Not Surprised...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Not Surprised...

Post by Otitokoro »

Miss me yet?

Saddened but not surprised at this result. The writing was all over the wall. I had mentioned to EII in another thread that the Kumasi 0-0 tie was one of the worst outcomes Nigeria could have hoped for. Why? Because it put extra pressure on Nigeria, especially before their home fans.

For me, the two disasters this quarter were predictable. It all started with the galactically stupid decision by the imbecile of a sports minister, Dare and his moronic lackey, Pinnick, to fire Rohr and then embark on a campaign to unjustly 'Tar and Feather' the man. There was absolutely NO reason to do so, other than selfish and self centered reasons. Gullible Nigerians were fed stories about 'preventing a disaster'. Well, I wonder what the outcome of the AFCON and the World Cup are?

To make matters even worse, they mortgaged Nigeria's football objectives by bringing in Eguavoen, who, for those of us who remember, bungled the 2006 Afcon after playing supposedly 'beautiful football' in the group stages and then fumbled in the semis when it really mattered. Fast forward to 2022 - same scenario. Deja Vu all over again - got beat by a COVID ravaged Tunisia team and then got outcoached by a first time coach with a decimated squad over 2 legs. Lets face it - the man is a dullard, pure and simple. It was obvious then that he lacks the footballing intelligence to win big games. I still cannot get his WWF stupid take down of Gianfranco Zola in the 1994 WC R16 game vs Italy. He has done nothing to disprove the fact that he is that dumb in his coaching also.

Back to Rohr: you don't treat some like that in life and expect not to pay the consequences. The absolute disaster of our AFCON and Qatar WC campaigns can only be summed up in a phrase: Rohr's Revenge!

Karma is a b!Tch, innit?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: Not Surprised...

Post by Otitokoro »

Also, looking like Nigeria will be the only seeded country in Africa to miss this world cup, thanks to the three stooges: Dare, Pinnick and Eqguavoen.
What a bunch of morons!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

E11 and Fabio how now?
I am happy
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Dammy wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:44 pm E11 and Fabio how now?
They've all gone into hiding.
Expect them to pop up again when its time to fire someone else. Na dia speciality.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

charlie wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:00 pm
Expect them to pop up again when its time to fire someone else. Na dia speciality.
Yep. They will fire the coaches. Feed us some bs about rebuilding and starting from grass root. They will use friendly invite from countries going to World Cup that expect to play an African nation to say “you see the rebuilding has already started” Bunch of morons!
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
so the players decided not to play footie and help rohr get at us
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

charlie wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:00 pm
You're really in your feelings about Rohr.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The person who loves a white man most is the black man! Shameless slaves. Your jobless master has been unable to find work since he was fired! let him get work first. Afterall, "he is a master of qualifying?" abi? Italy should hire him. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

We can blame the coach all we want, but in moments like this the players have to step up. Our guys did not. The primary reason that we lost this game is because the team has no FIGHT in it! That is not something that anyone can teach or coach. I just watched Cameroun come back against Algeria because they did not quite. They had urgency in their game. We lacked that when it mattered most. This game was there for the taking and other than Osimhen, I cant think of anyone else with a sense of urgency. I hope Ghana get's it act together and represent well in Qatar.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Actually, I am here and active now. For me it is what it is. Gernot Rohr was no savior. He led tyhe teamn to three poor home resultsd agaionst teams that were poorly ranked and not comparable to Ghana. To think he wpould have won against Ghana is simply conjectuirter that has very little support given his results that DULY lerd to his removaL. He was no saviour. Nothing in hios last months demonstrated otherwise.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:41 pm Also, looking like Nigeria will be the only seeded country in Africa to miss this world cup, thanks to the three stooges: Dare, Pinnick and Eqguavoen.
What a bunch of morons!
Cameroon says hi!!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Naija fan wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:43 pm We can blame the coach all we want, but in moments like this the players have to step up. Our guys did not. The primary reason that we lost this game is because the team has no FIGHT in it! That is not something that anyone can teach or coach. I just watched Cameroun come back against Algeria because they did not quite. They had urgency in their game. We lacked that when it mattered most. This game was there for the taking and other than Osimhen, I cant think of anyone else with a sense of urgency. I hope Ghana get's it act together and represent well in Qatar.
But what about making proper subs/changes to help revitalize your tiring players? Otto Addo did, he responded to being outplayed in the first half and made timely tactical and personnel changes. What annoys me is how our coaches panic and don’t know what to do, it’s like they didn’t plan for that scenario that we would be deep in the game needing to get a goal, or they just keep having brain freeze.

Even more annoying is Osimhen for all his hustle he just lacks quality/polishing in his game it’s not just about running around aimlessly. He needs to learn to stay onside and also to be more polished on the ball not just muscle and muscle everywhere learn to out think your opponent as well. You are faster than your opponents why do you need to stay offsides? Our team sucks from the players to the coach to the managers and admin.

Just so disappointing that they went out with a whimper. Worse is this idea that you need these old players like Ighalo/Musa for experience, when they actually bring nothing tangible to the table. Who were the old washed up guys on the Ghana team that were used for experience?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:48 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:41 pm Also, looking like Nigeria will be the only seeded country in Africa to miss this world cup, thanks to the three stooges: Dare, Pinnick and Eqguavoen.
What a bunch of morons!
Cameroon says hi!!!
????
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:03 am
Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:48 pm
What a bunch of morons!
Cameroon says hi!!!
????
Mace,

I am stunned how suddenly the Rohr that could not overcome CAR at home is now seen as a guy that would have qualified Nigeria to the 2022 WC. It is ridiiculous. Rohr was duly dismissed. He was managing a team that was clearly in a downward trajectory and was duly dismissed. IT WAS THE CORRECT DECISION.

Sure, his replacement did not do any better. That is a FACT but the solution is NOT GERNOT ROHR. Is Rpohr the only alternative? Rohr was in NIgeria as the longest serving coach but his record winning trophies is surpassed by at least three coaches who spent shorter times managing NIgeria.

Now he is the savior? Laughable, if you ask me.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EII

Rohr is definately not the savior but I think the point is, if we fired him we should have gone for a BETTER COACH, not A WORSE ONE.

that was a HUGE MISTAKE.

Ghana fired their coach TWICE, in the end they got a guy who is assistant coach at Borussia Dortmund.

WTF have Egu and Amunike been doing ?
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Rhor would not have qualified with this team. The team was on a decline and lacked confidence and fighting spirit under Rhor..This is the continuation of that.They didn’t seem to have it in them in the last 20 minutes. Cameroon players needed only less than a minute in extra time to fight back.. and they did just that in the “Algerian slaughter house” of Blida. T
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Goalgetter wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:44 am Rhor would not have qualified with this team. The team was on a decline and lacked confidence and fighting spirit under Rhor..This is the continuation of that.They didn’t seem to have it in them in the last 20 minutes. Cameroon players needed only less than a minute in extra time to fight back.. and they did just that in the “Algerian slaughter house” of Blida. T
Sure but he had earned to right to try…I think that’s the biggest point, he had earned the right to go to the ANC he qualified for then based on the performance there he could have earned the right to continue to these two games. Prematurely firing him made no sense when he had met his goals…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:35 am EII

Rohr is definately not the savior but I think the point is, if we fired him we should have gone for a BETTER COACH, not A WORSE ONE.

that was a HUGE MISTAKE.

Ghana fired their coach TWICE, in the end they got a guy who is assistant coach at Borussia Dortmund.

Bruh, you get an agreement with a better new coach first then drop the hammer. Not drop the hammer then start looking for a replacement. And you don’t do it at such bad timing weeks to a competition he qualified for…it’s simply madness.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:52 am

that was a HUGE MISTAKE.

Bruh, you get an agreement with a better new coach first then drop the hammer. Not drop the hammer then start looking for a replacement. And you don’t do it at such bad timing weeks to a competition he qualified for…it’s simply madness.
Mace

You do not make decisions based on such fear. If you have an untenable coach you dismiss him immediately. The onus is on you to find a capable replacement. The second part of the act (finding a replacement) was a failure but that should never lead to the alternative of keeping a poor coach. You should never manage based on fear.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

that was a HUGE MISTAKE.

This wasn’t so much about coaching skills as it was about being a real man. It was obvious at once that Eguavoen succumbed to external pressure in changing the team wholesale. How can you make these kind of changes in a crucial game and replace half of the team with players who weren’t part of the setup and who are not even familiar with each other? You can’t make such changes without having had the opportunity to assess the new players at length. Eguavoen demonstrated that he is spineless and was absolutely the wrong person for the job… and shame on everyone; the press, the fans and the NFF, who conspired to subvert Eguavoen’s authority by not allowing him to field the players of his choice❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:03 am

that was a HUGE MISTAKE.

This wasn’t so much about coaching skills as it was about being a real man. It was obvious at once that Eguavoen succumbed to external pressure in changing the team wholesale. How can you make these kind of changes in a crucial game and replace half of the team with players who weren’t part of the setup and who are not even familiar with each other? You can’t make such changes without having had the opportunity to assess the new players at length. Eguavoen demonstrated that he is spineless and was absolutely the wrong person for the job… and shame on everyone; the press, the fans and the NFF, who conspired to subvert Eguavoen’s authority by not allowing him to field the players of his choice❗️

Cheers.
Good point. 👍 I suspect in the next week this will be one of the inside information that comes.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:03 am

that was a HUGE MISTAKE.

Cheers.
Good point. 👍 I suspect in the next week this will be one of the inside information that comes.

Bear in mind that many on CE, will think picking the CE is like picking an all star collection. No team chemistry needed.
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

What a bunch of morons!
Algeria was also seeded and are out