Ghanaian coach explains how they masterfully stifled Nigeria in Abuja

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Ghanaian coach explains how they masterfully stifled Nigeria in Abuja

Post by Tobi17 »

Chei...see the very brilliant break down of their tactical adjustments

Meanwhile we had Mr 442 and his outdated coaching IQ failing to adjust his tactics while Ghana did their homework in the second half...shame on Eguavoen, never again shall we have brainless dinosaurs in our football.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ghanaian coach explains how they masterfully stifled Nigeria in Abuja

Post by Lolly »

Exactly what I have been saying. Eguavoen couldn’t respond to their tactical change. When a coach brings on 3 players at once at the beginning of the second half of such a game, Eguavoen and his team should have known what was coming. But hey, they probably figured it out too late and by then our players were tired and had lost hope.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I want to cry.

Listening to him talk about their preparation....our staff was CLUELESS for 30 mins in that second half. And when they decided to react, it was Musa and Ighalo......
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Simple. Anyone that plays fifa will notice a change in the dynamics of the game when you change formation s. Sometimes the gamble pays off other times it may not. The coach could not continue to see the team get slaughtered in the first half. They risked conceding more goal if no changes had been made.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ugbowo wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:39 pm I want to cry.

Listening to him talk about their preparation....our staff was CLUELESS for 30 mins in that second half. And when they decided to react, it was Musa and Ighalo......

Listen again to Otto's presser from the 1st leg. You can see from there the level of detail they went into.
These are practicing coaches in very professional setups, before joining the BS.

Note his analysis of their workrate and pressing patterns and the flow of the game in Kumasi.

From there you can see why they slowed the game down in 2HF in Abuja and the three subs straight after the interval.

Lets be clear, he's not a top coach (and you do not necessarily need one). But you can see the setup that he's been brought up in has rubbed off on him.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I am really glad that this is HAPPENING!!!!. We are acknowledging that local African coaches can do these things. As I always believed, there is nothing in coaching that makes it unreachable. Nigerian coaches can do this aand more BTW. I am glad that these are being shared with the public so that we all begin to ackjnowledge them. Great!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Ugbowo wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:39 pm I want to cry.

They were clueless for the whole 2nd half. From the 60th minute I realised we'd need a miracle.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:02 pm I am really glad that this is HAPPENING!!!!. We are acknowledging that local African coaches can do these things. As I always believed, there is nothing in coaching that makes it unreachable. Nigerian coaches can do this aand more BTW. I am glad that these are being shared with the public so that we all begin to ackjnowledge them. Great!!

The problem with you is this tendency to see everything from the African freedom fighter perspective.

Did you know that in 1982, Algerian coach Rabaah Sadaane was widely recruited in Europe and chose to turn the offers down?
The issue is NOT and has NEVER been about the competence or lack thereof African coaches. Ultimately, its ALWAYS been an individual thing.

As we speak there is not a single locally based coach that we have seen publicly that shows a body of work that is of international level. Not one!!!

And among the ex-pros, there is not one who is dedicated to making the transition atm. Not one!!!

We can stay here and keep singing umbutu, it will not change anything until we dedicate ourselves to doing this properly, rather than just expect it to happen...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:02 pm I am really glad that this is HAPPENING!!!!. We are acknowledging that local African coaches can do these things. As I always believed, there is nothing in coaching that makes it unreachable. Nigerian coaches can do this aand more BTW. I am glad that these are being shared with the public so that we all begin to ackjnowledge them. Great!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't describe any of Ghana's coaches as local.

But I recognise LC advocacy is important to you.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Please stop this LC nonsense, all the Ghanaian coaching staffs honed and perfected their skills around the top leagues of Europe, what is Eguavoens' coaching pedigree besides wasting away his years failing to update his coaching resume since 2006?
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:02 pm I am really glad that this is HAPPENING!!!!. We are acknowledging that local African coaches can do these things.
As I always believed, there is nothing in coaching that makes it unreachable. Nigerian coaches can do this and more BTW. I am glad that these are being shared with the public so that we all begin to acknowledge them. Great!!
Only a selfish retard will argue the highlighted. Our main problem on this issue, as with many others,
is having a conglomerate of selfish, claimed stakeholders. No matter who the coach is, they will always
intrude in player selections, and intrude on many things they know little or nothing about regarding
preparing the team(s). Until these types are taken out of the NFF the rot will not cease.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:09 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't describe any of Ghana's coaches as local.

But I recognise LC advocacy is important to you.

They really aren't but it is not like your ex players didn't play in top teams in Europe. Otto Addo spent most of his professional career at Dortmund. he was wise to make the right connections while there but before that he was affiliated with Nordjelland. Nordjelland is a Danish club with strong ties to the Right to Dream Academy in Ghana. A lot of their youth coaches are ex Ghanaian footballers. Michael Essien and Laryea Kingston work there. That is also where one of the black stars assistants Didi Dramani works. Otto worked at this Nordjelland team before returning to Dortmund as a staff. Prior to that he has been a head scout for Ghana at two AFCONS (2012 and 2015) as well as world cup 2014 in Brazil. He is credited with the game plan that secured the 2-2 draw against German.

All I'm saying is that the like of Amuneke, Oliseh, Amokachi could etc. could have used their connections to get into some of the biggest coaching programs in the world if they haven't already done that
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

Lolly wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:28 pm Exactly what I have been saying. Eguavoen couldn’t respond to their tactical change. When a coach brings on 3 players at once at the beginning of the second half of such a game, Eguavoen and his team should have known what was coming. But hey, they probably figured it out too late and by then our players were tired and had lost hope.
Figure it out too late? They didn't figure sh*t out.
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

It wasn't even that hard to notice. During halftime I told my friend if I was Ghana I park the bus for 45mins and that they cant play an open game in the second half because we were desperate now and that's essentially what they did 5 at the back straight away and we didn't react and kept on playing with 3 midfielders and 4 defenders.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

:lol: I have to believe you do this intentionally.

Who said local African coaches can’t coach? All people have been saying is that none of our current high profile local coaches have got a good track record of working at a decent level and they don’t seem to strive to do more.

Btw, George Boateng played for the Dutch National side and is currently Aston Villa’s Under 23 coach after been promoted from the Under 18s. He previously coached Under13s at Blackburn Rovers.

Otto Addo is currently the first team assistant coach at Borussia Dortmund after been promoted from being a talent coach. He previously worked as talent coach at another German club, Borussia Mönchengladbach.

I hope you can see progression with these guys? Ours are just sitting around waiting for the next National assignment. Very annoying.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

When a coach makes 3 changes at a time and the opposing coach sits there like a moron without making a move - man that really annoys me. That’s 3 fresh players - game changing move no matter how you slice it. Why Eguavoen didn’t bring in a second striker to play side to side with Osihmen and switch to a back 3 with 5 in the middle. Oh man these people are so dumb. No critical thinking. Move Aina and Bassey to the midfield, Dennis partner Osihmen up to if u don’t want to bring in a new striker, with Ajayi in as the 3rd CD. Replace Onyeka with Ajayi. Only one sub so far but with massive change in play dynamics.
Uzoho
Ajayi Ekong Balogun
Aina Etobo Aribo Bassey Lookman
Dennis Osihmen
This will ensure Ghana didn’t take control of the midfield which was what happened and slowed our momentum.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Goalgetter wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:08 pm When a coach makes 3 changes at a time and the opposing coach sits there like a moron without making a move - man that really annoys me. That’s 3 fresh players - game changing move no matter how you slice it. Why Eguavoen didn’t bring in a second striker to play side to side with Osihmen and switch to a back 3 with 5 in the middle. Oh man these people are so dumb. No critical thinking. Move Aina and Bassey to the midfield, Dennis partner Osihmen up to if u don’t want to bring in a new striker, with Ajayi in as the 3rd CD. Replace Onyeka with Ajayi. Only one sub so far but with massive change in play dynamics.
Uzoho
Ajayi Ekong Balogun
Aina Etobo Aribo Bassey Lookman
Dennis Osihmen
This will ensure Ghana didn’t take control of the midfield which was what happened and slowed our momentum.
To be fair to Eguavoen, he had to make one forced change due to Onyeka’s injury. But it’s also not a valid excuse because the Ghanaians were already making their 3 substitutions before Shehu, so Eguavoen could have held back a minute and had a quick chat with his coaches to try and figure out what Ghana was up to.

But you are right. Our coaches were slow to pick up what the Ghanaians were up to.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:09 pm

The problem with you is this tendency to see everything from the African freedom fighter perspective.

Did you know that in 1982, Algerian coach Rabaah Sadaane was widely recruited in Europe and chose to turn the offers down?
The issue is NOT and has NEVER been about the competence or lack thereof African coaches. Ultimately, its ALWAYS been an individual thing.

As we speak there is not a single locally based coach that we have seen publicly that shows a body of work that is of international level. Not one!!!

And among the ex-pros, there is not one who is dedicated to making the transition atm. Not one!!!

We can stay here and keep singing umbutu, it will not change anything until we dedicate ourselves to doing this properly, rather than just expect it to happen...
Txj

Actually I will state that the problem with you is actually what you pointed above which is to state that all Africans or all this... here you have literally done it again by stating in otherv words " not a single" but how do you know of every Nigerian, may I ask? You do have a tendency to paint a wide brush instead of limiting your knowledge precisely to the narrow range that you are aware of. Not long ago you claimed you have watched practices of all Nigerian clubs and they involve putting teams against each other. That has long been proven to be false. Learn to timit your observation to the few instances that you know. Now you are trying to claim knowledge of all Nigerian coaches. That is surely false.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Ghana’s Technical Crew
1- Chris Hughton – Premier League coach
2- Otto Addo – Asst coach of Borussia Dortmund*
3- George Boateng – Aston Villa under 23 coach.
4- Mas-ud Didi Dramani – Asst Coach at Norsjelland in Danish league.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Let the future Nigerian coaches GO AND GET DAMN JOBS. Coach clubs, coach national teams, be assistants at top clubs (Toure, Addo etc.) DO SOMETHING FOR HEAVENS SAKE, dont just expect SE to be given to you like its charity or affirmative action.

Lazy ex internationals, SE is not their birthright. Anyways the NFF are to blame for even thinking they are good enough simply because they are ex players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:23 pm
txj wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:09 pm

Txj

Actually I will state that the problem with you is actually what you pointed above which is to state that all Africans or all this... here you have literally done it again by stating in otherv words " not a single" but how do you know of every Nigerian, may I ask? You do have a tendency to paint a wide brush instead of limiting your knowledge precisely to the narrow range that you are aware of. Not long ago you claimed you have watched practices of all Nigerian clubs and they involve putting teams against each other. That has long been proven to be false. Learn to timit your observation to the few instances that you know. Now you are trying to claim knowledge of all Nigerian coaches. That is surely false.

I said all the LCs we have 'seen publicly' for a reason. That is in reference to LCs with the various NTs and are involved in African club competitions.

Secondly I do not know where you got the info that I said I watched practices of all Nigerian clubs. I mean, how is that even possible?

Again, pls stop misrepresenting my views. Its become an established pattern with you.

Getting back to the substantive issue, your claim above that you are 'glad this is happening', as if this is anything new...

I understand your advocacy for African coaches, but it needs to be based on facts and reality on the ground...

As Lolly pointed out above, u tend to do this sideways argument thing :D

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:50 pm

Lazy ex internationals, SE is not their birthright. Anyways the NFF are to blame for even thinking they are good enough simply because they are ex players.
This is the biggest problem. These lazy things are always looking for handout like Anne Idibia's brothers. Rather than go out there and work, learn, improve! They will be running after sugar daddies in NFF and ministry, so they can get jobs. Shameless things.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:47 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:50 pm

This is the biggest problem. These lazy things are always looking for handout like Anne Idibia's brothers. Rather than go out there and work, learn, improve! They will be running after sugar daddies in NFF and ministry, so they can get jobs. Shameless things.
Yup,but it all ends now, tired of these lazy ex internationals seeking for handouts.