Players with dual nationality who could join Super Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Players with dual nationality who could join Super Eagles

Post by DAgrin »

Felix Agu should be on the list.
We need another right back/right wing back besides from Ola Aina who is also not playing regulary for his club.

Felix Agu has agreed to play for Nigeria but is yet to get a call (he stated in recent interviews).
He plays for Werder Bremen in the 2nd Bundesliga and is a regular for them. They are likely to be promoted to the Bundesliga (currently in 1st place).
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I think the dual nationality thing is misguided. If the players are top notch then sure, bring them in. But second div and weaker league bi-nats are another matter.

The long term strategy should be at the grassroots level
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The Italian-Naija kid that plays in Udinese and on loan from Verona (Udogie) is also a solid prospect we could look out for.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

YUJAM wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:25 pm I think the dual nationality thing is misguided. If the players are top notch then sure, bring them in. But second div and weaker league bi-nats are another matter.

The long term strategy should be at the grassroots level
Yujam

You capture my sentiments. We need all eligible players including those with dual nationality. What I do not like though is the neglect of home grown talent or chasing of all dual nationality players based on some difficult to measure criterion.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

The most important priority for me is Joshua Zirkzee!! We don't have a quality finisher on that team. We badly need one. We cannot let this kid go the way of Tammy Abraham.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

DAgrin wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:28 pm Felix Agu should be on the list.
We need another right back/right wing back besides from Ola Aina who is also not playing regulary for his club.
Felix Agu has agreed to play for Nigeria but is yet to get a call (he stated in recent interviews).
He plays for Werder Bremen in the 2nd Bundesliga and is a regular for them. They are likely to be promoted to the Bundesliga (currently in 1st place).
This is a very good suggestion!
For the right-back postition there is also Kingsley Ehizibue, who already switched nationality to Nigeria, and he is playing regulary for FC Köln in the 1st Bundesliga.
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:26 pm The Italian-Naija kid that plays in Udinese and on loan from Verona (Udogie) is also a solid prospect we could look out for.
Destiny Udogie is also a very good suggestion! He is still only 19 years old and could be our future!
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

bushboy wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:00 am The most important priority for me is Joshua Zirkzee!! We don't have a quality finisher on that team. We badly need one. We cannot let this kid go the way of Tammy Abraham.
I totally disagree! Zirkzee would be useless for our team!
Zirkzee has failed in both Italy and Germany, especially in Italy he was awful.
On the contrary, Osimhen and Awonyi have always done well in Italy and Germany, they are 100 times better than Zirkzee, especially Osimhen.
Also Paul Onuachu, who plays in Belgium like Zirkzee, has done better than Zirkzee in the Jupiter League!
Then we have many other choices like Iheanacho etc.
So for me it's a big "no" to Zirkzee.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

pindal123 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:56 am
bushboy wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:00 am The most important priority for me is Joshua Zirkzee!! We don't have a quality finisher on that team. We badly need one. We cannot let this kid go the way of Tammy Abraham.
I totally disagree! Zirkzee would be useless for our team!
Zirkzee has failed in both Italy and Germany, especially in Italy he was awful.
On the contrary, Osimhen and Awonyi have always done well in Italy and Germany, they are 100 times better than Zirkzee, especially Osimhen.
Also Paul Onuachu, who plays in Belgium like Zirkzee, has done better than Zirkzee in the Jupiter League!
Then we have many other choices like Iheanacho etc.
So for me it's a big "no" to Zirkzee.
:rotf: :rotf: The same way Osimhen "failed" in Germany with Wolfsberg abi? A 18yr old (at the time) getting minutes at Bayern and being sent on loan to develop is your definition of "failing in Germany?"

He was injured in his loan spell in Italy, so I don't know how he "failed"

He is head and shoulders a superior talent to the players you listed above. To each his own.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

bushboy wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:00 pm :rotf: :rotf: The same way Osimhen "failed" in Germany with Wolfsberg abi? A 18yr old (at the time) getting minutes at Bayern and being sent on loan to develop is your definition of "failing in Germany?"
He is head and shoulders a superior talent to the players you listed above. To each his own.
Osimhen is our best striker by far, you can' t even compare Zirkzee with him!

I can just remember this goal Zirkzee missed against Ajax, to show what a terrible finisher he is! :rotf:

You say that he is superior than every player in my list, but also Onuachu scored so far more goals in the Jupiter League than Zirkzee , despite Onuachu is playing in a less competitive team. :tongue:
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

pindal123 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:54 pm
bushboy wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:00 pm :rotf: :rotf: The same way Osimhen "failed" in Germany with Wolfsberg abi? A 18yr old (at the time) getting minutes at Bayern and being sent on loan to develop is your definition of "failing in Germany?"
Osimhen is our best striker by far, you can' t even compare Zirkzee with him!

I can just remember this goal Zirkzee missed against Ajax, to show what a terrible finisher he is! :rotf:

You say that he is superior than every player in my list, but also Onuachu scored so far more goals in the Jupiter League than Zirkzee , despite Onuachu is playing in a less competitive team. :tongue:
I get your point, but to post that as a "miss" is a stretch. He coolly rounded the keeper and was waiting for the ball to roll into the net without touching it again. A defender gets it out before it does. Poor decision? Absolutely!! But a "miss?" hardly.

No yawa. We can agree to disagree.
Who will be next?
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

I recently watched some Destiny Udogie's matches with Udinese and he is outstanding, a real figher!
We must hurry to invite him before Italy does!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

pindal123 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:01 am I recently watched some Destiny Udogie's matches with Udinese and he is outstanding, a real figher!
We must hurry to invite him before Italy does!
Yep always said I’d chase him first before Bassey…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!