WE NEED A WHITE COACH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
WE NEED A WHITE COACH

Post by 1naija »

Any journeyman will do.

I am seeking attention with the title, BUT, there is no good coach in Nigeria! NONE!!! They are all like typical Nigerians ... always talking a good game and knowing high level stuff by mouth without any practical experiences or accomplishments to back up their claims.
Last edited by 1naija on Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WE NEED A WHITE COACH

Post by vancity eagle »

Yes.

and a white NFF too.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Wait for a few weeks. NFF Instagram will be packed with bigwigs flying to EPL games to "scout".
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I told you all there is no Nigerian coach capable.

We couldn't even beat a weakened Ghana with a first time coach.

Its just pathetic. Truth be told Egu lost this series IN THE FIRST MATCH.

Some people were beating their chests that 0-0 is a good result.

keep fooling yourselves with your "local coach" nonsense. We are wasting our time.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:16 pm I told you all there is no Nigerian coach capable.

keep fooling yourselves with your "local coach" nonsense. We are wasting our time.
Only one of them performed better than Keshi. You hate to hear it but it is true. Rigoberg Song, Otto Addo and Aliou Cisse are white abi?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Is any of them Nigerian?

aruako1 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:29 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:16 pm I told you all there is no Nigerian coach capable.

Only one of them performed better than Keshi. You hate to hear it but it is true. Rigoberg Song, Otto Addo and Aliou Cisse are white abi?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Ok Slave
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

highbury wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:31 pm

Ok Slave
ok dummy.

stupidity is to do the same thing over and over again and not learn.

No Nigerian coach is capable.

The only African coach I would go for is that Pisto at Al Ahly. No other coach has the big time experience.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...whatajoker. I kind of love we are out, if we had won you will still call them all names, if not trump thugs-like death threats.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

VE

0-0 in an away game in a two leg affair is ALWAYS a good result. However, you must still play both legs. Algeria won in Cameroon 1-0. Was that a good result? You bet it was !!! The fact that Algeria subsequently lost to Cameroon and is eliminated does no obliterate that fact. Same with Nigeria. Drawing away in a 2-leg affair is always a good result. What you then do with the home game is now up to you.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

No 0-0 is not a good result given our recent home record, given our lack of goal scoring.

I knew it was very likely Ghana could knick a goal and I was right. They scored from nowhere even though they really didn't trouble our defence in 2 matches.

I would have taken a 1-1 draw, but 0-0 not that good a result, especially in what was easily a winnable match.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

1naija wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:08 pm Any journeyman will do.

I am seeking attention with the title, BUT, there is no good coach in Nigeria! NONE!!! They are all like typical Nigerians ... always talking a good game and knowing high level stuff by mouth without any practical experiences or accomplishments to back up their claims.
1naija,

You are one to be talking. You wouldn’t recognize a good coach if you tripped over one🙂❗️

Cheers.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

CAF should follow in the foot steps of UEFA and do away with the away goal rule because as it allows poor teams like Ghana to defend at home. Then defend away from home, hoping to score on the break or nub a lucky goal. Not great entertainment. Let’s see if Ghana breaks their duck since 1982.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Flex Swift wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:42 pm CAF should follow in the foot steps of UEFA and do away with the away goal rule because as it allows poor teams like Ghana to defend at home. Then defend away from home, hoping to score on the break or nub a lucky goal. Not great entertainment. Let’s see if Ghana breaks their duck since 1982.
Can you imagine they even had away goal rule in extra time
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:54 pm

VE

0-0 in an away game in a two leg affair is ALWAYS a good result. However, you must still play both legs. Algeria won in Cameroon 1-0. Was that a good result? You bet it was !!! The fact that Algeria subsequently lost to Cameroon and is eliminated does no obliterate that fact. Same with Nigeria. Drawing away in a 2-leg affair is always a good result. What you then do with the home game is now up to you.
Do you think VE will ever accept that he is wrong?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Vancity go and find a job
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

the other thing is two=legged affairs should go straight to Pk
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

...And which coach from anywhere can work in an environment where intrusion
by our 'oga them' and unelected ITKs, on players selection and tactics is the norm?

Our problems are starring us in the face, but we just refuse to acknowledge and do
what's simply right.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Soccer is not nuclear physics. A country of 200m people does not need a coach from a country 10 million people (Portugal). Grow your own, groom your own, encourage your own, and win/lose with your own. So Eguavoen failed, but his failure was more due to the ajebutters that Rohr populate the team with that were bullied by Algeria two years ago, bullied by Tunisia at AFCON, and now by Ghana WCQ.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

1naija wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:30 pm Is any of them Nigerian?

aruako1 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:29 pm

Then change your s****d title to "non Nigerian coach!"
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Amunike ahould get the job
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

VE

0-0 in an away game in a two leg affair is not always a good result as long as the away goal rule is applied. It means that the return game must be won (at least in penalties) whereas the away team advance with a draw. You are factoring in that the home team has an advantage over the away team, but that is not a given especially considering Nigeria lost at home to CAR and drew against Cap Verde in the previous round.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

kofi86 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:11 am

VE

0-0 in an away game in a two leg affair is not always a good result as long as the away goal rule is applied. It means that the return game must be won (at least in penalties) whereas the away team advance with a draw. You are factoring in that the home team has an advantage over the away team, but that is not a given especially considering Nigeria lost at home to CAR and drew against Cap Verde in the previous round.
Lets put this in context of the eagles performance during the qualifiers and not generalize. 0-0 away was a bad result for us! Why? Because our home record in this WCQs was worse than our away record, so the probability that Ghana would score was high. It's that simple!