How FIFA "UNDERMINED" Africa... once again !!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet
How FIFA "UNDERMINED" Africa... once again !!

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
In the run up to the playoffs, FIFA decided to pair up Africa teams wrongly by intentional designs to weaken African representations at the oncoming World Cup !! :scared:

There are only 5 African teams that had ever made serious impacts at the Mundial and these teams are Senegal, Cameroon, Algeria, Ghana and Nigeria. AND FIFA KNOWS THIS SO WELL !!
So what did FIFA do here :woot: ??
They decided to pair stronger African teams together... in order eliminate Africa's direct threat at the Mudial instead of pairing the stronger teams with the weaker teams....

In essence they paired 1.Ghana vs. Nigeria, 2. Algeria vs. Cameroon,
FIFA then paired the weaker teams together
In essence they paired 1. Tunisia vs. Mali, 2. Morrocco vs. Congo.

The only right about pairing FIFA did was pair Senegal vs. Egypt together here :???:

WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE
CAF ...our toothless bull dog should have impressed it upon FIFA to pair our representative teams in such a way that will give Africa its strongest representation to the MUNDIAL :bump:
In essence the pair should been like this.. ..
1. Cameroon vs. Congo
2. Algeria vs. Mali
3. Nigeria vs. Tunisia
4. Ghana vs. Morrocco
5. Senegal vs. Egypt

CONCLUSION
it appears FIFA feels the threat from African teams that may go far and deep into the world cup and are probably happy NOW that 2 of Africa's top teams are not coming to theur big dance party to make any seeming threat to their RACIST coveted trophy BCOS Algeria and Nigeria have been SYSTEMATICALLY ELIMINATED !! :blink:

MOVING FORWARD
in future, aside from CAF having more say in the "PAIRING PROCESS" at this late playoff phase of the WC qualifications... CAF MUST also impress it on FIFA to drop the away goal rule gimmick that does continue make the game an ugly game rather the "Beautiful game" it is popularly acclaimed.

In effect, the "away go rules" that walked out Algeria and Nigeria from the big dance in Qatar has to be modified so that in such situations in future... with a equal goal tally aggregate {with the Nigeria vs. Ghana OR Algeria vs. Cameroon} THEN penalty kicks are used to decide the outcomes of who will fly the continents flag at the World cup !!

The "away go rule" is an outdated, inhumane way of adjudicating who qualifies and who disqualifies bcos the stakes on ground are just too gigantic !!
=========================================================
Chance favors da prepared mind. ALWAYS !!
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How FIFA "UNDERMINED" Africa... once again !!

Post by bamenda boy »

Wishful thinking. But my belief is that Rankings were a major factor. Correct me if I am wrong. Plus, they had to to through an elimination process.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Do not blame FIFA. They simply used their rankings no conspiracy behind it.

If you want somebody to blame, blame CAF for their retarded qualification system that leaves it up to so many random factors.

Why do we not have a system like Asia where there are 2 final groups of 6, and they all play each other ensuring the top teams qualify. This way not only will the better teams qualify bit our teams will be better prepared for the WC by playing stronger teams.

Instead we have a dreadful Tunisia going to WC at expense of CIV, Nigeria, even Egupt and Algeria are better teams.

You could have had something like this

Group A

Senegal
Egypt
Algeria
Cameroon
DR Congo
Ghana

Group B

Morocco
Nigeria
Tunisia
Mali
CIV
Burkina Faso

Top 2 from each group go through and 2 3rd place play for final spot.

But CAF does not think. Anyways it's all moot now with 2026 coming up.
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

bamenda boy wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:14 pm Wishful thinking. But my belief is that Rankings were a major factor. Correct me if I am wrong. Plus, they had to to through an elimination process.
:twisted: :evil:
Yesss to correct you... FIFA's ranking are one of the most erroneous set ups in sports..by DESIGN...
The rankingS is set up as an LAME EXCUSE to marginalize diversity, undermine true competition as well OR else why would Argentina and Nigeria be paired together in the same group in about 4 World Cups in 24 yrs {from 1994 -2018 ??
Now.. .omething smells fishy and odious right there... all in the name of a contaminated corrupt ranking scheme !! :bump:
========================================================
Ahhhh gaaaaddammmnn itt ! Wherez my Heineken + wet big bubble booty chics ?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

is a stupid format , now that 9 teams should be qualifying from 2026.. watch CAF mess that up again
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:23 pm Do not blame FIFA. They simply used their rankings no conspiracy behind it.

If you want somebody to blame, blame CAF for their retarded qualification system that leaves it up to so many random factors.

Why do we not have a system like Asia where there are 2 final groups of 6, and they all play each other ensuring the top teams qualify. This way not only will the better teams qualify bit our teams will be better prepared for the WC by playing stronger teams.

Instead we have a dreadful Tunisia going to WC at expense of CIV, Nigeria, even Egupt and Algeria are better teams.

Group A

Senegal
Egypt
Algeria
Cameroon
DR Congo
Ghana

Group B

Morocco
Nigeria
Tunisia
Mali
CIV
Burkina Faso

Absolutely right Vancity Eagle... i always thought about this too... CAF has a lot of blame in this process bcos they undermine the continent too in so many ways.... BESIDES this Asian scheme that you outlined up here would have eliminated the dumb "away goal rules".
Still the FIFA ranking schemes are always very errouneous and i think are delibrately deployed as an excuse to seed and group teams at their discretion

For now Nigeria, Egypt, CIV, Algeria are not going while Morrocco, Tunisia are going the only 2 countries that i have hope on in this world cup are Cameroon and Senegal.. This will not be enough strong representation of the continent at the big party !!
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:32 pm is a stupid format , now that 9 teams should be qualifying from 2026.. watch CAF mess that up again
Even at the 2026 games CAF shoulda lobbied for no less than 10 countries rather than the 9 !!
I think CAF needs to go to the drawing board and figure out how their best representation will be at every World games.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I have no hope in Cameroon bro.

They will go 3 and out and collect their usual red cards and at least one wooping.

Ghana actually have more a chance if they can bring in their best players.

Tunisia is a waste, Senegal will be a serious team. Morocco could do ok in the middle east.
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:03 pm I have no hope in Cameroon bro.

They will go 3 and out and collect their usual red cards and at least one wooping.

Tunisia is a waste, Senegal will be a serious team. Morocco could do ok in the middle east.
I have only hope in Senegal and Cameroon. Cameroon still showed good spirit also in the last CAF games in January.
I have no hope in Ghana, Morrocco, Tunisia etc
I hope sincerely CAF will design a better qualification scheme to ensure the best teams qualify out of Africa in 2026 bcos i know they too will be cringing at the Nigeria, CIV and Algeria being out of the World cup African representation .
truemamamia
Egg
Egg

Post by truemamamia »

kash n' karry wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:18 pm

I have only hope in Senegal and Cameroon. Cameroon still showed good spirit also in the last CAF games in January.
I hope sincerely CAF will design a better qualification scheme to ensure the best teams qualify out of Africa in 2026 bcos i know they too will be cringing at the Nigeria, CIV and Algeria being out of the World cup African representation .
You do realize that none of those countries have crossed the second round of the world cup?
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

truemamamia wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:23 pm

You do realize that none of those countries have crossed the second round of the world cup?
Nope.. . I think Senegal, Ghana and South Africa have all actually gotten to the quarter finals of the World Cup .. . :bump:
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:23 pm Do not blame FIFA. They simply used their rankings no conspiracy behind it.

Group A

Senegal
Egypt
Algeria
Cameroon
DR Congo
Ghana

Group B

Morocco
Nigeria
Tunisia
Mali
CIV
Burkina Faso

this wouldn't have worked either, you lot would have argued that one group was stronger than the other.

the format was fine imo opinion the draw should have been handled differently though.

it was clearly rigged because adebayor said they were talking about the matchups in the back before the draw.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

There is no African threat to European hegemony. Absolutely none. If there was any conspiracy in play, it would’ve favoured the flashy football kits of Nigeria that flood advertisements and fill coffers. The more money for big businesses the more meat for FIFA’s falstaffians.

Africa has sent forward its combatants, next stop, the infirmary. Good luck to all.
Egg
Egg

Post by 404 »

We talk about FIFA undermining Africa why aren’t we talking about us undermining ourselves as Africans! A continent blessed with natural resources yet we wallow in poverty because stooges have been installed to ensure that none of Africa’s riches benefits her people….look at how DRC has been plundered with 70% of the world’s cobalt been carted away for free by the Chinese, Israelis, and Europeans, to run the very mobile phone I am using to text….the oil that gets lifted while masses of Nigerians, Angolans, Sudanese, etc…all are willing to swim across to Europe and become third class citizens and nuisances…and endure racism rather than live in the poverty and misery of their artificial drawn countries….Yes Oyinbo has screwed us over however when are we as a people going to wake up and take responsibility for our own destiny instead as Putin has rightly said we look at the Oyinbo as a demi God….the problem you allude to is symptomatic of a large issue….very few us have come to realization that we are not ready to fight and die for a better Africa for our children because we have been conditioned to believe all things Oyinbo is superior….when Oyinbo refers to Africa as underdeveloped or developing they are referring to the African mindset not the lack of resources or infrastructure….until we change our mindset we will continue to poor,and wrenched Africans scrapping for master’s bread crumbs!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Group A

Senegal
Egypt
Algeria
Cameroon
DR Congo
Ghana

Group B

Morocco
Nigeria
Tunisia
Mali
CIV
Burkina Faso

Personally I prefer the CONMEBOL format. Dump eveyone in one group and have them all slug it out league style with the top five teams qualifying.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Group A

Senegal
Egypt
Algeria
Cameroon
DR Congo
Ghana

Group B

Morocco
Nigeria
Tunisia
Mali
CIV
Burkina Faso

when would they have played all those games?
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Vancity Eagles insights were handy here ....hopefully this will force CAF to change the qualification format backed by FIFA...

CAF needs its best representation at the World Cup and it is a shame that the FIFA pairings {of these 10 teams} based on FIFA flawed rankings aka "sabotage" has eliminated 2 of Africa's best representations to the Mundial in NIgeria and Algeria.. also gonna be CIV too is missing.

The "away goal rule" uglifies the beautiful game and basically rubbishes the efforts of one nation that falls short based on a total draw aggregate that is good enough to provide an escape roots for the other nation !!! In such cases of Nigeria and Algeria, in future, a neutral stadium should have been picked for a single playoff gamed match OR a penalty kick should be deployed at the end.

With the 9 African entrants to the 2026 World cup.. .. it's my wish that CAF will not be caught napping here again and device the best way to advice FIFA in grouping and pairing its own teams that will not be based on FIFA's always flawed ranking system !!
==========================================================
galoise
Egg
Egg

Post by galoise »

404 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:26 am We talk about FIFA undermining Africa why aren’t we talking about us undermining ourselves as Africans! A continent blessed with natural resources yet we wallow in poverty because stooges have been installed to ensure that none of Africa’s riches benefits her people….look at how DRC has been plundered with 70% of the world’s cobalt been carted away for free by the Chinese, Israelis, and Europeans, to run the very mobile phone I am using to text….the oil that gets lifted while masses of Nigerians, Angolans, Sudanese, etc…all are willing to swim across to Europe and become third class citizens and nuisances…and endure racism rather than live in the poverty and misery of their artificial drawn countries….Yes Oyinbo has screwed us over however when are we as a people going to wake up and take responsibility for our own destiny instead as Putin has rightly said we look at the Oyinbo as a demi God….the problem you allude to is symptomatic of a large issue….very few us have come to realization that we are not ready to fight and die for a better Africa for our children because we have been conditioned to believe all things Oyinbo is superior….when Oyinbo refers to Africa as underdeveloped or developing they are referring to the African mindset not the lack of resources or infrastructure….until we change our mindset we will continue to poor,and wrenched Africans scrapping for master’s bread crumbs!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

kash n' karry wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:09 pm :evil: :twisted:
In the run up to the playoffs, FIFA decided to pair up Africa teams wrongly by intentional designs to weaken African representations at the oncoming World Cup !! :scared:

There are only 5 African teams that had ever made serious impacts at the Mundial and these teams are Senegal, Cameroon, Algeria, Ghana and Nigeria. AND FIFA KNOWS THIS SO WELL !!
They decided to pair stronger African teams together... in order eliminate Africa's direct threat at the Mudial instead of pairing the stronger teams with the weaker teams....

The only right about pairing FIFA did was pair Senegal vs. Egypt together here :???:

CAF ...our toothless bull dog should have impressed it upon FIFA to pair our representative teams in such a way that will give Africa its strongest representation to the MUNDIAL :bump:
1. Cameroon vs. Congo
2. Algeria vs. Mali
3. Nigeria vs. Tunisia
4. Ghana vs. Morrocco
5. Senegal vs. Egypt

CONCLUSION
it appears FIFA feels the threat from African teams that may go far and deep into the world cup and are probably happy NOW that 2 of Africa's top teams are not coming to theur big dance party to make any seeming threat to their RACIST coveted trophy BCOS Algeria and Nigeria have been SYSTEMATICALLY ELIMINATED !! :blink:

MOVING FORWARD
in future, aside from CAF having more say in the "PAIRING PROCESS" at this late playoff phase of the WC qualifications... CAF MUST also impress it on FIFA to drop the away goal rule gimmick that does continue make the game an ugly game rather the "Beautiful game" it is popularly acclaimed.

In effect, the "away go rules" that walked out Algeria and Nigeria from the big dance in Qatar has to be modified so that in such situations in future... with a equal goal tally aggregate {with the Nigeria vs. Ghana OR Algeria vs. Cameroon} THEN penalty kicks are used to decide the outcomes of who will fly the continents flag at the World cup !!

The "away go rule" is an outdated, inhumane way of adjudicating who qualifies and who disqualifies bcos the stakes on ground are just too gigantic !!

A drowning man will cling to a serpent. Your argument makes no sense. All African countries are equal before FIFA. In your head you think some countries are more important than others. We are all on the same boat and we are equal before the Footie gods! :D
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

kash n' karry wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:09 pm :evil: :twisted:

1. Cameroon vs. Congo
2. Algeria vs. Mali
3. Nigeria vs. Tunisia
4. Ghana vs. Morrocco
5. Senegal vs. Egypt

CONCLUSION

MOVING FORWARD

CAFS format was weak,they just needed to end the last round of qualifiers with two groups of 8 with the top 2 qualifying and the 3rd place teams playing off,by the time such a campaign would’ve been completed it’ll be clear who deserves to qualify.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

kash n' karry wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:01 am
truemamamia wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:23 pm

Nope.. . I think Senegal, Ghana and South Africa have all actually gotten to the quarter finals of the World Cup .. . :bump:
South Africa haven’t but the other 2 yes.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI