Post match conference

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Post match conference

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:15 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:11 am
proclaimjesus02 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:31 am
Great result :clap: :clap: :clap: Now, lets make home count.

Away goals rule means it can't be a great result...
Txj

It is a great result because I anticipate Nigeria wins at hoome. Would losing 1-2 in Kumasi have been a great result even with an away goal? I do not think sdo. A 0-0 away is a good result because a home game is always an advantage. Check trhe histortical record of Nigeria or most teams. There is a reason why a win probability is higher at home.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:29 am

Txj

It is a great result because I anticipate Nigeria wins at hoome. Would losing 1-2 in Kumasi have been a great result even with an away goal? I do not think sdo. A 0-0 away is a good result because a home game is always an advantage. Check trhe histortical record of Nigeria or most teams. There is a reason why a win probability is higher at home.

In the modern game, with the additional factor of the away goals rule, it is NOT a great result.

It's not complicated.

Why not 6-1 while we are it? Why stop at 2?

A 2-1 result is a loss. And its completely inapplicable to the context, by any logical analysis...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Silver-Shadow wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:46 pm
mcal wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:15 pm
Robbynice wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:31 am
mcal wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:55 am
...what home? It's 11 v 11 on the field, no fans on the stands will come down to help the 11 SE players on the field.
At Kumasi both sides were piss poor, especially Ghana who dominated but could not covert.
What we have going is to psychologically defeat them for not being able score at their own field.
If the other Ayew brother is available for Tuesday, we definitely in hot trouble.
Our missing better player, Wilfred Ndidi, will not be there.
You are not thinking straight...lol. What other Ayew brother are you talking about? Baba calm down. We are going home. We are going to be okay.
...the one on suspension, a red card from Afcon.
Is he not related to the one who played yesterday?
And how long is the red card suspension, one game or two?
Btw, their attacking right flanker was doing damage to our left back defenders, dribbling, and cutting in. Fast too.
Fingers seriously crossed for the second leg.
Stop displaying your fears, you're on your own. You don't go into war with your mindset. Or into the ring in fear of being hit.
...concerns does not equal to fear. You sight and address your concerns to prevail.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:30 am

Txj

In the modern game, with the additional factor of the away goals rule, it is NOT a great result.

It's not complicated.

A 2-1 result is a loss. And its completely inapplicable to the context, by any logical analysis...
A modern game still has not eliminated a home game.

May I ask, if it does not matter why was the fame not scheduled to be a one off game played in Nigeria. Afrerall, according to you playing at home does not matter. Bros, find out why home teams generally win. That tells you why it matters. I hope it dies because it seems that you are unaware why playing at home matters.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:40 pm

Txj

It's not complicated.

May I ask, if it does not matter why was the fame not scheduled to be a one off game played in Nigeria. Afrerall, according to you playing at home does not matter. Bros, find out why home teams generally win. That tells you why it matters. I hope it dies because it seems that you are unaware why playing at home matters.

You are not paying attention and thus arguing blindly. Its not a discussion about home advantage. Its strictly about the description of a 0-0 as a "great result".

A 0-0 is not a great result, but its not a bad one either.

The reason its not a great result is not cus home advantage has suddenly disappeared in football. In fact, its the home advantage that makes it not a bad result...

But its not a great result because it also comes with added pressure of a must win, thus offering less flexibility in tactics, while giving the road team the option to sit back in a low block and counter, knowing that any goal they score counts double.

In otherwords, you still have to make the home advantage count and not become a burden, which I FULLY expect Nigeria to do. This is not a good Ghana team, irrespective of the social media noise...

A 1-1 or 0-1 result on the other hand transfers all the pressure to the road team cus of the away goal rule.

What the long statement is in effect saying is that a 1-1 result is a better result than a 0-0 draw...

This is pretty straightforward...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The Ghanian Gaffer's take..
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

txj wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:26 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:40 pm

Txj

It's not complicated.

You are not paying attention and thus arguing blindly. Its not a discussion about home advantage. Its strictly about the description of a 0-0 as a "great result".

A 0-0 is not a great result, but its not a bad one either.

The reason its not a great result is not cus home advantage has suddenly disappeared in football. In fact, its the home advantage that makes it not a bad result...

But its not a great result because it also comes with added pressure of a must win, thus offering less flexibility in tactics, while giving the road team the option to sit back in a low block and counter, knowing that any goal they score counts double.

In otherwords, you still have to make the home advantage count and not become a burden, which I FULLY expect Nigeria to do. This is not a good Ghana team, irrespective of the social media noise...

A 1-1 or 0-1 result on the other hand transfers all the pressure to the road team cus of the away goal rule.

What the long statement is in effect saying is that a 1-1 result is a better result than a 0-0 draw...

This is pretty straightforward...
Bros all this one na story, if we can't handle our business in Abuja with all the crowd and home advantage factors, then we simply don't deserve to be in Qatar... it's that SIMPLE, forget all these captain obvious technicalities
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Mr Shows wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:58 pm

The Ghanian Gaffer's take..
A reporter asked a very Breda-like question: " coach you said there was going to be a surprise. What exactly was the surprise in this match?" Otto Addo absolutely loses it on this reporter. the GFA official was telling him easy easy :lol:
One of the so-called surprises was playing three Defenders at the back. Our technical crew actually saw this as a weakness and in the second half put pressure on their back line, by trying to outnumber them. One of this resulted in the penalty shout and the other one in Moses Simon's one-on-one. That's one thing we can at least give our coaches credit for.
AYALA
Egg
Egg

Post by AYALA »

This is all 2011 Qlympic qualification again, where Ghana defeated Eguavoun's dream team by 2 goalz to zero in Accra, and lost by 3 goals in Nigeria but lucky to score a goal. Ghana u23 qualified and Equavoun's dream team did not.

I hope history would not repeat itself on Tuesday.
no shaking
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

AYALA wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:13 am This is all 2011 Qlympic qualification again, where Ghana defeated Eguavoun's dream team by 2 goalz to zero in Accra, and lost by 3 goals in Nigeria but lucky to score a goal. Ghana u23 qualified and Equavoun's dream team did not.

I hope history would not repeat itself on Tuesday.
Do you even know the history you are referring to or you just felt the need to drop something acting like you know what you are talking about. Anyways let me educate you. First of all the first leg of that qualifiers was played in Nigeria where we won 3-1. After that victory, most of the players that played the first game had to return to their base and we prosecuted the second leg with mostly home based played. Only 3 players from the team that played the first leg played in the second leg in Ghana and we lost 2-0 in Ghana. No need to twist history to fit your agenda.

Wish our boys the best in Abuja on Tuesday and support the team 100%.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Moses Simon 'They will take it'... Won ma gba :D
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

This is how a professional manager speaks about the game.

Cholo Simeone post CL game today:

"It's nice to see City play, the patience they have to play. In the same way that they talked about being patient at half-time, waiting for their moment, we also waited for it. With different weapons, we were both looking for the same thing".