That was probably Uzoho's last game for the SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet
That was probably Uzoho's last game for the SE

Post by Orion »

A very simple speculative shot went right past him like a hot knife through butter. He looked like an outfield player deputizing for a keeper. Uzoho has been poor with low shots since the 2018 World Cup.

The last SE keeper I saw do something similar was Dele Aiyenugba when we were eliminated in the qualifiers for the 2012 AFCON. He never played for the SE again.

Okoye's error was not even close to this embarrassment.

What's the point of going to the World Cup anyway when you have no keeper?
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: That was probably Uzoho's last game for the SE

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He simply has to redeem himself by performing for his club. You can't just throw out a goalie for 1 mistake considering his MOM performance the previous game.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

that outfield player Comoros put in goal against Cameroon was better. Disgrace.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Okoye is our number one again.

He plays week in week out in Holland while Uzoho sits on the bench in Cyprus.

Would we be going to the World Cup if Okoye had been in goal ? That is a real and very ironic question.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The bottomline is neither Okoye nor Uzoho is good enough. Both are pants. I have ZERO confidence when they are in goal. I expressed this prior to the first game against Ghana but was pleasantly surprised with Uzoho's performance in that game. However, the last game demonstrated that Uzoho IS STILL WHO WE THINK HE IS. Not much.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Uzoho just needs to work hard and get back to playing regularly.

I have seen him in training and I know some his weaknesses. He is slow to the ground and also lacking stamina. You need to see how Ezenwa was out jumping him and lasted much longer without getting tired. But Uzoho has some talent. He just needs to good goalkeeping coach to work with him.

I wouldn’t banish him yet, neither would I banish Okoye. There is some talent in both of them.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

6 ft 5 goal keepers will always be susceptible to low shots. Again, we are not scientific in thinking.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Robotnik wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:37 pm 6 ft 5 goal keepers will always be susceptible to low shots. Again, we are not scientific in thinking.
Tall goalkeepers was Rohr legacy or science. We have discussed this issue before and Rohrbots agreed their master could do no wrong.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Robotnik wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:37 pm 6 ft 5 goal keepers will always be susceptible to low shots. Again, we are not scientific in thinking.
Leave dem. They want to change Goalies every time a mistake is made, it's why Nigerians can never develope anything. Regardless of the future this is not the time to further ruin his confidence but to build him up. Afterall, he's the same kid who performed very well at the WC when we had no other pptions.
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:52 pm
Leave dem. They want to change Goalies every time a mistake is made, it's why Nigerians can never develope anything. Regardless of the future this is not the time to further ruin his confidence but to build him up. Afterall, he's the same kid who performed very well at the WC when we had no other pptions.
There were other options....
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Many funny responses to this thread.
First, saying this will be Uzoho's last game is too much of a simplistic opinion.
Just like in Okoye's error at AFCON, Uzoho merely saw the shot just before it
got to him. BTW, did anyone ask why the opposition players taking both shots
were left unchallenged, or it didn't matter?
Then came the issue of a 6' 5'' goalie being too tall and susceptible to low shots.
I take that as a joke because there is no sense to that.

And I believe Emir Kongi put things in perspective with,
...we want to change Goalies every time a mistake is made, it's why Nigerians can never develop anything.
Regardless of the future this is not the time to further ruin his confidence but to build him up.
Afterall, he's the same kid who performed very well at the WC when we had no other options.
Sound minds do not resort to wholesome changes every time something goes wrong, but pick up
the good parts and refine the errors. Yes, we like to succeed, but we should not be absolute in
condemning everyone on this team, as some of these players will have a successful future with
the team.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

He did well in the game before. There's a keeper there somewhere.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:49 pm
Of course. But it is the way we change opinions on just about everything every time there’s a hint of wahala.

Just last week Uzoho was the best thing since sliced plantain.
He was “way better” than Okoye who was ‘useless’ for making what many were even refusing to describe as a ‘mistake’.
Which kine stupid mistake? :lol:
Uzoho was “a much better keeper” that was “ more confident” and should rightfully be “Nigeria’s number one”.
Now suddenly, they’re not so sure because suddenly “all of them are useless”. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Something obviously happened.
Did you see it? :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Kai Commical. Na una grandmama we go put for goal next...even make una come carry my mama put for goal.... clowns. Just because we lost a game? Goalkeepers are beaten whenever there is a game. Honestly do any of you ever play this game? This is just so shameful what we read here...
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We have great keepers in Akpeyi and Noble, but you all keep living in la la land . You all will continue to suffer for it.

Orion wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:10 pm A very simple speculative shot went right past him like a hot knife through butter. He looked like an outfield player deputizing for a keeper. Uzoho has been poor with low shots since the 2018 World Cup.

The last SE keeper I saw do something similar was Dele Aiyenugba when we were eliminated in the qualifiers for the 2012 AFCON. He never played for the SE again.

Okoye's error was not even close to this embarrassment.

What's the point of going to the World Cup anyway when you have no keeper?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:39 pm
airwolex wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:49 pm
Of course. But it is the way we change opinions on just about everything every time there’s a hint of wahala.

Just last week Uzoho was the best thing since sliced plantain.
He was “way better” than Okoye who was ‘useless’ for making what many were even refusing to describe as a ‘mistake’.
Which kine stupid mistake? :lol:
Uzoho was “a much better keeper” that was “ more confident” and should rightfully be “Nigeria’s number one”.
Now suddenly, they’re not so sure because suddenly “all of them are useless”. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Something obviously happened.
Did you see it? :D
Bros, I am speechless at that goal but God dey. I still think he can overcome sha. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

SMH at how a big country like Nigeria including the diaspora, cannot produce decent goalies. :mask:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Kabalega wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:31 pm SMH at how a big country like Nigeria including the diaspora, cannot produce decent goalies. :mask:
Of course these goalies are very much present in Nigeria, there's no denying that...but you've got understand that Nigeria operates a very corrupt and rotten system, you've got to either know someone and have connections or pay your way to get a chance in the first place.
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

People forget too quickly. Even Enyeama the great was beaten by a speculative shot by and Angolan player to clinch the world cup spot from Nigeria. Fact is not much to chose between Naija and Ghana. All their so called strategy, came down to one single individual error. Everything else is noise.
No Escape
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I wouldn't drop him from the team but neither goalie is a lock for the number 1. The coach needs to talk to them about working harder. In fact almost all the players need to put in work in their personal time. During the break for the world cup, they should work on their techniques. How to strike the ball accurately on target, how to whip in crosses into the box, take corner kicks, and take free kicks with the right amount of zip and little hangtime.

It's quite telling that each of the goals we conceded that knocked us out of the last three tourneys were shots from long distance. It means in addition to not working on improving that part of our attack, we also don't practice defending against them.

Every single time we see videos of the team training, it's almost always of them jogging our dribbling and passing. Never seen them just spend an entire session taking set pieces, shots at goal, and crosses into thy box. They should be doing like a hundred every session.

It's pathetic when you see national team players whose crosses are like lobs taking forever to land with very little or no zip.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Somehow I don’t see Noble or Akpeyi or Ezenwa making such kindergarten mistakes like Okoye and Uzoho. Thanks again Rohr🤐❗️

Cheers.