Post match conference

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg
Post match conference

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Post match conference

Post by jette1 »

Trost the truth
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

proclaimjesus02 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:31 am
Great result :clap: :clap: :clap: Now, lets make home count.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:11 am
...what home? It's 11 v 11 on the field, no fans on the stands will come down to help the 11 SE players on the field.
At Kumasi both sides were piss poor, especially Ghana who dominated but could not covert.
What we have going is to psychologically defeat them for not being able score at their own field.
If the other Ayew brother is available for Tuesday, we definitely in hot trouble.
Our missing better player, Wilfred Ndidi, will not be there.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

mcal wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:55 am
...what home? It's 11 v 11 on the field, no fans on the stands will come down to help the 11 SE players on the field.
At Kumasi both sides were piss poor, especially Ghana who dominated but could not covert.
What we have going is to psychologically defeat them for not being able score at their own field.
If the other Ayew brother is available for Tuesday, we definitely in hot trouble.
You are not thinking straight...lol. What other Ayew brother are you talking about? Baba calm down. We are going home. We are going to be okay.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Robbynice wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:31 am
You are not thinking straight...lol. What other Ayew brother are you talking about? Baba calm down. We are going home. We are going to be okay.
...the one on suspension, a red card from Afcon.
Is he not related to the one who played yesterday?
And how long is the red card suspension, one game or two?
Btw, their attacking right flanker was doing damage to our left back defenders, dribbling, and cutting in. Fast too.
Fingers seriously crossed for the second leg.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

You panic a lot. We have been involved in tight world cup situations before and found a way to get needed result. They will eke out a win. I don't expect it to be pretty.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Away goals rule means it can't be a great result...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ghana could not score at home, so what makes you think they will score away?
txj wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:15 pm

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

mcal wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:15 pm
Btw, their attacking right flanker was doing damage to our left back defenders, dribbling, and cutting in. Fast too.
Yeah who was that guy? He really has a close control which made it difficult for our players to take the ball from him.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Sigh. Another one. 0-0 away from home is not a great result.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

1naija wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:05 pm Ghana could not score at home, so what makes you think they will score away?

Football is not mathematics.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Where do you see +, ×, ÷ , - , or = in my statement?
Synopsis wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:40 pm
1naija wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:05 pm Ghana could not score at home, so what makes you think they will score away?

Football is not mathematics.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Check the date again. This is not 1970

Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Troost said the pitch was poor, very dry which made moving the ball quickly difficult. Missing two sitters (Aribo & Simon). Victor had several shouts for a pen being hacked in the box with the ref turning a blind eye. At lest one should have resulted in VAR check. The refs in Africa are very poor letting a lot of fouls go unpunished yesterday. The stats had nigeria committed more fouls than Ghana but they were the more physical and only physical player were had was Aina.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Flex Swift wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:31 pm Troost said the pitch was poor, very dry which made moving the ball quickly difficult. Missing two sitters (Aribo & Simon). Victor had several shouts for a pen being hacked in the box with the ref turning a blind eye. At lest one should have resulted in VAR check. The refs in Africa are very poor letting a lot of fouls go unpunished yesterday. The stats had nigeria committed more fouls than Ghana but they were the more physical and only physical player were had was Aina.
I love that Victor’s “miss” is now a “sitter”. CE an wah!
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Please sir, can you remind me of these chances that Ghana had but "could not convert" thank you.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

bushboy wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:04 pm
Please sir, can you remind me of these chances that Ghana had but "could not convert" thank you.
...we were all sitting on the edge of our collective seats, including you I bet. Thank God their ineptness, they did not score.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

MYMIND wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:11 pm
You panic a lot. We have been involved in tight world cup situations before and found a way to get needed result. They will eke out a win. I don't expect it to be pretty.
...fingers crossed my brother, e no go dey easy.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

waka-man wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:34 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:31 pm Troost said the pitch was poor, very dry which made moving the ball quickly difficult. Missing two sitters (Aribo & Simon). Victor had several shouts for a pen being hacked in the box with the ref turning a blind eye. At lest one should have resulted in VAR check. The refs in Africa are very poor letting a lot of fouls go unpunished yesterday. The stats had nigeria committed more fouls than Ghana but they were the more physical and only physical player were had was Aina.
I love that Victor’s “miss” is now a “sitter”. CE an wah!
Is that what you took away from my post?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

mcal wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:21 pm
bushboy wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:04 pm
...we were all sitting on the edge of our collective seats, including you I bet. Thank God their ineptness, they did not score.
My question was specific sir. Can you please list these chances that they failed to score due to their "ineptness." Thanks agian.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

Just listening to some of the comments here, some of you need hot slaps!!
No Escape
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

mcal wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:15 pm
Stop displaying your fears, you're on your own. You don't go into war with your mindset. Or into the ring in fear of being hit.
No Escape