BREAKING: NFF SACKS SE COACHES......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
BREAKING: NFF SACKS SE COACHES......

Post by Enugu II »

BREAKING: Nigeria Football Federation Sacks Super Eagles Technical Crew
https://saharareporters.com/2022/03/31/ ... nical-crew

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKMAR 31, 2022

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has sacked the entire technical crew of the Super Eagles following the team’s failure to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup to be hosted by Qatar.

Nigeria’s senior male football team, Super Eagles drew 1-1 with their Ghanaian counterparts, the Black Stars on Tuesday, in a match that was to decide who would qualify for the tournament.

The Super Eagles earlier drew 0-0 in Ghana, meaning Nigeria failed to qualify based on away goals rule.

The Super Eagles lost the ticket to Black Stars of Ghana in a 1-1 draw on Tuesday at the MKO National Stadium Abuja with the visitors going through on away-goal rule.

The interim chief coach Augustine Eguavoen earlier resigned from the position to fall back to his role as Technical Director.

A statement on Thursday by the NFF Secretary-General, Dr Mohammed Sanusi said the technical crew of the Super Eagles have been sacked.

It reads: “The NFF has in the meantime withdrawn the two-and-half years’ contract offered the coaches and terminated the appointment of the entire technical crew of the team with immediate effect.

“A new crew will be announced after a proper review to lead the new charge of reinvigorating the Super Eagles to face future challenges appropriately.”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: BREAKING: NFF SACKS SE COACHES......

Post by Lolly »

So they have also sacked Eguavoen from his Technical Director position? Na wa o.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Looks like they got rid of him too - may be a cost cutting move (why keep the coaches on payroll when there is no upcoming competition).
Source: TheNFF
NFF disengages Super Eagles’ Technical Crew
Posted By: The NFFon: March 31, 2022

Following the failure of the Super Eagles of Nigeria to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, the erstwhile Technical Adviser, Augustine Eguavoen has stepped down from that position with immediate effect.

The NFF has in the meantime withdrawn the two-and-half years contract offered the coaches and terminated the appointment of the entire technical crew of the team with immediate effect. A new crew will be announced after a proper review to lead the new charge of reinvigorating the Super Eagles to face future challenges appropriately.

“We thank the coaches and team officials for their service to the nation and wish them success in their future endeavours,” said NFF General Secretary, Dr Mohammed Sanusi.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

If Naija football wants to move ahead, those doing the sacking should complete
the clearing and resign themselves instead of sitting tight on the stink their actions
have created. Can these guys firing the coaches say with a straight face that their decisions
did not contribute to our football failures? Clearly they made the wrong decisions hiring those
they are now scapegoating.

Can't wait for the 'new ideas' these hustlers will try selling to we fans.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

joao wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:06 pm If Naija football wants to move ahead, those doing the sacking should complete
the clearing and resign themselves instead of sitting tight on the stink their actions
have created. Can these guys firing the coaches say with a straight face that their decisions
did not contribute to our football failures? Clearly they made the wrong decisions hiring those

Those doing the sacking should have been sacked first.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Two day late
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

oloye wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:32 pm
joao wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:06 pm If Naija football wants to move ahead, those doing the sacking should complete

They never do.

Algerian Football Federation president resigns
31/03/2022, 17:58:35
https://www.tellerreport.com/sports/202 ... 6I7Xq.html
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Lolly wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:44 pm

They never do.

I bet the Algerian guy was asked to resign. Pinnick needs to be forced out or all Nigerians are complicit. Not qualifying for the World Cup should be our red line regarding whether the FA chief stays in the role.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

They never do.

Please don't let Pinnick catch you posting the highlighted 'nonsense'
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Orion wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:50 pm

They never do.

I bet the Algerian guy was asked to resign. Pinnick needs to be forced out or all Nigerians are complicit. Not qualifying for the World Cup should be our red line regarding whether the FA chief stays in the role.
Yup.
But Nigerians don’t resign.
Resign ke?
Is he not Nigerian?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Best post since our exit from the W Cup\. There are killers to our game in the glass house, one of them is the Sec. gen. Sanusi. that man is evil.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Amunike should not have accepted the position
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ANC wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:54 pm Amunike should not have accepted the position
Amuneke made that bed, the consequences are ALL HIS.

To me there are things that make me wonder about Emmanuel Amuneke in the last few months. I have a slightly different view of the man since then. Here are some.

1. I thought this was a principled man. If that was so why would you even accept to do this job WITHOUT a valid contract? Is he so desperate? Why do the job without a contract?

2. Was he not part of a coaching crew that accepted NFF's interference on the invitation of players? Surely, that cannot be a plus.

Those two points above have lowered my view about the man. Her gets the sack, along with Egu, deservedly. The shame is that it appears they acted more like stooges and they are being thrown out like stooges.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

The first name that needed to be fired was the goal keeping coach.Been in post 5 years and has not been able to find or develop a decent goalkeeper.

At the last ANC before this, we went out courtesy of Akpeyi free kick gaff.Then in the last ANC we went out due to another goal keeping howler. Then to cap it off we go out of the World Cup qualifier due to another goalkeeping gaff. There has to be point where you say enough is enough and get rid of the goalkeeping coach that cannot add any value.

I don’t blame Egu he was the worst player on the 1994 World Cup squad and was thrusted into a position he should never been entrusted with. His CV consists of having taken a talented under 17 team consisting of Obi, Obasi, Nsofor,Taiwo etc and got knocked in the first round of the Under 17 FIFA World Cup.!That same team went on to win the under 20 Afcon and the Silver medal @ the FIFA under 20 World Cup; the same team also won a silver medal at the Olympics loosing out to Messi in both finals, no shame . Had Egu been charge it would have been first round exit in all those tournaments.

When given the opportunity he could not even qualify the under20 team for the Olympics. But Panick decided to replace Rohr with Egu. Panick needs to face the consequences for these stupid decisions and needs to go. If Nigeria is banned for the violence after the match against Ghana it would be ideal opportunity for the government to get rid of the whole board.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Flex Swift wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:44 pm The first name that needed to be fired was the goal keeping coach.Been in post 5 years and has not been able to find or develop a decent goalkeeper.

At the last ANC before this, we went out courtesy of Akpeyi free kick gaff.Then in the last ANC we went out due to another goal keeping howler. Then to cap it off we go out of the World Cup qualifier due to another goalkeeping gaff. There has to be point where you say enough is enough and get rid of the goalkeeping coach that cannot add any value.

I don’t blame Egu he was the worst player on the 1994 World Cup squad and was thrusted into a position he should never been entrusted with. His CV consists of having taken a talented under 17 team consisting of Obi, Obasi, Nsofor,Taiwo etc and got knocked in the first round of the Under 17 FIFA World Cup.!That same team went on to win the under 20 Afcon and the Silver medal @ the FIFA under 20 World Cup; the same team also won a silver medal at the Olympics loosing out to Messi in both finals, no shame . Had Egu been charge it would have been first round exit in all those tournaments.

When given the opportunity he could not even qualify the under20 team for the Olympics. But Panick decided to replace Rohr with Egu. Panick needs to face the consequences for these stupid decisions and needs to go. If Nigeria is banned for the violence after the match against Ghana it would be ideal opportunity for the government to get rid of the whole board.
Govt can’t interfere with NFF runnings. They will have to beat him out through election. They can rig the election all I care, the man has to go.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Believe it or not we are making progress, at least the fans and the media are.

Surprisingly none of the coaches have been accused of being any player's agent (yet?).
Advocating rational thought since 1987
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

They may have made a mistake hiring this particular set of coaches but the bigger issue, by far, is the NFF’s penchant to impose their will on coaches out of self-interest. No one in the whole wide world can convince me that the team that faced Ghana in Abuja was Eguavoen’s selection. So basically, the NFF has fired the technical crew for the NFF’s own shortcomings while they remain in place to make even more absurd decisions. Nigeria, we hail thee🤐❗️

Cheers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:44 am
ANC wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:54 pm Amunike should not have accepted the position
Amuneke made that bed, the consequences are ALL HIS.

To me there are things that make me wonder about Emmanuel Amuneke in the last few months. I have a slightly different view of the man since then. Here are some.

1. I thought this was a principled man. If that was so why would you even accept to do this job WITHOUT a valid contract? Is he so desperate? Why do the job without a contract?

2. Was he not part of a coaching crew that accepted NFF's interference on the invitation of players? Surely, that cannot be a plus.

Those two points above have lowered my view about the man. Her gets the sack, along with Egu, deservedly. The shame is that it appears they acted more like stooges and they are being thrown out like stooges.
Please tell us which other job Amuneke had or offers, that he should have turned down a high profile job like the SE assistant coach?

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:24 am

They may have made a mistake hiring this particular set of coaches but the bigger issue, by far, is the NFF’s penchant to impose their will on coaches out of self-interest. No one in the whole wide world can convince me that the team that faced Ghana in Abuja was Eguavoen’s selection. So basically, the NFF has fired the technical crew for the NFF’s own shortcomings while they remain in place to make even more absurd decisions. Nigeria, we hail thee🤐❗️

Cheers.
Other than the regulars, the UK boys were mostly NFF pickings.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Flex Swift wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:44 pm The first name that needed to be fired was the goal keeping coach.Been in post 5 years and has not been able to find or develop a decent goalkeeper.

Aloy Agu the goalkeeping coach was a horrendous keeper in Senegal 92 ANC. Appointing him was a head scratcher, and his trainees have been performing just like him. Also inserting shoelace master Joseph Yobo into the technical crew in spite of no coaching training or past proven performance was just perplexing.
For the future, I'd like to see Ndubuisi Egbo involved in some capacity. He has proven himself as a head coach in Europe, and was also a stable goalie. At the very least, he can be offered the goalie coach role if he will accept.
Also a proven team psychologist is a must. He either did not exist in the outgoing crew or was just as poor as the other staff.
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

Pinnik shouldn't forget to sack himself
No Escape
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Silver-Shadow wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:52 pm Pinnik shouldn't forget to sack himself
The president of Algerian Football resigned just after the team failed to qualify for the world cup.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Silver-Shadow wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:52 pm Pinnik shouldn't forget to sack himself
The president of Algerian Football resigned just after the team failed to qualify for the world cup.