Nigeria need a 4 year plan- 2026 WC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Nigeria need a 4 year plan- 2026 WC

Post by ohenhen1 »

Next World up is in the US in 2026. Hopefully Nigeria will make it and I can attend all of the games. Will save up PTO time. SAlready planning 4 years in advance. It has happened, no need to start sulking about not making the WC. Even Italy didn't make the WC. $#% happens. We have to pick ourselves up, learn. Don't make the same mistakes, again and again and again.

1. Pinnick should resign. Complete overhaul of the NFF. He can't stay.
2. Hire a new coach and give him a 4 year contract. The contract will make it difficult for Nigeria to sack him until after the next WC.
3. Have a 4 year player development plan including programs for youth teams and etc. Have a plan for the amount of friendlies.
4. Getting Nigerian fans back. Have a plan to get the support back. Nigerians are now losing interest. If Abuja can't get fans. Don't use Abuja. Continue to generate more revenue.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria need a 4 year plan- 2026 WC

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Pls tell us any 4yr plan Nigeria has ever executed that you know of.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

There's still lots of football to be played, we have an afcon qualifier this June or July I believe, the immediate goal right now should be to get a very good coach and that coach must be a seasoned veteran, and must have the luxury to pick his own backroom staffs and must operate with no interference from the corrupt NFF officials who will want to impose players on him, that ends now...hopefully Opioro mango head Pinnick will be gone from our football this year...the team we have is still good, the new coach should be firm and phase out some old players who are just wasting space (we know them already so no need to mention names ). Lastly the coach will need the next available window for friendly matches to execute his coaching structure and ideas, if we can get things right and plan for the next AFCON in Ivory Coast next year (and hopefully win it), it will make up for our disappointment this year.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:23 pm There's still lots of football to be played, we have an afcon qualifier this June or July I believe, the immediate goal right now should be to get a very good coach and that coach must be a seasoned veteran, and must have the luxury to pick his own backroom staffs and must operate with no interference from the corrupt NFF officials who will want to impose players on him, that ends now...hopefully Opioro mango head Pinnick will be gone from our football this year...the team we have is still good, the new coach should be firm and phase out some old players who are just wasting space (we know them already so no need to mention names ). Lastly the coach will need the next available window for friendly matches to execute his coaching structure and ideas, if we can get things right and plan for the next AFCON in Ivory Coast next year (and hopefully win it), it will make up for our disappointment this year.
Bro nothing will make up for the disaster of missing out on the last 32 team WC, when our team is maturing into their prime and could have been ready to do serious damage in Qatar.

Winning afcon won't do it, mba.

But yes let us plan and it starts with hiring THE RIGHT COACH, who will be completely independent of any crooks lurking in the NFF. He must have a substantial CV, at least relative to other journeymen.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:43 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:23 pm There's still lots of football to be played, we have an afcon qualifier this June or July I believe, the immediate goal right now should be to get a very good coach and that coach must be a seasoned veteran, and must have the luxury to pick his own backroom staffs and must operate with no interference from the corrupt NFF officials who will want to impose players on him, that ends now...hopefully Opioro mango head Pinnick will be gone from our football this year...the team we have is still good, the new coach should be firm and phase out some old players who are just wasting space (we know them already so no need to mention names ). Lastly the coach will need the next available window for friendly matches to execute his coaching structure and ideas, if we can get things right and plan for the next AFCON in Ivory Coast next year (and hopefully win it), it will make up for our disappointment this year.
Bro nothing will make up for the disaster of missing out on the last 32 team WC, when our team is maturing into their prime and could have been ready to do serious damage in Qatar.

Winning afcon won't do it, mba.

But yes let us plan and it starts with hiring THE RIGHT COACH, who will be completely independent of any crooks lurking in the NFF. He must have a substantial CV, at least relative to other journeymen.
Unfortunately it's the price the players will have to pay for not taking their chances against Ghana (Simon Moses,Aribo and Osimhen), it sucks because most of these players with the exception of Osimhen and a few others will be way past their usefulness come the next world cup, so technically we might have to start the arduous task of rebuilding with new and upcoming players ahead of 2026.

And I insist winning the next AFCON will make us forget about the world cup, aside from the massive bonus money we would gotten from participating in the world cup, our showing up under a poor coach wouldn't have made any difference anyway if we were back after 3 games, missing the WC sucks YES but with a good coach, we can focus on the AFCON and plan effectively for the next world cup...I just wish the world cup wasn't every 4 years.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I've been on this website for over 10 years and we always talk about plan plan plan but nobody comes up with anything.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

A new coach should be appointed before the next Afcon qualifier. No caretaker appointment. Pinnick also must step down.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

kalani JR wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:53 pm I've been on this website for over 10 years and we always talk about plan plan plan but nobody comes up with anything.
For starters the likes of Pinnick and his board of crooks have got to GO, that's as good enough a step to a plan as we can get before anything else
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

kalani JR wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:53 pm I've been on this website for over 10 years and we always talk about plan plan plan but nobody comes up with anything.
This is just a forum,even if someone comes up with a plan on here how would the NFF use it?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:40 pm Next World up is in the US in 2026. Hopefully Nigeria will make it and I can attend all of the games. Will save up PTO time. SAlready planning 4 years in advance. It has happened, no need to start sulking about not making the WC. Even Italy didn't make the WC. $#% happens. We have to pick ourselves up, learn. Don't make the same mistakes, again and again and again.

1. Pinnick should resign. Complete overhaul of the NFF. He can't stay.
2. Hire a new coach and give him a 4 year contract. The contract will make it difficult for Nigeria to sack him until after the next WC.
3. Have a 4 year player development plan including programs for youth teams and etc. Have a plan for the amount of friendlies.
4. Getting Nigerian fans back. Have a plan to get the support back. Nigerians are now losing interest. If Abuja can't get fans. Don't use Abuja. Continue to generate more revenue.
Thanks for your ideas. These are good ideas. But the problem stems from the lack of implementation of these ideas and great ideas of the past. Unfortunately, those at the corridor of power don't think about ideas on developing Nigeria but ideas on how to develop their pockets.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:54 pm A new coach should be appointed before the next Afcon qualifier. No caretaker appointment. Pinnick also must step down.
Pinnick’s current term ends in September this year and he had already started scheming for a third term. And even if he goes, the next person in line is his guy and he would probably be worse than Pinnick.

Shehu Dikko is next. Go and read about him. We are in trouble.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

The plan is simple:
1) Hire a good coach, possibly one that plays with a 4-3-3.
2) Try to convince some players with dual nationality to join Super Eagles. The most useful would be: Eberechi Eze, Noni Madueke, Tosin Adarabioyo, Jordan Torunarigha,
3) Include in the selection players who could be in the squad for at least the next 4 years. This means that the era of Balogun, Musa, Ighalo, Shehu, Akpeyi and maybe also Troost-Ekong, Omeruo, Collins could be over.
Last edited by pindal123 on Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.