NIGERIA 1 VS GHANA 1 - ABUJA game thread

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA 1 VS GHANA 1 - ABUJA game thread

Post by Orion »

oscar52 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:00 pm Rohr wasnty going to do anything at the WC anyway but this Eguavoen guy is the snatching defeat out of victory kind of coach, these game was there for the taking. I was screaming that Aribo that plays like he has two left legs is not the right choice and combined with Aina, it was always going to be a pedestrian game cause both are lazy type of players but Aribo much worse. Oh well, another keeper howler, probably dozed off like all the other players and fans included by the snooze fest. Half of these players need to go including 90% of the foreign born players - they just cant play to the high level of naija footy and thats was why the stadium was quiet, what they were seeing was foreign to them and a snooze quality at that.
What do you expect any coach to do with this set of players? With this group of players, it was always going to be a first-round exit. Anything more than that would've been a bonus. Folks are just in denial regarding the quality of our players.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Chai ! As we yab Ghana reach, they sacked coach after us and still beat us ..this thing painful no be small
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

Oliseh, come finish the job you started!!!
No Escape
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

blueangel wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:04 pm It's all very Painfully Over Now.
Many guys will reach retirement age by the next time around.
is there anything good in, from and by Nigeria ?
Gaddem
And like Musa, those guys will tell us that it is our culture for old worthless players to retire at a world cup, so we must carry all of them to world cup. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Midfield Midfield Midfield
When you expect your 2 CBs to be the ball carrier for your team then you're already on your way down
3 CMs and you leave the ball to the CBs to distribute
Our midfielders are scared of the ball mehn
They will come in and in the first 5 mins pretend like they ready to hang but once settled, they fade into the background, nonsense
useless bunch
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:25 pm
Enyi wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:23 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:20 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:20 pm
Orion wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:13 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:07 pm Congratulations to Ghana.

Well earned qualification.
No. You gave it to them by calling for the sacking of the coach who has been achieving all objectives with the team for the past 2+ years.
**** was rightly sacked.

His replacement was worse.

The fact that his replacement was worse does not negate the fact that **** needed to be sacked.

BTW, look at Ghana... they sacked their coach and were able to secure qualification because they hired the right replacement.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
With Chris Houghton as TA he was able to call on the kid from Roma and the Ex Belgian players to come onboard….no pictures for Twitter…. Got it done…..

Ours went to London for dinner
Better administration and planning from Ghana ultimately got them the ticket. Watch picnic will still keep his place though he's completely effed everything up...
Exactly….we keep making the same mistakes hoping for a better result.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

By next world cup year man will be old already, at least if we get it right we can try win an AFCON before then.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA VS GHANA - ABUJA game thread

Post by bamenda boy »

Odas wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:27 pm Qatar, here we (Nigeria) come(s). Today na today. Ghana go see Pepper, dat's all
:taunt:
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Eguavoen is rubbish
❌ 2012 AFCON Qualifiers
❌ 2012 Olympics Qualifiers
❌ 2021 AFCON Round of 16
❌ 2022 FIFA World Cup Playoffs
In 4 attempts Augustine Eguavoen has failed Nigeria when it mattered most.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Pinick Amaju na so so Igrish him dey speak.

Probably the worst NFA chair ever.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ojafranpa wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:02 pm Eguavoen is rubbish
❌ 2012 AFCON Qualifiers
❌ 2012 Olympics Qualifiers
❌ 2021 AFCON Round of 16
❌ 2022 FIFA World Cup Playoffs
In 4 attempts Augustine Eguavoen has failed Nigeria when it mattered most.
You forgot to add the dumbbb penalty he cost us at USA '94 vs. Italy.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Guys, could it be the the Super Eagles are not as good as you guys hype them up to be?
Sometimes I feel like Eguavan(sp) comes to Cyber Eagles to get his tactics. According to Cyber Eagles, the player not playing is always better than the one on the pitch. You guys forced him to change goalkeepers. Forced him to use x,y and z formations. This player is great this player is great. Bassey ey Bassey ey. That one is the next Oliseh.
This thing na for green grass football dey talk.
Can't believe a coach started with almost half the team that has never played together before.
I hope you guys can keep your coach for the long term.
Why can't Okocha run for NFF top spot if Pinnic is not up to it?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

bamenda boy wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:07 pm Guys, could it be the the Super Eagles are not as good as you guys hype them up to be?
Sometimes I feel like Eguavan(sp) comes to Cyber Eagles to get his tactics. According to Cyber Eagles, the player not playing is always better than the one on the pitch. You guys forced him to change goalkeepers. Forced him to use x,y and z formations. This player is great this player is great. Bassey ey Bassey ey. That one is the next Oliseh.
Can't believe a coach started with almost half the team that has never played together before.
...true, but when it comes to hype and loud mouth we are number one :thumbs: :thumbs:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bamenda boy wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:28 am
Odas wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:27 pm Qatar, here we (Nigeria) come(s). Today na today. Ghana go see Pepper, dat's all
I know! I was going to support Cameroon, but now you screwed it up. I will be supporting all Cameroon's opponents. Let's see who will laugh last
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:15 pm
I know! I was going to support Cameroon, but now you screwed it up. I will be supporting all Cameroon's opponents. Let's see who will laugh last
:rotf: Odaft! Always daft! You think your support on television actually influences games :lol: :lol: :lol:
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

mcal wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:12 pm
bamenda boy wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:07 pm Guys, could it be the the Super Eagles are not as good as you guys hype them up to be?
...true, but when it comes to hype and loud mouth we are number one :thumbs: :thumbs:
:rotf: :rotf: :lol:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Orion wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:31 pm
oscar52 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:00 pm Rohr wasnty going to do anything at the WC anyway but this Eguavoen guy is the snatching defeat out of victory kind of coach, these game was there for the taking. I was screaming that Aribo that plays like he has two left legs is not the right choice and combined with Aina, it was always going to be a pedestrian game cause both are lazy type of players but Aribo much worse. Oh well, another keeper howler, probably dozed off like all the other players and fans included by the snooze fest. Half of these players need to go including 90% of the foreign born players - they just cant play to the high level of naija footy and thats was why the stadium was quiet, what they were seeing was foreign to them and a snooze quality at that.
What do you expect any coach to do with this set of players? With this group of players, it was always going to be a first-round exit. Anything more than that would've been a bonus. Folks are just in denial regarding the quality of our players.
To me, the players are NOT good. They don't have the TENACITY to grind our results. How can anyone have thought we will DRAW Ghana at home after we had played 0-0 with them in their home?

Where is Saddam Hussein and Idi Amin when you need them.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Have you realized that most of us don't even support Cameruin? Before you would have had all of us analyzing here and there.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bamenda boy wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:28 pm
Have you realized that most of us don't even support Cameruin? Before you would have had all of us analyzing here and there.
Yeah, most of you don't support Cameroon because of the POLITICAL situation there, but still Caneroon must FALL.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:19 pm
:rotf: Odaft! Always daft! You think your support on television actually influences games :lol: :lol: :lol:
What an IDIIOT! You haven't learned your lesson yet? Do you think I don't know my support for a team, or against means nothing?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:33 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:19 pm
What an IDIIOT! You haven't learned your lesson yet? Do you think I don't know my support for a team, or against means nothing?
ODAFT! Dont let me expose your wretched life like I did the last time. see your rotten mouth like "I wont support you." :rotf: :rotf: talk about being a daft boy :lol: