Players with dual nationality who could join Super Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pindal123
Egg
Egg
Players with dual nationality who could join Super Eagles

Post by pindal123 »

Nigeria has already many players with dual citizenship who decided to switch nationaly in order to play for Super Eagles. The last of them is Lookman , but there are also many others: Balogun, Troost-Ekong, Akpoguma, Aina, Ebuehui, Okoye, Osigwe.
There are still many talents who could switch nationality, if they do that, the team will surely become formidable. Here you are some of them:

EBERECHI EZE
He could be our n.10, Eze has proven to be a an extraordinary attacking midfielder for Crystal Palace and has been a major driving force for the Premier League side. Samson Siasia has compared him to Okocha.

NONI MADUEKE
He is a really talented winger, in the last PSV matches he was extraordinary. He would improve a lot our up-front line, but it seems his aim is to play for England.

TOSIN ADARABIOYO
He is a the tall centre-back we need, considering that the Balogun era is over, Tosin is the right man with a good exprience in Premier League.

JORDAN TORUNARIGHA
Another center-back that would make our defense very strong.

DESTINY UDOGIE
He has been one of the revelations of the 2021/22 Serie A, producing impressive performances as a left wing-back in the 3-5-2 formation for Udinese.

OVIE EJARIA
He should be already elegible to play for Nigeria, he must be included in the squad then.

MICHAEL OLISE
Altough i' m not a fan of him, it' s recurring name. He is very unlikely to join Super Eagles as he has plenty country to choose: France, England or Nigeria.

NATHAN TELLA
Not better than our current wingers, but he is welcome.

SHEYI OJO
Not useful like Tella, but welcome.

I think that missing the World Cup has made us loose the potential to convince these players to play for Super Eagles, but i still hope they will join Nigeria. What do you think, which of them would be the most useful and which one is more likely to switch nationality to Nigeria.
Last edited by pindal123 on Wed May 18, 2022 9:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: Players with dual nationality who could join Super Eagles

Post by gochino »

pindal123 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:26 am Nigeria has already many players with dual citizenship who decided to switch nationaly in order to play for Super Eagles. The last of them is Lookman , but there are also many others: Balogun, Troost-Ekong, Akpoguma, Aina, Ebuehui, Okoye, Osigwe.
There are still many talents who could switch nationality, if they do that, the team will surely become formidable. Here you are some of them:

EBERECHI EZE
He could be our n.10, Eze has proven to be a an extraordinary attacking midfielder for Crystal Palace and has been a major driving force for the Premier League side. Samson Siasia has compared him to Okocha.

NONI MADUEKE
He is a really talented winger, in the last PSV matches he was extraordinary. He would improve a lot our up-front line.

TOSIN ADARABIOYO
He is a the tall centre-back we need, considering that the Balogun era is over, Tosin is the right man with a good exprience in Premier League.

JORDAN TORUNARIGHA

OVIE EJARIA
I read he is already elegible to play for Nigeria, he must be included in the squad then.

MICHAEL OLISE
This will be a hard one to get : he can play for France, England or Nigeria, let's what the boy will choose.

NATHAN TELLA
Not sure he is better than our current wingers, but he is welcome.

SHEYI OJO
Same as Tella.

I think that missing the World Cup has made us loose the potential to convince these players to play for Super Eagles, but i still hope they will join Nigeria. What do you think, which of them would be the most useful and which one is more likely to switch nationality to Nigeria?
That exactly is the problem with such a short term strategy. We would always end up at this point.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

pindal123 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:26 am Nigeria has already many players with dual citizenship who decided to switch nationaly in order to play for Super Eagles. The last of them is Lookman , but there are also many others: Balogun, Troost-Ekong, Akpoguma, Aina, Ebuehui, Okoye, Osigwe.

EBERECHI EZE

NONI MADUEKE
He is a really talented winger, in the last PSV matches he was extraordinary. He would improve a lot our up-front line.

TOSIN ADARABIOYO

JORDAN TORUNARIGHA

OVIE EJARIA
I read he is already elegible to play for Nigeria, he must be included in the squad then.

MICHAEL OLISE
This will be a hard one to get : he can play for France, England or Nigeria, let's what the boy will choose.

NATHAN TELLA

SHEYI OJO
Same as Tella.

I think that missing the World Cup has made us loose the potential to convince these players to play for Super Eagles, but i still hope they will join Nigeria. What do you think, which of them would be the most useful and which one is more likely to switch nationality to Nigeria?
Do not say that again.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

EBERECHI EZE

NONI MADUEKE

TOSIN ADARABIOYO

JORDAN TORUNARIGHA

OVIE EJARIA

MICHAEL OLISE

NATHAN TELLA

SHEYI OJO
Same as Tella.

You guys just never learn. When Pinnick is booted out of the NFF on his arse, I hope you’ll go with him and continue to serve as his personal houseboy. Olise ko, Olise ni❗️

Cheers.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

gochino wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:26 pm That exactly is the problem with such a short term strategy. We would always end up at this point.
There are still many competitions to be played before the next World Cup, that's because we need a short term strategy.
These are very skilled players who can drastically improve the team performance, especially Eze and Madueke, and i'm sure they can be in the squad also after 4 years.
Alongide that short term strategy we should introduce a long term strategy, by developing young players at club and international level, there are arleady some who are ready to start this route like: Amoo, Ozornwafor etc.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:45 pm
gochino wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:26 pm That exactly is the problem with such a short term strategy. We would always end up at this point.
There are still many competitions to be played before the next World Cup, that's because we need a short term strategy.
These are very skilled players who can drastically improve the team performance, especially Eze and Madueke, and i'm sure they can be in the squad also after 4 years.
Alongide that short term strategy we should introduce a long term strategy, by developing young players at club and international level, there are arleady some who are ready to start this route like: Amoo, Ozornwafor etc.
Are you new to the forum?
If you are, you might not know that this topic and those names in particular have been debated to death.
And I mean debated to death.
Nothing you are saying that hasn''t resulted in pages upon pages upon pages of fights and insults.
You might want to do a quick search and see for yourself.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

This right here is the main reason Nigeria is not going to the world cup, not because of some talent draught but because of imported players that dont know how to dig in and win on the African soil. Make una continue, it will reach a stage where qualification for ordinary AFCON go become a pipe dream. A country of 200m+ people still looking outside. Soccer is not nuclear science. Mchew.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

oscar52 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:44 pm This right here is the main reason Nigeria is not going to the world cup, not because of some talent draught but because of imported players that dont know how to dig in and win on the African soil. Make una continue, it will reach a stage where qualification for ordinary AFCON go become a pipe dream. A country of 200m+ people still looking outside. Soccer is not nuclear science. Mchew.
Look, everyone is doing it. Why should we be any different :taunt: The footballing world has changed :D
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

oscar52 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:44 pm This right here is the main reason Nigeria is not going to the world cup, not because of some talent draught but because of imported players that dont know how to dig in and win on the African soil. Make una continue, it will reach a stage where qualification for ordinary AFCON go become a pipe dream. A country of 200m+ people still looking outside. Soccer is not nuclear science. Mchew.
The number of people in Nigeria means quantity but not quality!
The Premier League and in general English football has now a much higher standars than Nigerian league or any other league in the world!
So I think it's not a bad thing if the players will improve the team quality.
Anyway Rohr is the coach who imported more players than any other coach in the past! Balogun, Okoye, Osigwe, Akpoguma, Ebuehi etc. , but if you see these are mainly players who come from german or dutch football that is a step under English football. The most talented players from outside come from English football, like: Eze, Madueke, Adarabioyo. I think that if we were able to convince them to play for Super Eagles, we would have gone to the World Cup.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

pindal123 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:01 pm
The Premier League and in general English football has now a much higher standars than Nigerian league or any other league in the world!
Anyway Rohr is the coach who imported more players than any other coach in the past! Balogun, Okoye, Osigwe, Akpoguma, Ebuehi etc. , but if you see these are mainly players who come from german or dutch football that is a step under English football. The most talented players from outside come from English football, like: Eze, Madueke, Adarabioyo. I think that if we were able to convince them to play for Super Eagles, we would have gone to the World Cup.
These guys don't want to play for NIgeria. We don't want them.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

EBERECHI EZE

NONI MADUEKE

TOSIN ADARABIOYO

JORDAN TORUNARIGHA

OVIE EJARIA

MICHAEL OLISE

NATHAN TELLA

SHEYI OJO
Same as Tella.

Are u a innit? These players are all innits waiting for England to call them. Ojo is useless, Ejaria needs to stay healthy.
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

pindal123 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:01 pm
Which one of Eze, Madueke and Adarabioyo is of higher profile or pedigree than Chiedozie or Iwobi? Recruiting foreign born players as a matter of policy is not the answer. Our main focus must be the development of our grassroots football❗️

Cheers.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:25 pm Which one of Eze, Madueke and Adarabioyo is of higher profile or pedigree than Chiedozie or Iwobi? Recruiting foreign born players as a matter of policy is not the answer. Our main focus must be the development of our grassroots football❗️
Cheers.
Otherwise you are trolling, it's clear that your football knowledge is very poor! :D
-Eberechi Eze has some unique skills that you don't have in any player of the current team! There isn't a proper n.10 like him!
-You are taking Iwobi as exemple of not imported players, but he is another one who has dual nationalit: despite being born in Nigeria, he grew up in England and played for English youth teams! :taunt:
-Then comparing Chidozie Awaziem vs Tosin Adarabioyo there is no doubt that Tosin wins! He comes from the Manchester City academy, one of the best in the world, he has experience in Premier League, the most talented league in this moment, and he also playd in the UEFA Champions League. On the other side Awaziem has played in the Portuguese and French leagues and now he is a bench warmer at Alanyaspor in the Turkish league. :biggrin:
So please go to watch and learn a bit of football before writing bullshits! :sleep:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

pindal123 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:59 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:25 pm Which one of Eze, Madueke and Adarabioyo is of higher profile or pedigree than Chiedozie or Iwobi? Recruiting foreign born players as a matter of policy is not the answer. Our main focus must be the development of our grassroots football❗️
Cheers.
Otherwise you are trolling, it's clear that your football knowledge is very poor! :D
-Eberechi Eze has some unique skills that you don't have in any player of the current team! There isn't a proper n.10 like him!
-You are taking Iwobi as exemple of not imported players, but he is another one who has dual nationalit: despite being born in Nigeria, he grew up in England and played for English youth teams! :taunt:
-Then comparing Chidozie Awaziem vs Tosin Adarabioyo there is no doubt that Tosin wins! He comes from the Manchester City academy, one of the best in the world, he has experience in Premier League, the most talented league in this moment, and he also playd in the UEFA Champions League. On the other side Awaziem has played in the Portuguese and French leagues and now he is a bench warmer at Alanyaspor in the Turkish league. :biggrin:
So please go to watch and learn a bit of football before writing bullshits! :sleep:
Kai. Dis boy no get respect at all at all. See as he shredded the paper Tiger into pieces of pieces. :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

We need a goal keeper.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:42 am We need a goal keeper.
True, both Uzoho and Okoye aren't very reliable and Akpeyi is too old.
We should try Adebayo Adeleye! This guy looks very confident from what i've seen!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nigeria has enough time to fix the problems it has at home since they won’t taste a World Cup for at least 3.5 years,
If the NFF doesn’t have innovative minds on board that k ow the importance of utilising players on their own soil then they all need to step down.
The English FA are obviously doing something right so why can’t the NFF start to ask where they went wrong?
Nations like Holland,Belgium and Croatia don’t have leagues that can compete with the English PL but they have National teams that can compete on the highest level, if a country as big as Nigeria can’t produce minds that can come up with the essentials to create a competitive footballing system then it’s clear they’ll always be lacking.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:22 pm
Cheers.
Kai. Dis boy no get respect at all at all. See as he shredded the paper Tiger into pieces of pieces. :rotf:
:lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cheers.
So when you hear the name Chiedozie, what comes to your mind is Awaziem? You are a clueless fool… no use engaging you over anything else❗️

Cheers.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
NationsCup
Egg
Egg

Post by NationsCup »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:42 am We need a goal keeper.
I think descent ball carriers that'll link defense with Attack and we'll be just fine
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Very good list...please add more, we need all the help we can get