ROHR: I would have taken the SE to WC Quarters......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
ROHR: I would have taken the SE to WC Quarters......

Post by Enugu II »

Nigeria: I Would Have Taken Super Eagles to Quarter-Finals - Rohr
https://allafrica.com/stories/202204010313.html
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppFlipboardLinkedInRedditEmailShare
1 APRIL 2022
Daily Trust (Abuja)
By Olusola Jide Jide

As Nigerians continue to rue the failure of the Super Eagles to qualify for Qatar 2022, a former technical adviser of the team, Gernot Rohr, has revealed that his target was to reach the World Cup and lead the team to the quarter-finals.

Rohr, who was sacked last year by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) just before the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, was at the helm of affairs for the national team for five years.

"We had all the hope that Nigeria would qualify and I believe that the better players are in Nigeria not in Ghana. But sometimes the collective work of a team can be stronger than the individual strength of the other team.

"My target was to go to the World Cup in Qatar and to go at least to the quarter-final and also to have a good image of Nigerian football like we had in the last five years.

"Now I see in the newspapers, the pictures of what happened after the match in Abuja and it is not good for the image of Nigerian football and of all the country.

"So, yes, I hope that Nigeria will come back and the young players we have will fight together again and write a better page in the future for Nigerian football," he stated in a statement.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ROHR: I would have taken the SE to WC Quarters......

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I believe he would’ve qualified Nigeria as he understood what their strengths and weaknesses were and relied on team chemistry no matter how ugly it looked.
The yes man Eguavoen did play for the fans hence his decision to start a very important game with a lot of kids that were not used the African game all at once,Eguavoen also let governors control the locker room to appease the NFF who of cause loved it as they could hang out with the players anytime they wished and in the end they got phuked!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Personally. Rohr is done with Nigeria. Nigeria need to go back to the Drawing Board to build A Football Culture of grooming Talents. Then come back out to conquer the world. If not goodluck to bad rubish. Coach is not ya problem. Ofcourse you call players who do not even know they can still play. Commical bunch.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Clickbait as usual, the article header does not match what he said...

Truer words have not been said...
But sometimes the collective work of a team can be stronger than the individual strength of the other team.
but no, you people should keep on braying about this player needs to be called and this player needs to be dropped...
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Maybe he meant he would've taken Nigeria to the Qatar world cup finals, not world cup quarter finals.😄
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Gotta give it to the basT4rd!! he knows what to say to get the natives jumping in the plantation. B4sT4rd went to the world cup and got knocked out in the first round, but thinks the natives are stupp11d enough to believe he will go to another world cup and take us to the promised land. Ehhh thank you, Moses. :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?