THE GHOST OF GERNOT ROHR!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: THE GHOST OF GERNOT ROHR!

Post by charlie »

There is no ghost of Gerhot Rohr. There is only the ghost of Nigerian football fans collective stupidity. We lost by making the same freaking mistake we have made before over and over again.

The ghost of Nigerian stupidity continues to hunt us, will continue to do so, until we learn. It was Rohr today, it will be someone else in the future.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

The sacking WAS indeed the problem.
Cellular wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:29 pm
Dammy wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:14 pm It turned out to be a big mistake! I apologise for calling for the sack of Baba Rohr, the man knew how to pick up qualification tickets.
Again, the sacking wasn't the problem because the team was trending in the wrong direction.

The problem was who replaced him.

Ask yourself why didn't Ghana retain their coach and made changes to prosecute this two-legged affair?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:43 pm
Dammy wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:14 pm It turned out to be a big mistake! I apologise for calling for the sack of Baba Rohr, the man knew how to pick up qualification tickets.
Again, the sacking wasn't the problem because the team was trending in the wrong direction.

Ask yourself why didn't Ghana retain their coach and made changes to prosecute this two-legged affair?

1. The RESULTS were not trending in the wrong direction, cus we always achieved qualification or progressed towards it. The loss to CAR was NEVER significant. You cannot based major decisions on insignificant results...

2. The performance was very poor, but as a result of the pandemic, very few teams across the globe were posting good performances.

3. This is not to say we had a brilliant coach. We did not. But he was a steady hand. And we should've used AFCON as the real barometer for measuring where we were at under him.

4. We were not in same place as Ghana. Ghana was a stale team. Nigeria was a settled side. A settled squad with established players and a very good process for introducing new players.

5. In football the only time you do a restart is when you are stale. We were not stale, cus we were getting the results.

At the very least we should've given ourselves the AFCON as a platform for a strategic reassessment.
+1
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:35 pm
txj wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:43 pm

1. The RESULTS were not trending in the wrong direction, cus we always achieved qualification or progressed towards it. The loss to CAR was NEVER significant. You cannot based major decisions on insignificant results...

2. The performance was very poor, but as a result of the pandemic, very few teams across the globe were posting good performances.

3. This is not to say we had a brilliant coach. We did not. But he was a steady hand. And we should've used AFCON as the real barometer for measuring where we were at under him.

4. We were not in same place as Ghana. Ghana was a stale team. Nigeria was a settled side. A settled squad with established players and a very good process for introducing new players.

5. In football the only time you do a restart is when you are stale. We were not stale, cus we were getting the results.

At the very least we should've given ourselves the AFCON as a platform for a strategic reassessment.
+1
As always, TXJ nails it.
+1
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:06 pm The lad is drinking a good German lager laughing like an hyena, German swahili.
...I will drink with him, and doubly too.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

You cannot separate the decision to sack from the consequence of who will replace him. These decisions happen together. It is why some questioned that they would be ok sacking ROHR if and only if we get a better coach. There are tons of threads. These kinds of decisions and I reckon you know well are not isolated. Net positive outcomes. I am guilty too but both AFCON and WC is causing me to reflect on my own decision hygiene.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:18 pm
If you sack him, then get a better coach.

Ghana sacked their coach after AFCON, just 2 months away. And the guy managed to out coach Eguavoen over 2 legs.
...the thieves at the NFA have no money to payoff a coach, at the last minute they found one and complete money, by then it was too late to find a reputable coach.
We were all saying back then, but foools aplenty, their voices heard.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

You guys are pathetic. **** is gone. Move on.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:05 pm

Has come back to haunt Nigeria. A terrible decision was made to sack him under the guise of avoiding disaster but look what we have now. Shame on all those who collided to destroy our football.

Well.... look what we have now. A disaster that has nothing to do with Rohr. I expect Pinnick and the entire board to resign tonight.
:clap:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:57 pm You guys are pathetic. **** is gone. Move on.
What is truly pathetic is that dolo's like you will never learn your lesson. Rohr is gone, yes, but unfortunately Nigeria is stuck with bone-heads like you.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Otitokoro wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:33 pm The sacking WAS indeed the problem.

And Ghana’s sacking of their manager was not a problem.

What does that tell you? Ghana got a proper coach, we didn’t.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Since Gernot Rohr, the Super Eagles have suffered particularly in the area of physical fitness. It was the same in the AFCON when we could not match the physical superiority of Tunisia. From minute 60 tonight, our players were dead on their feet. The ghanaians kept their physicality throughout while our players kept away from the ball, tired out.

Our training sessions were a joke because all you saw were endless visitors treating the place like a holiday camp. Endless interviews and video cameras were forever shoved (by every man and his dog) into smiling faces of players who were meant to be getting mentally prepared for a war. We deserved what we got. Now we have 4 years to get it right. Pure rubbish!!!!!!!
You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:43 pm Yep looking very silly now. I didn’t like him but always said there was no grounds to fire him as he had met all his goals…at least let him go to ANC, if he doesn’t meet his target there then you have grounds to fire him…
My guy, it always looked very silly.
But if you pointed it out, you got abused.
I am so upset right now. Can't even talk...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:27 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:43 pm Yep looking very silly now. I didn’t like him but always said there was no grounds to fire him as he had met all his goals…at least let him go to ANC, if he doesn’t meet his target there then you have grounds to fire him…
My guy, it always looked very silly.
But if you pointed it out, you got abused.
I am so upset right now. Can't even talk...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: finally, only good thing today!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

This was all Equavoen 100%. A different players here and there and the result will be very different, he was hell bent on keeping the team that Rohr built and even worse introducing new foreign players in a WC playoffs.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:17 pm

You will never ever learn will you? I don tire. You are doomed to make this same mistake again.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

oscar52 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:30 pm This was all Equavoen 100%. A different players here and there and the result will be very different, he was hell bent on keeping the team that Rohr built and even worse introducing new foreign players in a WC playoffs.
There is plenty of fault to go around. No way it is 100% all on the coach. The players, the fans that called for Rohr's firing, and most importantly the NFF chairman and Sports minister. Yes plenty of fault to go around.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

charlie wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:33 pm There is no ghost of Gerhot Rohr. There is only the ghost of Nigerian football fans collective stupidity. We lost by making the same freaking mistake we have made before over and over again.

The ghost of Nigerian stupidity continues to hunt us, will continue to do so, until we learn. It was Rohr today, it will be someone else in the future.
Exactly.
This was argued COUNTLESS times - that we were "doing the same thing" YET AGAIN
But the even worse stupidity was coming from those who argued with an absolute arrogance that "this time it would be different".

All said, it is yet another milestone in our football history that in the future will be looked back on as YET ANOTHER national brain fart conducted with typical Nigerian bullishess.

Rohr is not laughing. He is probably crying for all those players who's dreams have now come to nothing.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:39 pm
charlie wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:33 pm There is no ghost of Gerhot Rohr. There is only the ghost of Nigerian football fans collective stupidity. We lost by making the same freaking mistake we have made before over and over again.

Exactly.
This was argued COUNTLESS times - that we were "doing the same thing" YET AGAIN
But the even worse stupidity was coming from those who argued with an absolute arrogance that "this time it would be different".

All said, it is yet another milestone in our football history that in the future will be looked back on as YET ANOTHER national brain fart conducted with typical Nigerian bullishess.

Rohr is not laughing. He is probably crying for all those players who's dreams have now come to nothing.
awwwww... your white master loves his black boys so much and he is crying :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: how dense can you be??? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: just wow! he is crying! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I have heard it all.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

charlie wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:34 pm
Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:17 pm

You will never ever learn will you? I don tire. You are doomed to make this same mistake again.
No, you won’t learn.

Ghana qualified for the World Cup today because they fired a coach who messed up at AFCON under 2 months ago and got a real coach.

And what did you Nigerians do? You fired a coach 5 months ago but decided to give the job to a paper pusher who last coached the SE 15 years ago. And has been a failure since.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

When I commented on the forum, that the SE under Eguavoen don't have the training equipment that we had under Rohr, the usual suspects like E11 and Fabio the know nothing were mocking me. Go and check videos of Ghana's training and you will see all the necessary equipment in place.
It's only a dinosaur that trains in this day and age using only cones. Otto Addo, the Ghanaian coach was a real coach with Dortmund before accepting the Ghana job. The difference between him and Eguavoen is as clear as night and day!
I am happy
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:18 pm
If you sack him, then get a better coach.

Ghana sacked their coach after AFCON, just 2 months away. And the guy managed to out coach Eguavoen over 2 legs.
Eguavoen it seems never learnt from the loss to Tunisia.

Our so called reporters are also to blame. Did they ever put these coaches and players on the spot with critical questions after the AFCON?

Eguavoen should have been made to answer what happened and what he took from the loss. Same with Moses Simon, Samu and other players. That's the only way to help them improve.

Just watching the Senegal v Egypt match and Senegal came out guns blazing like gang busters from minute 0 knowing they needed to win. Nigeria came out playing big man football passing the ball around their own half racking up meaningless possession stats and only upped the ante after Partey scored. Then they went back to slugging slow buildup after they equalised. Its like they felt all they needed was a draw to qualify.

Has anyone ever watched their training sessions cos every time I see them training they are either jogging or passing and playing keep ball or dribbling. It doesn't look like they work on playing at a fast pace. Always the passing around waiting for the opposition to come out of their shell.

It's all so frustrating. I've stopped watching Arsenal games for a few years now cos they've been disappointing and it was great for my peace of mind. I might have to do the same with th the super eagles.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This is trending in the right direction.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.