THE GHOST OF GERNOT ROHR!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: THE GHOST OF GERNOT ROHR!

Post by Damunk »

icee wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:44 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:29 pm
Dammy wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:14 pm It turned out to be a big mistake! I apologise for calling for the sack of Baba Rohr, the man knew how to pick up qualification tickets.
Again, the sacking wasn't the problem because the team was trending in the wrong direction.

The problem was who replaced him.

Ask yourself why didn't Ghana retain their coach and made changes to prosecute this two-legged affair?

You cannot separate the decision to sack from the consequence of who will replace him. These decisions happen together. It is why some questioned that they would be ok sacking ROHR if and only if we get a better coach. There are tons of threads. These kinds of decisions and I reckon you know well are not isolated. Net positive outcomes. I am guilty too but both AFCON and WC is causing me to reflect on my own decision hygiene.
You are at east an honest man.
The vast majority are digging their heels in and have no intention of reflecting on their positions.
The arrogance of their campaign stank.
The sad thing is they won't 'learn'...because 'learning' is off the agenda. They turned learning into a taboo the moment Rohr used the word.

Shay they said we were "making excuses" for Rohr.
Oya now, excuses go plenti.
At least now we've got the exciting 'Nigerian' style we have been clamouring for, executed by two of the top 'local coaches' we are said to have "in abundance" and who will "avoid a disaster" Rohr was about to plunge us into.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Cellular wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:29 pm
Dammy wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:14 pm It turned out to be a big mistake! I apologise for calling for the sack of Baba Rohr, the man knew how to pick up qualification tickets.
Again, the sacking wasn't the problem because the team was trending in the wrong direction.

The problem was who replaced him.

Ask yourself why didn't Ghana retain their coach and made changes to prosecute this two-legged affair?
I agree.

But if you are going to sack him, YOU BERRA replace him with somebody better.

We replaced him with someone WORSE. So what do you expect ?

Look at the coaching crew Ghana employed. Otto Addo has coached in Germany, and they have Houghton as a technical advisor.

The NFF are frauds.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

imehjunior wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:19 pm Nigeria’s last two records before Gernot Rohr:
Failed to qualify for two consecutive AFCONS.

Nigeria with Rohr: AFCON semis, World Cup qualification, AFCON qualification.

Nigeria without Rohr: AFCON round of 16 exit, failed to qualify for World Cup.
Do you spot the common theme ?

3 Nigerian coaches were absolute FAILURES.

WE CANNOT HAVE A NIGERIAN COACH GOING FORWARD, NO FOCKING WAY !!!!
Egg
Egg

Post by 404 »

The entire NFF Board along with the coaching staff should resign oh I forgot it is the dysfunctional country called Nigeria where self respect and integrity counts for nothing…..watch the buffoons take cover only to emerge again!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Dammy wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:00 pm When I commented on the forum, that the SE under Eguavoen don't have the training equipment that we had under Rohr, the usual suspects like E11 and Fabio the know nothing were mocking me. Go and check videos of Ghana's training and you will see all the necessary equipment in place.
It's only a dinosaur that trains in this day and age using only cones. Otto Addo, the Ghanaian coach was a real coach with Dortmund before accepting the Ghana job. The difference between him and Eguavoen is as clear as night and day!
The lack tactical awareness couldn’t have improved by equipment ,Eguavoen was just a yes man that even let governors take up halftime team talks and got involved in training.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

In the video posted above, Pinnick claims, "...we have to get rid of Rohr before a disaster happens".
And so they got rid of the man, and two disasters happened - AFCON and Qatar 2022 exits.

Pinnick and his co-travelers are simply a bunch of hustlers. :ohmy: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

If Rohr were to come back, it would have to be on a transitional basis. Not long term. Not unless Naija are prepared to build from the ground up which hasn't happened under Pinnick. The real failure is Pinnik. Rohr lost interest when his contract terms were changed.
No Escape