STARTING LINEUP

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: STARTING LINEUP

Post by Lolly »

gochino wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:48 pm
deanotito wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:05 pm Uzoho; Aina, Bassey, Troost-Ekong, Balogun; Etebo, Onyeka, Aribo; Lookman, Dennis, Osimhen

I am beside myself. God help us. I pray
Is it not risky to start Bassey for the first time in such a crucial game? He was beaten for pace a couple of times in the last game
It appears Sanusi is injured.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Actually excited about this lineup, hopefully Bassey will be a little more cautious given how he was skinned for pace. But he might provide more of an attacking threat, even though I thought Sanusi was quite good and should have retained his place...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I would have preferred Collins to Bassey but the coaches know best why they didn't invite Collins. God dey.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Seems better balanced than that awful 442 he was playing previously.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:37 pm Actually excited about this lineup, hopefully Bassey will be a little more cautious given how he was skinned for pace. But he might provide more of an attacking threat, even though I thought Sanusi was quite good and should have retained his place...
Sanusi is injured.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:33 pm
adeaderije wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:13 pm Decent adjustments, I would have preferred Simon starting though.
Same here.
why so he can play the same clueless and brainless football he has been playing FOR YEARS.

Hell no.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:43 pm
adeaderije wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:13 pm Decent adjustments, I would have preferred Simon starting though.
Same here.
why so he can play the same clueless and brainless football he has been playing FOR YEARS.

Hell no.
VE, I hope you are happy about this lineup and won't be wishing death on anybody :tic:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Same here.

Hell no.
Calm down bro. He was arguably our best player at AFCON.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Same here.
why, exactly what does he bring to the team
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

My head says this is a better line up. The 4-4-2 thing got found out after Egypt.

But formation is just something journalists write about. The ability of the team to deliver on the day is a big question. This is essentially a wholesale change from the Afcon, with only Aribo, Aina and Ekong keeping their places. That’s a lot of advantage to give up.

Good luck Eagles.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:46 pm
Same here.

Hell no.
VE, I hope you are happy about this lineup and won't be wishing death on anybody :tic:
:lol:

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Same here.

Hell no.
You think so? He will soon complain about the lineup
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

waka-man wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:53 pm My head says this is a better line up. The 4-4-2 thing got found out after Egypt.

But formation is just something journalists write about. The ability of the team to deliver on the day is a big question. This is essentially a wholesale change from the Afcon, with only Aribo, Aina and Ekong keeping their places. That’s a lot of advantage to give up.

Good luck Eagles.
We got thrown out at thr round f 16 at AFCON. So there's no advantage being lost. You can't lose continuity when you were losing prior.

Based on the tools on hand, this is probably the best line up save for Simon and Zaidu (fitness issues).

Also, a very well respected journo in Abuja just sent me a text saying the players asked for a formation change.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Robbynice wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:31 pm
highbury wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:18 pm I don't care who is in the line up. I could care less if they are 11 Vancity Eagles, I wish the team success and good luck. Will be cheering for them from my big screen
Short and simple!
Kpom. Missing the game. At work. Will be taking a peek at CE for scores. Please update frequently if you can. Much love to the SE
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

sabb wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:51 pm
Same here.
why, exactly what does he bring to the team
He is not afraid to take on defenders. And he adds pace to our game. Most of the others can be sluggish.

Also, I don’t have to tell you that he is still our most dangerous midfielder.

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:57 pm
Same here.

Hell no.
Complaints loading….

1) Egu’s in-game adjustment sucks
2) local coaches are useless
3) we only beat Ghana by 1-0
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

packerland wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:07 pm Complaints loading….

Dey dem free Packerland from MILF captivity :woot: :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

packerland wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:07 pm
Same here.

Hell no.
Complaints loading….

From Bushboy: Osimhen did not score a hat trick in a big game. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

packerland wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:07 pm
Same here.

Hell no.
Complaints loading….

No matter what happens Eguavoen should be replaced. He doesn't have what it takes to do well at the WC nor take us into the future. Give him his desk job back.
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

If this is real then Eguavoen has ceded his authority to the press and fans. I fear for Nigeria. A place at the World Cup is looking really bleak❗️

Cheers.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:10 pm If this is real then Eguavoen has ceded his authority to the press and fans. I fear for Nigeria. A place at the World Cup is looking really bleak❗️

Cheers.
Is it difficult for you to have a positive mindset?
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Ugbowo wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:04 pm
waka-man wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:53 pm My head says this is a better line up. The 4-4-2 thing got found out after Egypt.

Good luck Eagles.
We got thrown out at thr round f 16 at AFCON. So there's no advantage being lost. You can't lose continuity when you were losing prior.

Based on the tools on hand, this is probably the best line up save for Simon and Zaidu (fitness issues).

Also, a very well respected journo in Abuja just sent me a text saying the players asked for a formation change.
Like I said, I think it’s a better line up. Although I’m alarmed that player power might be the instigation.

We lost by a goal to leave Afcon early. Bad result, but teams lose games. The other way to talk about this is this team has conceded only 2 goals in 5 games.

But again, this line up makes more sense with energy in the middle and more space for Osimhen to operate in.

Good luck Eagles.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

MYMIND wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:13 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:10 pm If this is real then Eguavoen has ceded his authority to the press and fans. I fear for Nigeria. A place at the World Cup is looking really bleak❗️

Cheers.
Is it difficult for you to have a positive mindset?
What’s my mindset got to do with you? You better stay in your lane❗️

Cheers.