the midfield will be overrun. This is not 1994 for goodness sakes!!! Etebo-Aribo-Bonke or Onyeka midfield 3 will give you balance and free Osimhen up top. Pairing Osimhen & Nach is a cluster
His excuse (and understandably) is that he hasn’t had a chance to try out other formations, so he’s just keeping with the formation the players were used to from the previous coach.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:22 pm

Watched the game and not once did I worry about the goalkeeping.

Aina is a top player for us... adjusted so well to African footie. We will even see a more dynamic play for him when he gets a midfielder in front of him who can cover for him when he makes his runs.

I love seeing him overlap... I like the confidence and swagger.
Uzoho better start the second leg o!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

If I see that stupid 4-2-4 formation on tuesday i will just switch off the TV and go to the gym.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

fledy wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:20 pm Still in shock that Egu insists on playing Nacho in a 4-4-2 set up & can't read that the midfield will be overrun. This is not 1994 for goodness sakes!!! Etebo-Aribo-Bonke or Onyeka midfield 3 will give you balance and free Osimhen up top. Pairing Osimhen & Nach is a cluster
You are looking at:
a)4 - 3 -3

b)4 -3 -2 -1

c)4 -3 - 1- 2
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:32 pm If I see that stupid 4-2-4 formation on tuesday i will just switch off the TV and go to the gym.
Lmao, without the ball, he probably wants Samu and or Simon, to tuck in and help Aribo and Bonke. So, if the ball is on Samu's side, he should help his wingback, while Simon tucks in and makes it a 3 man midfield.

It clearly will never work, Samu doesn't have a defensive instinct in his body, and Simon, though willing is too lightweight.

He needs to make things as simple as possible for these guys as far as I'm concerned. He is asking way too much of Aribo, Bonke, Simon and Samu, especially as Kele seems always to be in his own Senior man world.
Last edited by airwolex on Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

I agree 100% All the other players seems to run aimlessly around the pitch. It is disgusting to watch.
But for the facta that this Ghanaian team are themselves piss poor, we would have chop goals. Osimhen was left all alone in the front. Simon lost possession so much you think he's in a trance. They have now put themselves under severe pressure. We cannot afford any score draw in Abuja.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

furiously frank wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:43 pm

I agree 100% All the other players seems to run aimlessly around the pitch. It is disgusting to watch.
But for the facta that this Ghanaian team are themselves piss poor, we would have chop goals. Osimhen was left all alone in the front. Simon lost possession so much you think he's in a trance. They have now put themselves under severe pressure. We cannot afford any score draw in Abuja.
Troost to a good extent performed well too. But when defenders become your star players because they keep needing to make last ditch interceptions, then your tactics aren't working too well.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Dude, it is criminal that Uzoho isn't our number one goalkeeping! Men, ThankGod he was in goal today!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Undertaker wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:29 am Dude, it is criminal that Uzoho isn't our number one goalkeeping! Men, ThankGod he was in goal today!
Man If GQ model was in goal na at least 2 goals we for chop today.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Uzoho is a boss
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

bret- hart wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:35 am
Undertaker wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:29 am Dude, it is criminal that Uzoho isn't our number one goalkeeping! Men, ThankGod he was in goal today!

we do NOT have a GK problem.
problem we have is with scapegoaters...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

txj wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:51 am
bret- hart wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:35 am

we do NOT have a GK problem.
problem we have is with scapegoaters...
Someone thought I was crazy for saying Uzoho is the right goalkeeper for a game like this - just a day or two ago. With a Okoye in goal today we would have lost. Easy to see. The way we defended decently at the AFCON, Eguavoen’s team would have kept a clean sheet to the final with Uzoho in goal instead of Okoye. Call me crazy but I’m only an objective astute observer.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:27 pm
His excuse (and understandably) is that he hasn’t had a chance to try out other formations, so he’s just keeping with the formation the players were used to from the previous coach.
that is a dumb excuse and its not even true.

Rohr played 433 many times.

If a coach cannot play different formations what the foc* is he a coach for ? Is this amateur night, like wtf do these guys do in training ? I've never heard anything so stupid.

local coaches suck balls man.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Uzoho, Balogun, Aina

Bonke looked good too tbh, full of energy, I take back his "bricklayer" status. Decent backup to Ndidi.

THE BAD

Chuks and Simon have been poor, but its more an indictment of the foolish Egu and his stupid 442.

Nacho doesn't do enough to be a starter, he is minus one.

Egu is a piss poor clueless coach. I have to keep saying it. An outdated dinosaur.