WC 2022: Team Senegal... Let's go

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin
WC 2022: Team Senegal... Let's go

Post by juventuss »

Jumping on the Senegal train. :thumb: :thumb:
Do us proud in Qatar
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WC 2022: Team Senegal... Let's go

Post by vancity eagle »

that was an epic match.

I watched it with the sound off before I watched the Nigeria game on demand.

I was in such a good mood. Then SE destroyed my day.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Africa will be safe with Senegal, Ghana might do OK if they add some decent players but they are by and large a poor team been fueled by the adrenaline of a new managerial bounce and sheer passion, Morocco look good but I can never trust North African teams at the big stage ditto Tunisia , Cameroon will be Cameroon... they will flatter to deceive and then underwhelm. Only Senegal look the part right now for all the right reasons.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:39 am that was an epic match.

The Senegalese team played with juevos. They were excellent going forward and oozed confidence. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

juventuss wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:26 am
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:39 am that was an epic match.

The Senegalese team played with juevos. They were excellent going forward and oozed confidence. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
but Sarr missed 2 guilt edged chances to win before PKs.

I thought they were going to pay, but I'm glad those cheap Egyptians lost. Play acting and wasting time and playing for PKs, which they lost AGAIN. :thumbs:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Make I no lie I really envy Senegal right now... they just seem to be getting it right with their football, from a well run FA, a very reliable and effectively sound coach, a very solid team with world class players and now a new beautiful stadium to herald their AFCON victory...they are a beacon of hope that an African nation can actually get it right.
truemamamia
Egg
Egg

Post by truemamamia »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:44 am Africa will be safe with Senegal, Ghana might do OK if they add some decent players but they are by and large a poor team been fueled by the adrenaline of a new managerial bounce and sheer passion, Morocco look good but I can never trust North African teams at the big stage ditto Tunisia , Cameroon will be Cameroon... they will flatter to deceive and then underwhelm. Only Senegal look the part right now for all the right reasons.
World Cup qualification is a different ball game.
Ghana team has room to grow with cohesion. Some of the players who played against Nigeria had less than 5 caps before the tie . Players like Dennis Odoi, Afena-Gyan, Elisha Owusu had never donned Ghana jersey prior to playing against Nigeria.
I am tempted to say that Dede Ayew, Salisu (Southampton), Alfred Duncan (Fiorentina), Jeffrey Schlupp ( Crystal Palace), kalamdeen Sulemana ( Rennes) and Baba Rahman may strengthen the team.
But after watching this 2 legged, its clear that names dont mean Jack. You need cohesion
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

truemamamia wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:10 am
Tobi17 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:44 am Africa will be safe with Senegal, Ghana might do OK if they add some decent players but they are by and large a poor team been fueled by the adrenaline of a new managerial bounce and sheer passion, Morocco look good but I can never trust North African teams at the big stage ditto Tunisia , Cameroon will be Cameroon... they will flatter to deceive and then underwhelm. Only Senegal look the part right now for all the right reasons.
World Cup qualification is a different ball game.
Ghana team has room to grow with cohesion. Some of the players who played against Nigeria had less than 5 caps before the tie . Players like Dennis Odoi, Afena-Gyan, Elisha Owusu had never donned Ghana jersey prior to playing against Nigeria.
I am tempted to say that Dede Ayew, Salisu (Southampton), Alfred Duncan (Fiorentina), Jeffrey Schlupp ( Crystal Palace), kalamdeen Sulemana ( Rennes) and Baba Rahman may strengthen the team.
But after watching this 2 legged, its clear that names dont mean Jack. You need cohesion
I agree, good luck to Ghana! You guys now have a better chance of getting the likes of Hudson Odoi, Lamptey and some decent foreign born Ghanaian players across Europe to boost your squad.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I will support all the African teams in Qatar.

Even Tunisia, although it will be tedious.

Then I will go for Canada after that. At least some Nigerians will be in Qatar. LOL.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I am watching the game now and I must say Senegal played really well. It was high tempo, incisive play for the most part. Egypt would have struggled the same way they did in this one if they made the WC. They are an organized and disciplined outfit which is enough for them to succeed in Africa but they lack the quality do well at the highest level.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:30 am I am watching the game now and I must say Senegal played really well. It was high tempo, incisive play for the most part. Egypt would have struggled the same way they did in this one if they made the WC. They are an organized and disciplined outfit which is enough for them to succeed in Africa but they lack the quality do well at the highest level.
KPOM

Im really glad they did not deny Africa's best team via PK's. Egypt would just be a waste in Qatar, while Senegal can really achieve something.