Emmanuel Dennis was horrible and weak.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Emmanuel Dennis was horrible and weak.

Post by Eaglezbeak »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:57 am
oloye wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:05 pm That team has been showing a worrying trend with its home matches, it has struggled to stamp itself on the opposition on the home soil. I was arguing on another platform, that we are in trouble for not scoring in Ghana. Our team lack the mental strength to hang in with the big strong teams. There was a time when the core of Liverpool team was referred to as the spice boys, well the core of the SE can be termed the pampered ones. Our boys just do not have the mental strength, none at all. By the 70th minute , i knew it was over, it was in their body language. Then you start bringing in players like Shehu , you just knew it was over.

We do not deserve to be in Qatar, we lost to a team with lesser quality to us in personnel, but far superior technically, tactically and a stronger desire to win.
You are saying everything except the most obvious. If you were a seasoned coach, would you start 5 essentially new players in winner take all game like this one? Eguavoen is arguably a seasoned coach so there’s no doubt in my mind that this team was picked by Pinnick and his cohorts, the same people who are insanely obsessed with foreign born Nigerian players. I knew it and said so as soon as the starting lineup came out that we had ceded the qualification to Ghana. Some Nigerians just can’t be trusted with anything❗️

Cheers.
That was a big mistake.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

sabb wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:00 pm
Cellular wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:42 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:01 pm
niyi wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:52 pm He plays on the left side at Watford and Lookman plays on the right side at Leicester. Oga Eguavoen switched them around.
(Let’s ignore the fact that neither player should be starting such a key match)
This is not a good reason. I had opportunity to watch the game over again and Jmal is correct. Other SE playerrs visibly complained about Denis not covering defensively. TBH, I was surprised given that I hasd actually mentioned some of his defensdive help in the previous game.
Prof., it is ALL on the coach.

You start a game with 6 players who are not used to the weather. Forgivable?
You begin the second half and you see your opposite half insert two fresh players to counter the tiring players in humid hot conditions - And you remain there.

You see that your players were still in the locker room as the 2nd half started... looking sluggish.

The rest is history.

Again, we can't be playing games in conditions that are not suitable for our players who are foreign to the weather and elements.

Critical home games in a do-or-die affair should not be left to chance. We haven't learned from AFCON qualifier against Guinea, haven't learned from WCQ against Angola... and now this.
Can you imagine, Bassey that complained of the heat and how he couldn't breathe well after playing 20mins, u start him in the next game in Abuja in the dry heat. Anyway SE never learns so na just to dey support dey go and hope they stumble on a good run
Exactly, notice how he was bending down when he didn’t have the ball. Eguavoen really made some daft decisions in this game, I no go lie!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:14 pm The new players were not the biggest letdowns over the 2 legs.

Uzoho couldn't stop a basic shot
Simon couldn't make a simple square pass for a goal
Osimehn couldn't stay onside

Out worst culprits in our loss were out seasoned players.
This really is a nonsense take meant to cover you for advocating for that disastrous starting 11.

Throwing 3 green boys into that starting lineup is a mistake I don’t think I can ever forgive Eguavoen for.

What striker doesn’t go offside? And how many offside offenses did Osimhen have??
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet